• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emerson Royal

Who best in front of Emerson best? Recall Dele in front of him didn't give hm much support.
Also its scary when our boys in the middle tend to lose the ball or control under pressure.

He must be figuring out who most reliable to pass to right now, its unusually crowded at the back with Nuno.

Don't you think posts and conclusions such as this would best be discussed at least after December?
Like DTA said I answered what seemed like a fair question.

I could definitely have put in a qualifier like "based only on what we've seen so far and what I tried to learn about him when we signed him, time will tell, he might have a lot more to offer that will become visible over time". My posts just end up being way too long anyway.

For basic technical skill I wouldn't expect a big change. He's quick, but not super rapid, that won't change much. He can use the attributes he does have to better effect as he settles in, that's what I'm hoping for at least. Would be surprised if he all of a sudden started going past players regularly though. Happy and surprised of course.

I could definitely have put in a qualifier like "based only on what we've seen so far and what I tried to learn about him when we signed him, time will tell, he might have a lot more to offer that will become visible over time". My posts just end up being way too long anyway.

For basic technical skill I wouldn't expect a big change. He's quick, but not super rapid, that won't change much. He can use the attributes he does have to better effect as he settles in, that's what I'm hoping for at least. Would be surprised if he all of a sudden started going past players regularly though. Happy and surprised of course.
There's just no point judging him yet. He's played 3 games, done well in 2 them and ok in the 3rd. Who knows how high his highs will be or how low the lows will be.

There's just no point judging him yet. He's played 3 games, done well in 2 them and ok in the 3rd. Who knows how high his highs will be or how low the lows will be.
That's fine, but I also happen to think it's fair to discuss early impressions. More than willing to change my opinion as we see more of him and he settles in.

I guess it depends what you mean by going past players. If you are thinking of him dribbling his way past two or three opponents, then I would agree. However that is not the only way you go past players as Brazilian icons like Cafu and Dani Alves showed in recent years. Not saying our royal will turn out as good as those two but he does have their running style and physique. Whether he can achieve their skill level is of course a matter of debate but even if he is half as good, he would still be a useful addition to our squad.

I guess it depends what you mean by going past players. If you are thinking of him dribbling his way past two or three opponents, then I would agree. However that is not the only way you go past players as Brazilian icons like Cafu and Dani Alves showed in recent years. Not saying our royal will turn out as good as those two but he does have their running style and physique. Whether he can achieve their skill level is of course a matter of debate but even if he is half as good, he would still be a useful addition to our squad.

Definitely think he will be a useful addition to our squad. I think he fits the current system rather well, that's always helpful.

We may have seen Alves and Cafu a bit differently. Had you said Walker I would have been more inclined to agree.

There definitely is the brute force approach to going past players. Just knock it past the opposition and run past them. He could probably do that a bit against some players.

By regularly I mean with a fairly decent frequency. Not saying that he can't do it at all.

I think he's the better RB between himself and Tangana with Tangana being no slouch in his secondary position.

Odd/disappointing that Doherty was on the bench today ahead of Tanganga (unless the latter had a knock)

Odd/disappointing that Doherty was on the bench today ahead of Tanganga (unless the latter had a knock)
Commentators on my free flowing body of water said he had picked up a knock and that’s why he wasn’t on the bench

He was excellent yesterday. Really looked a player to me. Thought Reggie did well on the other side too. Back 4 looked more than decent to me yesterday. I’d stick with that 4 for a few games and see how they go.
Yes 100% no need to change it or swap, play Sanchez/Rodon/Davies/Doherty in the cup games to get them minutes too

Back