• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dzeko - just f**k off

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Edin Džeko

I suggested Dzeko ages ago and think he would be a good signing. The issue here is wages. Soldado is relatively cheap in terms of wages and will cost very similiar to what Dzeko would cost so in essence Soldado is the cheaper option HOWEVER Dzeko would have resale value whereas Soldado wouldnt have one as high as Dzeko would... so in grand scheme of things they would both cost the same (ofsetting the extra wages of Dzeko with resale value etc).

I would suspect we enquired about Dzeko, we would have been fairly foolish not to especially Man brickys spending spree and Dzeko may well be thinking of leaving as he would be a first choice for a number of clubs but not at bricky.

If you listen to some city fans it seems he isn't the player that tore us apart at WHL week in week out, in fact he can be unbelievably frustrating, have a poor work ethic as well as lacking pace according to some.

I didn't manage to watch a massive amount of football last season so didn't really see him play so can't really comment either way, could be an option, one that hopefully we're looking in to and assessing. No chance they'd loan him to us, why would they? Plenty of other suitors would buy him before they'd lend him out to a rival.

Maybe this is a deliberate leak to put pressure on Valencia? Apparently us and City are chummy at board room level.

Maybe this is a deliberate leak to put pressure on Valencia? Apparently us and City are chummy at board room level.

Could be.

Could also be that Dzeko is for sale and our interest (?) alerts other clubs. So we are helping City.

Or maybe we could actually be in with a chance to sign him.

Or maybe all of the above is ALOB!

I love the transfer window!!

Wishful thinking at best, here. I just finished watching an interview where Jovetic and Pellegrini agree that Jovetic's best position is "behind the striker or on the left side". Selling Dzeko would leave us very short up top, leaving us in a worse position than last season. Besides, I think Pellegrini's system is almost perfect for Dzeko. If Roque Santa Cruz can score relatively regularly under him, maybe we will see the best of Edin again.

I think it's more the press doing what the press do, linking everyone with everyone.

Wishful thinking at best, here. I just finished watching an interview where Jovetic and Pellegrini agree that Jovetic's best position is "behind the striker or on the left side". Selling Dzeko would leave us very short up top, leaving us in a worse position than last season. Besides, I think Pellegrini's system is almost perfect for Dzeko. If Roque Santa Cruz can score relatively regularly under him, maybe we will see the best of Edin again.

You know who'd be really good in that role?

Ade.

How about a straight swap for Dzeko? He'll only want around £200k/week and he really is a lovely, hard-working chap.

http://www.footballtransfertavern.c...ransferTavern+(The+Transfer+Tavern+Home+Page)

The Daily Mirror have Spurs fans on the edge of their seats here in the Football Transfer Tavern as they have noted that the club could well be after Edin Dzeko.

The forward has found himself on the hitlist of manager Andre Villas Boas who is considering making a swoop for the City player after it became clear that the North London club had fallen short of the valuation for Roberto Soldado.

The club are still ‘confident’ of landing the Spanish International but are mindful that a backup option is needed

Dzeko

From Baldini's mate Di Marzio - by far the most accurate source of info over the summer:

Dzeko’s future will be decided in June. Inter is interested, look out for Tottenham

Edzin Dzeko doesn’t want to leave Emirates Marketing Project. At least in January, he will decided where he wants to play in June when he will have one year left on his contract. Inter will try, but Tottenham is also showing interest. The striker earns 4.5 million euro a season. Between Serie A and Premier League, Dzeko is reflecting but he won’t move until the summer, at least this is the indication at the moment.

http://www.gianlucadimarzio.com/cal...e-inter-is-interested-look-out-for-tottenham/

Re: Dzeko

I thought it wasn't in AVB's nature to get a player like this in? He is not an AVB player is he?

Ive believed for quite a while that we will get this guy.. Cant put me finger on why but just seems to fit.

we knew ade would only give us one good season on loan, we should have gone for Dzeko on loan for this season, screw clubs like Emirates Marketing Project for paying stupid money we can clean up by getting them on loans.

we knew ade would only give us one good season on loan, we should have gone for Dzeko on loan for this season, screw clubs like Emirates Marketing Project for paying stupid money we can clean up by getting them on loans.

Dzeko will only have one year left on his contract, so City can't loan him (as he'd be a free agent, so they'd effectively be giving him away),

Dzeko will only have one year left on his contract, so City can't loan him (as he'd be a free agent, so they'd effectively be giving him away),

I meant this season, well last actually, we should never have brought ade off them. We should be more forceful and take only players that have something to prove, someone like Dzeko would have been perfect last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back