• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emerson Royal

Rondon as the only unknown is attractive. I think the truth of the matter is, Dier is actually the best of the bunch. Sanchez threatens to be good CB, but his mentality isn’t right. Isn’t commanding isn’t a leader and lacks confidence a lot of the time. He can still make it as a top CB but probably not with us. That said, Sanchez would be my 3rd choice.

We need Dier to do well because he’s the best we have to partner Romeo right now. I actually think Tanganga is better as a right back as he lack a couple of inches to be commanding at CB in a 2.

Agree that tanganga lacks height but could be a great option for a back 3.

Quite convinced that Dier will always have a mistake in him as he is not a natural CB. Last goal for instance - off his head then his thighs into our goal ... not so confdence inspiring and could even hold back Romero. In fact I think Nuno is playing really deep to accomodate Dier and as a result we lack presence in the final third to support attack.

Rodon has done well in the internationals considering that he's usually playing against a better team. He's done well for us in Europe too and deserves a string of games for a proper assessment. His mobility will be useful to get the most out of Romero's aggressive advancing defence style too.

Agree that tanganga lacks height but could be a great option for a back 3.

Quite convinced that Dier will always have a mistake in him as he is not a natural CB. Last goal for instance - off his head then his thighs into our goal ... not so confdence inspiring and could even hold back Romero. In fact I think Nuno is playing really deep to accomodate Dier and as a result we lack presence in the final third to support attack.

Rodon has done well in the internationals considering that he's usually playing against a better team. He's done well for us in Europe too and deserves a string of games for a proper assessment. His mobility will be useful to get the most out of Romero's aggressive advancing defence style too.
Don’t forget it was Romero who made the mistake for the first goal
Same as Villa too
But I actually think they work really well as a pairing

But we don’t play a high line

Higher, not high. Rodon was bought during the depths of Mourinho's six-yard line defending period to do the John Terry role. Santo has been a bit of an improvement in terms of line depth, although we still have a way to go. I think Rodon potentially gets exposed at this level in anything other than a full low block. Would be great to be proved wrong of course.

Higher, not high. Rodon was bought during the depths of Mourinho's six-yard line defending period to do the John Terry role. Santo has been a bit of an improvement in terms of line depth, although we still have a way to go. I think Rodon potentially gets exposed at this level in anything other than a full low block. Would be great to be proved wrong of course.
Swansea didn’t play a deep line when he was there

Championship forwards though. It's just a theory though as to why none of our managers have ever fancied him, despite him looking good for Wales
I’d argue the second best foward in the division thsi year has been Toney… W championship forward

I really rate Rodon
But I wouldn’t change our defence right now

Seems decent enough but I'm not aware of him offering anything attacking wise. It's a huge requirement for the modern game that the full backs help with attacks.
He's either scared, not confident enough yet or just doesn't have it in him.
Tanganga isn't a proper full back and he offers more going forward.

Seems decent enough but I'm not aware of him offering anything attacking wise. It's a huge requirement for the modern game that the full backs help with attacks.

A fb will attack on patterns, we don't have any.
Look at reggie cross for harry yesterday, it took an age to get the ball in the box because he had to wait for others, west ham were able to get set.
A deep cross to harry, and what kane is doing out there in the first place is another matter altogether, where the odds of scoring are low.
We are playing totally off the cuff, you can't do that at this level.

Did you see what was in front of Emerson yesterday.
Nothing….
Lucas was never there so every time royal went forward he had tow many in front of him as they were balls deep defending
You create width by creating space and overloads
We had no space but didn’t have players there to get the overloads to stretch them either

If we're playing two holding midfielders then we need the fullbacks getting forward. Moura was constantly too far in field but it doesn't stop Emerson getting forward and stretching their defence. At least it would've forced their LB to stay wider instead of being able to defend on the edge of his own box.

If we're playing two holding midfielders then we need the fullbacks getting forward. Moura was constantly too far in field but it doesn't stop Emerson getting forward and stretching their defence. At least it would've forced their LB to stay wider instead of being able to defend on the edge of his own box.
We did line up with that set up
But he has to come inside as there is no one in front of him

We did line up with that set up
But he has to come inside as there is no one in front of him
Emerson needs to come inside? I take it you mean pass it inside? Yes, but if he gets forward he forces one defender to come out of the box and stay wider.
It would give a little more space in the centre for the forwards.

Emerson needs to come inside? I take it you mean pass it inside? Yes, but if he gets forward he forces one defender to come out of the box and stay wider.
It would give a little more space in the centre for the forwards.
He stayed wide but his only ball was inside
He cant just run past their left back and leave that side exposed

He stayed wide but barely went past the halfway line. With two holding midfielders it's their job to cover the fullbacks when they go forward.
He did go forward
He did go past the half way line
But he had no one to give or revive the ball from
When that happens players tend to get deeper rather than go further forward as they want the ball

@DubSpur I don’t know if you get MOTD2 mate but worth watching to see what they highlight and where royal is
Wide and forwards most of the time
But the ball gets linger centrally into the defender

@DubSpur I don’t know if you get MOTD2 mate but worth watching to see what they highlight and where royal is
Wide and forwards most of the time
But the ball gets linger centrally into the defender
Indeed.... The problem on Sunday was that our build up was so ridiculously slow that by the time Royal got the ball he had at least one and generally two players blocking his way down the right. He can only really then come back inside as if he tried to dribble and lost the ball we would be exposed defensively with our players high up the field. Yesterday's game reminded me of all of the bad bits of an AVB attacking performance (when he didn't have Bale to score a worldy and bail him out)

Indeed.... The problem on Sunday was that our build up was so ridiculously slow that by the time Royal got the ball he had at least one and generally two players blocking his way down the right. He can only really then come back inside as if he tried to dribble and lost the ball we would be exposed defensively with our players high up the field. Yesterday's game reminded me of all of the bad bits of an AVB attacking performance (when he didn't have Bale to score a worldy and bail him out)
Yeah it has very big similarities
I say it’s the lack of playing a number 10 in that role
Tanguy is potentially an amazing player but playing at 10 he needs to live it quicker vs better teams.

Back