1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Please read this post: https://www.glory-glory.co.uk/community/threads/fund-raising-for-jeremy-yermiyahu.10542/
    Dismiss Notice

Donny Van de Beek

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by nayenezgani, 29 Aug 2020.

1. Kandi1977

Kandi1977 Les Howe

I'm actually very annoyed that United got him. He's the one player I'd like us to sign.

nelto and nayenezgani like this.
  2. Rorschach

Rorschach Teddy Sheringham

What are you Wittering about?

3. milo

milo Jack L. Jones

Really?

4. SpurSF

SpurSF Stephen Clemence

He seems like a quality player, though don't know a ton about him. But I do wonder where people who want him see him fitting into our squad.

Currently, we're pretty confident that Jose is going to play with Hojbjerg alongside one of Sissoko or Winks in midfield. Then, we've got Kane and Son as guaranteed starters.

That leaves two spots for Lo Celso (almost guaranteed), Dele, Ndbombele, Lucas, Bergwijn, and Lamela for the other two spots. Unless Ndombele is on the way out, I struggle to see how Van De Beek figures in our first XI this season. And though I love the idea of building a deep squad, I just can't see us spending 40 mil to build our squad depth in the attacking midfield/8 spot in our current financial state, as frustrating as it may be. Same goes for Zaniolo (who we were linked with this week).

Of course, if Ndombele goes (which I hope doesn't happen), he'd need to be replaced, which might make more sense for another attacking player who better fits with whatever Jose wants. If that happens, I wonder if we'd come back in for Grealish, who, all of a sudden, doesn't really have another logical suitor in the Top 6. City and Liverpool are clear no's. Chelsea just spent on a bunch of AM's in his spot, and United now has Pogba, Fernandes, and Van De Beek who are going to want to play in that area. He hasn't been linked at all with Arsenal, so I wouldn't be shocked if we reinvested the Ndombele money in him, though I'd rather we just stay pat with the AMs we have and maybe invest in a young holding midfielder and another right back.

5. Bedfordspurs

Bedfordspurs Micky Hazard

Yeah they have actual covenants they have to follow
    They have them in France, Germany and Holland
    They also have rules in Spain but they let “certain institutions” get away with it as a government

6. Bedfordspurs

Bedfordspurs Micky Hazard

Grealish would be great At the right price. Issue is they would want silly money for him which makes it a no

7. Kandi1977

Kandi1977 Les Howe

He's about 10 times better than either Winks and Sissoko, and is suitable to that role. He'd also be perfect in a midfield 3, he can play as a #10, he could play any of the "front 3" positions in a diamond, or CM in a midfield 4. He's very versatile.

nayenezgani likes this.
  8. SpurSF

SpurSF Stephen Clemence

Ah, from what I'd read, he seemed much more like an 8 than a 6. If you think he could play in a double pivot (which Jose seems really likely to use), I just wonder who would keep the shape and have the range in a Hojbjerg/Van De Beek two-man midfield. Just seems like a weird fit to me.

9. Kandi1977

Kandi1977 Les Howe

Both. They'd be perfect together imo.

10. braineclipse

braineclipse David Ginola

Just out of curiosity when have you seen him play that role?

11. K.D.D.D.D.Soc

K.D.D.D.D.Soc Jimmy Neighbour

Will this ever end.................

12. Seedy Ron

Seedy Ron Steve Carr

thfcsteff likes this.
  13. K.D.D.D.D.Soc

Is he a possible target for us? Ole didnt fancy him and Ragandbone man doesnt pick him, loan?

AdamB likes this.
  14. parklane1

parklane1 Terry Dyson

Thought he looked a very good player at Ajax, sadly signing for Utd held him back been there over 18 months with very little game time. I suppoise it would depend on what Utd want for him ( think they paid close to 40 million).

harr1984 likes this.
  15. K.D.D.D.D.Soc

Highly regarded when he was a Ajax and was a 1 in 4 goal scorer with good work rate and passing skills. You know you're getting a good technical player when they've been with Ajax from a kid.

AdamB and parklane1 like this.
  16. parklane1

parklane1 Terry Dyson

Yep, i spent some time at Ajax while i was doing coaching badges and without a doubt they are the best when it comes to teaching the kids.

Rorschach and K.D.D.D.D.Soc like this.
  17. superspurs

superspurs Gerry Armstrong

Seem to recall he scored and run rings around us in the first leg of the semi, we were linked after that and I was quite keen but gonna assume his next move will be back to Holland.

K.D.D.D.D.Soc likes this.
  18. AdamB

AdamB Erik Thorstvedt

If we could flog Dele, then a loan for Van de Beek would suit all parties I'd have thought

19. LemonadeMoney

LemonadeMoney Les Ferdinand

Who nose?

20. LemonadeMoney

LemonadeMoney Les Ferdinand

Was that the final bill?