• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

American politics

They are an oligarchy without Trump's help, "Citizens United" has seen to that. Most American politicians are owned by their donors and legislate accordingly.

It's tipping the scales further in their favour. By controlling power, they can control who gets patronage. By weakening the international institutions, they put more power in the hands of the biggest countries.

It's tipping the scales further in their favour. By controlling power, they can control who gets patronage. By weakening the international institutions, they put more power in the hands of the biggest countries.

He's definitely not going to help the situation, being a billionaire ar5ehole who only cares about himself. But like I said, they have gone the way of oligarchy regardless.

The silver lining of Trump is that he puts an ugly face to the horrible sh1t America has been doing since forever. Hopefully, he wakes people from their slumber and in the longer-term, real change can occur.

He's definitely not going to help the situation, being a billionaire ar5ehole who only cares about himself. But like I said, they have gone the way of oligarchy regardless.

The silver lining of Trump is that he puts an ugly face to the horrible sh1t America has been doing since forever. Hopefully, he wakes people from their slumber and in the longer-term, real change can occur.

I don't believe that he is a billionaire.

I'm not sure they needed a study for that. Add in the electoral college which means some votes count for more than others, add the gerrymandering and it is pretty obvious democracy in the US has been nothing more than a slogan for a very long time.

I agree, and I genuinely think the election of Trump is a symptom of that. (Enough) People took a punt on the gameshow host who seemed to go against the accepted norms, rather than go for Clinton where they knew that she was the "more of the same" candidate. The gamble will backfire somewhat, as Trump doesn't care about the people who voted for him, he cares about himself and his ego. The working poor of America had a sh1t time of it before Trump and he won't change that, he'll likely make some aspects of their life worse. But if the Democrats just serve up another sh1t sandwich candidate, it would not surprise me if Trump got a 2nd term.

And there are those who point out that Trump hasn't gone to war with anyone yet, which is true. He did run as a non-interventionist and the public generally like that. However, he has recently appointed John Bolton as his national security advisor. What do you think John Bolton is advising him to do? If you don't know who John Bolton is, read up on him. This guy has never seen a war he didn't like and has called for the bombing/invasion of pretty much every country mentioned as a potential enemy of America, including North Korea and Iran. Let's wait and see what happens there.

Most of the people in Germany at the the time thought Hitler was a “good leader”.

Factually correct but two are not even worthy of being in the same thread. No noncence business man that shoots straight rather than trying to be a PR dream like Obama. He will have to go a long way to do what Blair and Bush did, as I said before a few silly comments are just that but in the league table of leaders he is nowhere near as dangerous or made the rooster ups of others either side of the water.

Factually correct but two are not even worthy of being in the same thread. No noncence business man that shoots straight rather than trying to be a PR dream like Obama. He will have to go a long way to do what Blair and Bush did, as I said before a few silly comments are just that but in the league table of leaders he is nowhere near as dangerous or made the rooster ups of others either side of the water.

They guy is a very rich tv presenter with a large ego. There are some very manipulative people pulling his strings.
A dangerous scenario as he has lots of power and may well be very easily manipulated.

They guy is a very rich tv presenter with a large ego. There are some very manipulative people pulling his strings.
A dangerous scenario as he has lots of power and may well be very easily manipulated.

Yeh of course but alot of judgements are what ifs not what he has done. I will judge him after his term, so far his Boris JOhnson style is anything but dangerous

I don't believe that he is a billionaire.

How many times has he gone bankrupt?

He is the worse sort of billionaire he did not run a company doing something that made the world a better place, he borrowed money from banks to build big buildings with dodgy deals on the side.

I often say one of the things that would stop a Trump getting in in this country is that he would be banned from running for public office because of his financial history.

This I sort of agree with to a degree, I will reiterate that I hate his sexism, racism and the way he treats the disabled. If the is a problem with the mass movement of people from one area to another he should be raised in a more mature and decent manner.

But Obama seems to get a free ride by some which I have always found odd. Some of the hysterical reaction we are seeing in London is just bandwagon jumping and the old hating Republicans. Sometimes you have to deal with the fact that people you do not like get into elected office, after Brown stole my pension I wanted the guy dead, but that is democracy you get leaders that you might despise but that the country voted for.

I do hate Trump, you know it is his views on the disabled that rankle with me most, maybe because that is the area that will effect me most.

Thankfully, there are no links between Wikileaks and UK politics and this man definitely didn't deliver a USB stick to Julian Assange.

sub-buzz-24908-1489062684-1_0.jpg

Back