• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Echo of Glory

All of our shots were in comfortable saving range for the keeper. Just needed one in the corner like Origi's. Pools defence made it very hard, Kane didn't get a sniff.

Did the pen cost us? I am not so sure. I think we probably played better because of it. No one will ever know. We shouldn't let the ball bounce around in that first minute, too many nervous players unable to bring the ball down and control things possibly. Pool make it very difficult to play in their half. It was a tatical game and we were well in it until their second.

Gutted for the players mainly. Would have been a massive endorsement of them, Spurs, Poch. But it's still a great season. The City and Ajax games will live long in the memory. I did think at the time we're over doing the Ajax celebrations. Almost like that was our final. It was dramatic, but that focus, passion and finishing was needed on Saturday :) Where Ajax fell apart pool were solid. We haven't had that defensive security from a steady backline for some time and its what seperates pool from us imo.

It was a poor game from both sides but its one we could have won if we were more clinical in our finishing ( seems to be something we have suffered from for a while). We reached the CL final and no one expected that at the begining of the season, of course i/we are gutted to have lost but as the say in the movies " We will be back"

Back