• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Does anyone suffer from mental illness on here?

I could fall into a depression on saturday evening.

I did kick a womans car in car park, she had parked across two spaces so sort of deserved it but am wondering if my mood system is going off kilter which is why I do not think I will post in the general election thread.
Next time that happens park your passenger door a half inch from her driver's door.

Take your time in the shop.

Next time that happens park your passenger door a half inch from her driver's door.

Take your time in the shop.
But then you would also be parked on two spaces. The solution, clearly, is to defecate forcefully into your own hands and smear your produce over the entire car, then fornicate with the exhaust

Happy Friday dudes. Remember if you're feeling a bit bricky, message on here.

I'll need you on Sunday after 12 hours of drinking and....so see you Sunday.
X
Gin Gin Gin... a couple of posts above you said alcohol was the root of some of your problems... then you are very upset about Ehiogu and saying you will get hammered on Saturday... just take a step back and eat cheese instead. Huge wheels of Edam to celebrate our Dutch players

Gin Gin Gin... a couple of posts above you said alcohol was the root of some of your problems... then you are very upset about Ehiogu and saying you will get hammered on Saturday... just take a step back and eat cheese instead. Huge wheels of Edam to celebrate our Dutch players
Best advice I've ever had. I like cheese. Cheers brethren. Quite down tonight. Mrs is away, but tomorrow is another day. X

But then you would also be parked on two spaces. The solution, clearly, is to defecate forcefully into your own hands and smear your produce over the entire car, then fornicate with the exhaust
But then your unbricked car parked next to it would look alarmingly suspicious.

The only real answer is to allow your dirty protest to spread to both vehicles, hiding your guilt behind a poo camouflage.

Sent from my SM-G925F using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Best advice I've ever had. I like cheese. Cheers brethren. Quite down tonight. Mrs is away, but tomorrow is another day. X
I had cheese on toast for breakfast.

A 'tres quesos' sandwich for lunch.

And a cheese-laden "salad" for tea.

And have been gnawing a manchego cheese just now, with

I have just read this thread from start to finish and the support on here is incredible. I am a bit of a lurker, I post occasionally but I've visited most days for the last 5 or 6 years.

I too suffer with depression and anxiety, thankfully I have never wanted to harm myself in any way, however I do go through highs and lows - and the lows are just horrible. I have spent a lot of time on CBT (which helped give me tools to help myself) and with a private counsellor (which helped me understand how the mind works and gave me an insight into myself). My depression has nearly cost me my marriage on more than one occasion - my feeling of low self worth forces me to hit a kind of personal self destruct button. Luckily my wife recognises the triggers now and is able to help me before it gets that bad. I often don't realise myself, and by the time I do, I don't care.

Its a constant battle. Depression is always there. At first I hated it.....then I came to realise that it is part of me and I now accept it. It is what makes me who I am, both the good and the bad. I am now very self aware, if I feel myself "falling" I do my best to go for a run /ride /swim, or speak to my wife or others in my support network. One of biggest triggers is work, I work for myself. If work is slow, within about 15 seconds I can convince myself that in 2 weeks I'll be homeless! Totally irrational I know, but at that moment in time completely possible.

Like a lot of the posters on here exercise helps me. I use it as therapy and in the last couple of years I have completed several Triathlons, including a half-iron distance and a half marathon. As an athlete I am rubbish, but for me it is a case of me completing an event, pushing back against the negativity in my mind telling me I cannot do it and proving I can. When I decided to give Triathlon a go, I couldn't swim - that felt like a massive achievement in itself.

Talking about it helps.....and thanks for taking the time to read my musings.

To those of you one here that are suffering.....you are not alone, and there are lots of us that understand and would be willing to listen. Sometimes that is all you need, someone to listen and someone that understands.

I have just read this thread from start to finish and the support on here is incredible. I am a bit of a lurker, I post occasionally but I've visited most days for the last 5 or 6 years.

I too suffer with depression and anxiety, thankfully I have never wanted to harm myself in any way, however I do go through highs and lows - and the lows are just horrible. I have spent a lot of time on CBT (which helped give me tools to help myself) and with a private counsellor (which helped me understand how the mind works and gave me an insight into myself). My depression has nearly cost me my marriage on more than one occasion - my feeling of low self worth forces me to hit a kind of personal self destruct button. Luckily my wife recognises the triggers now and is able to help me before it gets that bad. I often don't realise myself, and by the time I do, I don't care.

Its a constant battle. Depression is always there. At first I hated it.....then I came to realise that it is part of me and I now accept it. It is what makes me who I am, both the good and the bad. I am now very self aware, if I feel myself "falling" I do my best to go for a run /ride /swim, or speak to my wife or others in my support network. One of biggest triggers is work, I work for myself. If work is slow, within about 15 seconds I can convince myself that in 2 weeks I'll be homeless! Totally irrational I know, but at that moment in time completely possible.

Like a lot of the posters on here exercise helps me. I use it as therapy and in the last couple of years I have completed several Triathlons, including a half-iron distance and a half marathon. As an athlete I am rubbish, but for me it is a case of me completing an event, pushing back against the negativity in my mind telling me I cannot do it and proving I can. When I decided to give Triathlon a go, I couldn't swim - that felt like a massive achievement in itself.

Talking about it helps.....and thanks for taking the time to read my musings.

To those of you one here that are suffering.....you are not alone, and there are lots of us that understand and would be willing to listen. Sometimes that is all you need, someone to listen and someone that understands.

Keep rolling my friend. Sounds like you are doing all the right things and getting all the right results. Steff

I heard a song on 6 Music by Conor Oberst called A Little Uncanny this morning, and the lyrics toward the end made me think of this thread.

The last part is:

Every morning's a desert
Every night is a flood
They say a party can kill you
Well sometimes I wish it would

But I'll get strong enough, I'll be man enough
To keep myself in check
'Cause all my friends that flew to town
Said that's what they expect

But it's a, it's a little uncanny
What they managed to do
Made me admit to things I knew were never true

--

Some of those words just pricked my ears, and I don't know if someone might find a little solace, or maybe some recognition in them.

Hope you're all well.

I started drinking again. Really annoyed with myself. I'd been going back to AA and getting myself sorted. Lasted just over a week this time round. Off to Cavtat tomorrow in Croatia, booked a little solo trip in a lovely place, has a gym, spa etc and by the water. I think I just need to get out of this London bubble for a bit. AA really works, but I'm an idiot for not going regularly.

I've also got a consultation booked in with a psychoanalyst on the 11th. Really glad to have this thread, and thank you for listening. There is a lot of shame and self-loathing that comes with addiction, but to be able to voice current status without judgement is a truly wonderful thing. Thank you, you wonderful bastards x

Also, started playing music again and that's really helped. Not enough to quell my urges right now but it's a positive step. I've started hosting an open-mic at the Royal Standard in Blackheath, if any muso's on here want to come down let me know. When I get back from Croatia I'm going to go full-steam ahead with gigging more again. I lost my love for music for a little while, but it's coming back.

Hope you are all well and fighting the good fight.

I started drinking again. Really annoyed with myself. I'd been going back to AA and getting myself sorted. Lasted just over a week this time round. Off to Cavtat tomorrow in Croatia, booked a little solo trip in a lovely place, has a gym, spa etc and by the water. I think I just need to get out of this London bubble for a bit. AA really works, but I'm an idiot for not going regularly.

I've also got a consultation booked in with a psychoanalyst on the 11th. Really glad to have this thread, and thank you for listening. There is a lot of shame and self-loathing that comes with addiction, but to be able to voice current status without judgement is a truly wonderful thing. Thank you, you wonderful bastards x

Best of luck mate and stay strong.

Also, started playing music again and that's really helped. Not enough to quell my urges right now but it's a positive step. I've started hosting an open-mic at the Royal Standard in Blackheath, if any muso's on here want to come down let me know. When I get back from Croatia I'm going to go full-steam ahead with gigging more again. I lost my love for music for a little while, but it's coming back.

Hope you are all well and fighting the good fight.
What kind of music do you play mate?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Back