• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emerson Royal

Sent off for Brazil after twenty minutes tonight, two yellows. Their opponent Ecuador also down one player after a straight red.

Allison sent off for Brazil now. Sounds like an interesting game.

Edit: Reduced to a yellow after five minutes of VAR apparently.

That's crossing practice for you!

Very similar to one of auriers a few years back

That cross was going nowhere near a teammate. But got lucky and rewarded for all the good work leading up to the cross.

Mostly another trustworthy, 6/10 performance. Got into the box well on a couple of occasions, good to see.

That cross was going nowhere near a teammate. But got lucky and rewarded for all the good work leading up to the cross.

Mostly another trustworthy, 6/10 performance. Got into the box well on a couple of occasions, good to see.
Of course it wasn’t going anywhere near a teammate there was no one in the box to cross it to:D.So credit to Royal who knew this and continued to drive forward and go for goal anyway, lucky or not isn’t that what people have been complaining about - that he’d just plays it safe? He didn’t this time and got the rewards.

I think the Royal criticism is overdone. Against teams thag actually look to play football he is fine attacking wise because the opposition leaves space for him to run and dribble into like Brighton did tonight. There was only this real fuss about him against Watford, a team who defended deep and had ten men behind the ball - those teams are the ones Royal will struggle against more, perhaps Doherty will be better in that scenario. But all in all he is a solid player who will likely improve. A young player in a new league, he’s doing pretty well for me….

I think he is one more of transfers faults’ conte talked about. We can get the money back as he is young and Brazilian but he is not fit here. And I know it’s not a popular opinion but that’s my feeling.

I think he is one more of transfers faults’ conte talked about. We can get the money back as he is young and Brazilian but he is not fit here. And I know it’s not a popular opinion but that’s my feeling.

In defence of the player, he was signed as a right full back, but Conte plays with wingbacks. Not all full backs can excel as a wingback, however he is a decent right back.

I dont think you're alone in that view. I would keep him though for times when we play a back 4 and also see whether he could become Romero's understudy at RCB in the same way that Davies is either a full-back in a back 4 or a LCB in a back 3. No reason why he can't be similar to Azpulicueta in that regard

It's funny because continuing his run and trying to put the cross in was the wrong thing to do, he should have checked back when he was around the edge of the penalty area where he had a player in support

It's funny because continuing his run and trying to put the cross in was the wrong thing to do, he should have checked back when he was around the edge of the penalty area where he had a player in support
Not disagreeing at all, I would guess he has been encouraged to be more positive and drive towards the box when he has the opportunity which he did.I’m happy that he was positive as that’s when you find more luck goes your way. But your post does sum up football at times - you’re damned if you do and damned if you don’t:D….

Not half as bad as some make him out to be .... I know the narrative .... Brazilian full back must mean Roberto Carlos reincarnate.

Not half as bad as some make him out to be .... I know the narrative .... Brazilian full back must mean Roberto Carlos reincarnate.

That's not really been the narrative at all.

Most have been very positive about him as a full back. The "narrative" is that we need more attacking output from wing backs to really make this system work. Don't care if the player is Brazilian, English or from Luxembourg.

I actually think we need more from the left too, but Reguilon is some way ahead of Royal imo.

Back