• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emerson Royal

Agree with the previous comments, looked ok against a tough opponent in Zaha and in a scratch team that was for the most part appaling!

I am concerned that there were occasions I expected him to take his opponent on and try to get a cross in, he didn't do anything - in fact he seemed to freeze ..

Slightly odd signing when we have Doherty and Tangana. Can’t judge him on today.

I guess he was too good a prospect not to sign. Emersons athleticism is clear, and at 22 he can become a great fullback. But he’s clearly not elite quite yet. Similar can be said of Reguilon. I find he underwhelms as much as he excels. I want things to click for Reguilon but so far I’m more inclined to developing Sessengon to become a left back.

Let’s be honest we need to give Royal 10 games before judging him and probably a season or two before he reaches his potential ability

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Slightly odd signing when we have Doherty and Tangana. Can’t judge him on today.

I guess he was too good a prospect not to sign. Emersons athleticism is clear, and at 22 he can become a great fullback. But he’s clearly not elite quite yet. Similar can be said of Reguilon. I find he underwhelms as much as he excels. I want things to click for Reguilon but so far I’m more inclined to developing Sessengon to become a left back.

Let’s be honest we need to give Royal 10 games before judging him and probably a season or two before he reaches his potential ability

You know as well as i do that is never going to happen with some of our fans.

Thought he was pretty average today . Some good and some bad. Zaha is hard work to play against.

We do need to give him time because it’s impossible to judge after one game.

I am concerned that there were occasions I expected him to take his opponent on and try to get a cross in, he didn't do anything - in fact he seemed to freeze ..
We'll see what comes with time, but the first game matches quite well with what I've read about him so far.

Solid one vs. one defender, but not exceptional (yet at least). Aggressive, physical, switched on. Will engage opponents and occasionally get done.

Can contribute going forward, but not a typical Brazilian full back in that he's not one to just take on players for fun, dribble or drive at players with the ball. Needs some combination play with the players around him. Sound technically and a decent enough passer, but not standout.

Athletic, really strong for a full back, tall too, quick, but not Walker type rapid.

Solid signing imo. He is what he is and shouldn't be judged on what people wish he was.

Really surprised about the Sessegnon vs Reguillon comment. The former has shown a lot of positives whilst adjusting to a new league but Sessegnon looks like a rabbit stuck in headlights.

I really hope he comes good of course but he’s given little cause for optimism whereas Reguillon has shown athleticism, tenacity and contributes to attacks as he can go past his man and deliver a cross (he does go full Hojbjerg in front of goal though!) Sessegnon looks like he’s playing within himself still not sure if that’s confidence, a fitness issue or both.

Really surprised about the Sessegnon vs Reguillon comment. The former has shown a lot of positives whilst adjusting to a new league but Sessegnon looks like a rabbit stuck in headlights.

I really hope he comes good of course but he’s given little cause for optimism whereas Reguillon has shown athleticism, tenacity and contributes to attacks as he can go past his man and deliver a cross (he does go full Hojbjerg in front of goal though!) Sessegnon looks like he’s playing within himself still not sure if that’s confidence, a fitness issue or both.

I completely agree. As things stand Reguilon is by far the better left back.

Two things really

1. I find Reguilon solid but underwhelming. He looks like he's going to turn it on anytime soon, but never quite does. I think he has it in him, and we should expect more from him.

2. Sessegnon to me just needs regular games, and good management. The raw attributes are there, and longer-term I have a hunch he offers more defensively (stronger) than Reguilon as well as more in attack too. He just needs to settle and be played at left-back. For his age, he is already decent. Just needs games and confidence. With those things, I think he can be one of the best left backs. Needs a manager to believe in him.

I completely agree. As things stand Reguilon is by far the better left back.

Two things really

1. I find Reguilon solid but underwhelming. He looks like he's going to turn it on anytime soon, but never quite does. I think he has it in him, and we should expect more from him.

2. Sessegnon to me just needs regular games, and good management. The raw attributes are there, and longer-term I have a hunch he offers more defensively (stronger) than Reguilon as well as more in attack too. He just needs to settle and be played at left-back. For his age, he is already decent. Just needs games and confidence. With those things, I think he can be one of the best left backs. Needs a manager to believe in him.
I think I do make the mistake of thinking Sessegnon is older than he is as he ‘burst onto the scene’ at a young age. He’s not disgraced himself like Doherty but he’s just tidy and never quite turns a promising situation into a good one.

Re Reggie, I think he regressed under Mourinho and we may see more from him this season as he’s shown he can burst past a man, it’s knowing when to do it.

Would you loan Sessegnon out or use him in conference / as first sub?

I think I do make the mistake of thinking Sessegnon is older than he is as he ‘burst onto the scene’ at a young age. He’s not disgraced himself like Doherty but he’s just tidy and never quite turns a promising situation into a good one.

Re Reggie, I think he regressed under Mourinho and we may see more from him this season as he’s shown he can burst past a man, it’s knowing when to do it.

Would you loan Sessegnon out or use him in conference / as first sub?

I'd build Sessegnon's confidence, tell him he needs to be ready to play at the top level, and train for it - because I believe he can go all the way be one of the best English LBs. Then when Reggie needs a break or rotating get Sessengon playing a run of games. One other thing Sessengon needs is the midfielders to be ready to play 1-2s with him. He'll fly down the wing and cut into the box. And he has a better finish than Reggie.

Reguilon has the ability, there is no doubt. I just find he promises more than he delivers. But the two of them should have us sorted for years to come. Just want Nuno to put faith in Sessengon and being him on. You can see from his Fullham days he can do it. He has the pace, strength and technical skill to be a better fullback than Walker. He needs to get his head right and he needs to play.

Early days, but it feels like we've spent a sizeable amount of money and not improved the position. Would have rather kept Aurier and Tanganga for the rb spots, sold Doherty and used that money and the money for Royal for a creative player that we so desperately lack.

Back