• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Doing a Leicester

The question was meant to be around which club would be best placed to be a surprise package now, rather than step on under the right circumstances.
Whoever it is will have to pull a special player out of the bag, be it a youth player, purchase or someone coming from under the radar.
The team would have to have a solid defence, be allowed to play counter attacking football even when they are near the top of the league and have at least one individual who can turn a game and a form striker, with no other distractions and some good fortune to build up the momentum.

Saudi Sportswashing Machine have the coach but would need a lot of investment.
Everton have a pragmatic coach and ‘next best’ resources but not really a squad of players suited for counter attacking football.
Palace have the special player (not the striker though!) and would have to stop conceding late goals (winning mentality?!)
Burnley seem to be universally liked and would be my pick due the settled nature of their style due to the managers longevity, excellent defence and two good keepers. They probably need a lock picker and tend to share the goals so one of the strikers would need to step up but if they end up in Europe the opportunity will diminish instantly.

Didn't Leicester have an injection of cash though? Or was it just the luck of picking up Kante, Mahrez and Vardy?
It was mainly the once in a hundred years fluke of most of their first team having a ridiculous streak of performance all at once. Levels which none of them have even come close to since.

That and getting every single refereeing decision for an entire season. Had their defence been refereed the way top 4 defences are, they'd have been relegated.

Last edited:
Burnley or Newcash with investment. I would say if Burnley invested 50-70 million in a few key players, they have a top manager who could do it. Newcash have The Waiter, who
I have to say has absolutely shown his worth and then some with some pretty amazing work up there.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

I think the closest we'd get is a side sneaking in to the Europa League places (even that seem highly unlikely really) and i reckon any of Burnley Saudi Sportswashing Machine or Leicester are most likely to do that

Burnley or Newcash with investment. I would say if Burnley invested 50-70 million in a few key players, they have a top manager who could do it. Newcash have The Waiter, who
I have to say has absolutely shown his worth and then some with some pretty amazing work up there.

Great praise for Rafa there, what’s your opinion on Chris Hughton? Imagine what he could have done with the Prem side Rafa took down and the comparative investment Rafa has had?

this thread annoys me because we missed our chance to win the league in that small window and with moneybag clubs like the manchesters not going away, we may not get that chance again for another generation.

amazing work? they have only just recovered to an about par level for Saudi Sportswashing Machine, probably the only team they are outperforming compared to expectation is West Ham.

A plumber and his apprentice came to my house recently - they got talking to my son about his Dele Alli top.
Obvs the apprentice was a Gooner but doesn't really follow with much passion any more, since they went crap. Shock!

So I asked the plumber what team he supports and he said Saudi Sportswashing Machine.
I said "oh dear, ah well" because I'm thinking they are absolutely awful.
He says "Huh, what do you mean, why do you say that" because he is thinking they are a good team doing well.
Perspective. They are brick. I remained civil and agreed they are fine, because I wanted him to fix my plumbing.

amazing work? they have only just recovered to an about par level for Saudi Sportswashing Machine, probably the only team they are outperforming compared to expectation is West Ham.

They've spent bugger all on the team. I agree with @thfcsteff, most other managers would have got them relegated. I was wondering the other week what Arsenal's season would have been like if they were managed by Benitez.

They've spent bugger all on the team. I agree with @thfcsteff, most other managers would have got them relegated. I was wondering the other week what Arsenal's season would have been like if they were managed by Benitez.

I hated The Waiter for years. But his loyalty to Newcash, and work despite minimal tools, is for me among his finest achievements.

Back