• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emirates Marketing Project

If they want to continue throwing money at the team, they should be forced to become the Harlem Globetrotters of football - an exhibition team that is only a token opponent and isn't valid for winning anything.

I mean I'll give Guardiola credit, he and Mourinho have spent similar-ish amounts (right?) and his team play football on another level to Utd.

But reading the article, it seems the plan is to take a complete stranglehold of the sport. Surely, at some point, the "sport" element has to come into things. I know all eras have dominant teams, but if City keep this up, they could just make a mockery of the league (and maybe even the Champions League yet).

I mean I'll give Guardiola credit, he and Mourinho have spent similar-ish amounts (right?) and his team play football on another level to Utd.

But reading the article, it seems the plan is to take a complete stranglehold of the sport. Surely, at some point, the "sport" element has to come into things. I know all eras have dominant teams, but if City keep this up, they could just make a mockery of the league (and maybe even the Champions League yet).
I believe they've had sustained spending over a longer period - may be wrong on that but can't be bothered to look it up.

Mourinho also has to deal with the reality of working for a real football club - one that can't just ditch every mistake and go again whenever they feel like it. Utd spend a ridiculous amount of money but are still limited by a real world cap in a way City aren't.

Last edited:
And if that doesn't have any effect, the bottom 16 clubs should all have a tacit understanding between themselves that lumps get kicked out of skill players on financially doped clubs every game. The way Hazard has had the hell kicked out of him.

May not be pretty or work for everyone, but do that long enough to players signed for outlandish sums of money or clearly tapped up and it will send the right message that state-sponsored football has no place in a proper league. It will not only send that message to those seeking to financially dope clubs, it will tell the leagues themselves to stop tolerating or permitting it.

You'd probably get 18 quiet nods of approval from the current PL clubs.

There'll be those that will argue that the state/oil baron money now flowing into England will move to other nations and the calibre of football will commensurately rise elsewhere as top talent gets drawn away.

Big deal. The Premier League will remain the top draw on worldwide televisions. It's the place to be and it needs proper looking after.

Eh. I think the horse has bolted on both City and Chelsea - they've secured themselves against a future return to irrelevance simply by being successful. Even if Roman sells up, someone else of similar personal wealth will buy Chelsea as a status symbol - ditto City and Mansour, although it would be harder in the latter case since City aren't self-sufficient yet, unlike Chelsea (they still depend on dodgy accounting arrangements to pay their wages and are sponsored at ludicrous rates by state-aligned firms in the UAE).

But both of them have more or less secured their places, I think. And if you really want to stop this sort of thing, the answer isn't to just artificially restrict *which* oligarch, businessman or investment fund can own your club - but to own it yourself. As fans, as part of a fan organization which owns the majority stake in its club and is explicitly disallowed from relinquishing it to an individual or outside organization.

That's the real, long-term way to stop a City or a Chelsea - as proven by the Bundesliga, where Leipzig is an anomaly and Leverkusen/Wolfsburg are historical quirks in an otherwise fan-owned league.

Nothing else will work, imo - it's just tinkering around the edges.

They're reading my posts
They're reading my posts
Lumpenprole players
They're reading my posts

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...-City-striker-Gabriel-Jesus-tears-injury.html

There you go. Two very pricey, key players for City - De Bruyne and Jesus - helped off the Selhurst Park pitch as City's win streak ends.

Day before, it was ManU losing Lukaku and Ibrahimovic.

Arsenal set to lose Özil and Sanchez through their own incompetence.

Now for Hazard/Morata and Coutinho/Salah.

Three down, one to go.

Salah looks to have taken a knock against Leicester. Left the game limping.

Coutinho is being used already to market merchandise by Barcelona.

The well-kicked Eden Hazard is making all the right noises about wanting to play for Real.

Last edited:
Although DubaiSpur creams his pants about Emirates Marketing Project you still can't get away from the fact its cost billions to get to this point, which makes it even more laughable when people brick on our achievements on our finishes on a fraction of the cost and running an organic football club

They're reading my posts
They're reading my posts
Lumpenprole players
They're reading my posts

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...-City-striker-Gabriel-Jesus-tears-injury.html

There you go. Two very pricey, key players for City - De Bruyne and Jesus - helped off the Selhurst Park pitch as City's win streak ends.

Day before, it was ManU losing Lukaku and Ibrahimovic.

I said before we played city that their key players are De Bruyne and Silva... and they can lose one of them as the other can back full but not against the top sides

I’m not convinced De Bruyne will be out for long if at all as he is a tough player but it would be an interesting test on their mega money squad

Three down, one to go.

Salah looks to have taken a knock against Leicester. Left the game limping.

Coutinho is being used already to market merchandise by Barcelona.

The well-kicked Eden Hazard is making all the right noises about wanting to play for Real.
I saw that. Very presumptuous or deal done?

I said before we played city that their key players are De Bruyne and Silva... and they can lose one of them as the other can back full but not against the top sides

I’m not convinced De Bruyne will be out for long if at all as he is a tough player but it would be an interesting test on their mega money squad
Maybe they'll push for Sanchez in this upcoming window if De Bruyne is a serious injury.

Back