• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dulwich Hamlet

milo

Jack L. Jones
It is pretty shocking what is going on here. I have fond memories of going there, they are a good club, with decent support and are doing something different.

Popular London football club Dulwich Hamlet facing closure after being handed huge unexpected rent bill by landlords

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/popular-london-football-club-dulwich-12131731

Dulwich Hamlet ground owners trademark club name and warn against further use

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...k-name-warn-against-further-use-a8242836.html

There’s a tiny part of me that feels they brought it on themselves when they were adopted by hipsters. Reprehensible of the landlords, though.

Do they own the club or something? How can they trademark the name like that? Sounds ridiculous.

There’s a tiny part of me that feels they brought it on themselves when they were adopted by hipsters. Reprehensible of the landlords, though.

I've enjoyed going there as an away fan. They have a decent fanbase and are doing something different. There should be space for everyone through the leagues and Dulwich Hamlet are fun. They also have a good claim of serving the best beer in English football.

No. They own the ground and dumped an unexpected bill for rent arrears on the club last week.
So they trademarked the club name etc last year but gave them a bill for rent arrears last week (probably not expecting them to pay)? Sounds like a stitch up unless I'm missing something obvious

I find it very hard to have sympathy for hipsters.

There are plenty of hipsters following Spurs. We're the Borussia Dortmund of the PL, don't you know.

Any football club being threatened with going under is bricky. Dulwich Hamlet are a decent club, offering something different. My non-league football watching has dropped off since my son was born but it was a good ground to visit. I hope that they are still going when I can get to more games.

There are plenty of hipsters following Spurs. We're the Borussia Dortmund of the PL, don't you know.

Any football club being threatened with going under is bricky. Dulwich Hamlet are a decent club, offering something different. My non-league football watching has dropped off since my son was born but it was a good ground to visit. I hope that they are still going when I can get to more games.
I agree that it's a shame to see any club go under. My impression (please correct me if wrong) is that they encouraged this type of fan - I don't consider that acceptable behaviour for any business.

I agree that it's a shame to see any club go under. My impression (please correct me if wrong) is that they encouraged this type of fan - I don't consider that acceptable behaviour for any business.

Can't wait to sample the catering at the new stadium, Thai street food and some lovely bottled water straight from Antartica, I hope they keep those smelly men with pies and beer in a caged area away from the refined consumers.

Can't wait to sample the catering at the new stadium, Thai street food and some lovely bottled water straight from Antartica, I hope they keep those smelly men with pies and beer in a caged area away from the refined consumers.
Encouraging middle class fans is very different to encouraging hipsters. The most obvious being that hipster traffic will only ever be transient at best.

Back