• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emerson Royal

Thought he was really poor on Sunday to be honest. He's had some very good games here (Villa) and some poor ones but he's young and new to the country and the league. I think he has the talent and just needs a bit of time.

I think he could evolve as the RCB as to me he looks similar to Davies in the LCB role - both very solid defensively, but both are not dynamic enough to be great wing backs. However they are good enough technically on the ball to get the ball in the CB areas and go forward and pass as Davies has done to good effect under Conte….

He has been very solid defensively. Much much better than I expected
I think his attacking side will come
He is still raw and young at 22
I think learning the language will help with comms too
We do need another player on that side for rotation, competition or improvement.

Could not agree more with this, i think he has done really well since he got in the team and there is a very good player in there. As you say still young and finding his feet in the English game.

Some props for Royale today. Was his lovely quick release for Moura to burst away and set up Kane. Nice cross for Moura's header as well. Generally really good all game in attack and defence.

Half way point in his first season in the EPL and he is moving on and upwards. You have to give new signings at least a season, especially when they come from another League. Pleased with how he is working out for sure.

He's playing well generallt. Not actually the quickest which I think holds him back as he gets 1 on 1 with the full back loads but never really tries to take him on.

A full rampaging wing back to rotate with him/allow him to play CB when needed would be nice.

Good today but I fully expect more inconsistency because he’s had his brick days too. Has the tools, I like him but needs time to adjust for me.

He's playing well generallt. Not actually the quickest which I think holds him back as he gets 1 on 1 with the full back loads but never really tries to take him on.

A full rampaging wing back to rotate with him/allow him to play CB when needed would be nice.

Definitely another and more attacking option would be really good for us.

He's done well, he should continue to improve, but I don't think wing back is his best or most natural role. Still very happy with him, but a proper attacking wing back would make a big difference in some games at least.

Palace could allow him to get isolated up against Mitchell and more or less trust Mitchell to deal with him. When there was space and movement around him they were in trouble.

A wing back capable of going past a player like Mitchell with some regularity changes things massively.

Thought it was his best game for us and he was always availiable for a pass, seems to be gaining confidence under Conte.

Thought it was his best game for us and he was always availiable for a pass, seems to be gaining confidence under Conte.

Obviously down to coaching but him and Sanchez seem to have a good understanding, they certainly frustrated Zaha as he was forced deeper than he wants to be and his passing was negative.

Obviously down to coaching but him and Sanchez seem to have a good understanding, they certainly frustrated Zaha as he was forced deeper than he wants to be and his passing was negative.

Do not disagree, Zaha is imo one of the most overhyped/ overated players in the game.

I take it you mean Emerson?, yes i did. To be honest i think he has done really well in a couple of games and i fail to understand some of the criticism from some in the crowd. All about opinions i guess.
I think he's been generally excellent a season. I think the Liverpool game is the only one he really struggle din for me and that was down to the overload as much as it was the extreme quality of Liverpool's wide options. Even admitting that he was exactly taken to the cleaners. I have 0 complaints regarding Emerson and I'm a tough guy to please. [emoji28]

I think he's been generally excellent a season. I think the Liverpool game is the only one he really struggle din for me and that was down to the overload as much as it was the extreme quality of Liverpool's wide options. Even admitting that he was exactly taken to the cleaners. I have 0 complaints regarding Emerson and I'm a tough guy to please. [emoji28]

tickle my balls with a feather, i know Arnold get a lot of praise on the right but for me Robertson is a top player and most RBs have nightmares when up against his runs. I have had several disagreements with fans at games over Emerson and his performances and i really can not understand why some think he is poor. All about opinions though i guess.

I take it you mean Emerson?, yes i did. To be honest i think he has done really well in a couple of games and i fail to understand some of the criticism from some in the crowd. All about opinions i guess.

I agree that he's done very well.

But he does well playing his game, as he should. He's not a proper attacking full back capable of great crossing with consistency or running attacks on his own down the flank.

A greater attacking threat from RWB could be a real difference maker. That, so far at least, isn't Emerson. That's not on him, I think he was brought in for a fairly defensive right back role. He's done as well as could possibly be expected. All kinds of praise for that.

He looks a very good player, he doesn't look a great attacking wing back. To me at least. So far at least.

I agree that he's done very well.

But he does well playing his game, as he should. He's not a proper attacking full back capable of great crossing with consistency or running attacks on his own down the flank.

A greater attacking threat from RWB could be a real difference maker. That, so far at least, isn't Emerson. That's not on him, I think he was brought in for a fairly defensive right back role. He's done as well as could possibly be expected. All kinds of praise for that.

He looks a very good player, he doesn't look a great attacking wing back. To me at least. So far at least.

I do understand what you are saying and i do not really disagree, for me though its far to early to predict how good he could be as a attacking player. Only young and adapting to a different game and country and the signs ( imo) are looking good so far. We shall see.

I do understand what you are saying and i do not really disagree, for me though its far to early to predict how good he could be as a attacking player. Only young and adapting to a different game and country and the signs ( imo) are looking good so far. We shall see.

I see your points too and definitely room for improvement and being patient is a lot easier when he's putting in solid performances on a consistent basis despite being new to the club, being young and playing in what I think is a new role.

For me what counts against a potential improvement is that he lacks any real standout attacking quality. He's not a great ball striker that can get great at crossing. He's doesn't have standout technical ability allowing him to become a threat one vs one. He's not standout quick (for a full/wing back) allowing him to be an attacking threat through sheer pace.

So my thinking is combination play, stamina to get up and down as his main attacking outlets.

I'm not sure that's enough in this system to really push on. Judging on that, and I know it's harsh, I'm not as optimistic. As an option, definitely, but preferably with a rather different type player competing with him.

This may all be premature, just my opinions based on what we've seen so far.

I see your points too and definitely room for improvement and being patient is a lot easier when he's putting in solid performances on a consistent basis despite being new to the club, being young and playing in what I think is a new role.

For me what counts against a potential improvement is that he lacks any real standout attacking quality. He's not a great ball striker that can get great at crossing. He's doesn't have standout technical ability allowing him to become a threat one vs one. He's not standout quick (for a full/wing back) allowing him to be an attacking threat through sheer pace.

So my thinking is combination play, stamina to get up and down as his main attacking outlets.

I'm not sure that's enough in this system to really push on. Judging on that, and I know it's harsh, I'm not as optimistic. As an option, definitely, but preferably with a rather different type player competing with him.

This may all be premature, just my opinions based on what we've seen so far.
But he defends very well which is something you also need, especially with under lapping CBs

Back