• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Elon Musk buys twitter

I have a feeling if the purchase drags on for months, maybe past the midterms, he'll back out. He doesn't always follow through (e.g cure world hunger, flint water pipes, etc)

Anyway, assuming he doesn't do that his future aim must be monetise Twitter surely? It doesn't make a whole lot of money with the current model but if he floods it with more ads, subscription plans, etc, and then opens up the sewer gates to all the hate fill bigots that are currently not being allowed to post their bile because of the current rules then the clicks will come. It will just turn it into a bigger brickfest and probably cause an exodus off the site, but I doubt he'll be worried. If anyone is buying his free speech line I have a bridge to sell you.

Reactions: DTA
I have a feeling if the purchase drags on for months, maybe past the midterms, he'll back out. He doesn't always follow through (e.g cure world hunger, flint water pipes, etc)

Anyway, assuming he doesn't do that his future aim must be monetise Twitter surely? It doesn't make a whole lot of money with the current model but if he floods it with more ads, subscription plans, etc, and then opens up the sewer gates to all the hate fill bigots that are currently not being allowed to post their bile because of the current rules then the clicks will come. It will just turn it into a bigger brickfest and probably cause an exodus off the site, but I doubt he'll be worried. If anyone is buying his free speech line I have a bridge to sell you.

Don’t use twitter and know very little about it, but you are 100% correct on the last bit.
He'll have a reason, and it's not free speech.

We can all laugh at him and his ilk but they run this world and laugh all the way to the bank.
He won't make much from this purchase. In fact he's probably paid about 4 times what it is worth according to some experts. This is a purchase driven by ideology and ego. If he unchains the trolls/racists/misogynists/etc under the banner of free speech, a laughable excuse, the platform will just die as has other social media platforms where the bigots have free rein to post their bile. The problem with owning the libs is you actually needs libs to own.

He won't make much from this purchase. In fact he's probably paid about 4 times what it is worth according to some experts. This is a purchase driven by ideology and ego. If he unchains the trolls/racists/misogynists/etc under the banner of free speech, a laughable excuse, the platform will just die as has other social media platforms where the bigots have free rein to post their bile. The problem with owning the libs is you actually needs libs to own.

To be honest I couldnt care who owns Twitter, to me it's a vehicle for people with no friends and weirdos, if any on here are users my apologies and condolences. Just an other nail in the coffins of good manners and common sense, roll on amageddon.

Free speech is important though. If you only allow to people to post things you agree with then it’s not free speech. Everyone has their own limit to what they think is acceptable. As long as you draw the line at hate speech and threats which are covered under the law anyway then I really don’t see the problem. It’s not just people on the right who get de-platformed or cancelled, people on the left are affected too. Anyone can unfollow or block people whose views they don’t want to see.

Back