• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Does anyone suffer from mental illness on here?

Other than thinking "great news" that you're out, my main thought was that you have a story to tell which could be of enormous public service. Would you ever consider writing a larger piece for, say, The Guardian? The Big Issue? I hope you are keeping a regular diary too, as again, it feels to me like writing it out is a positive and therapeutic thing PLUS you can write! If you're not keeping a diary, perhaps consider it; could be a great daily axis point too.
Be well...
@scaramanga would definitely say my spelling is bad enough ;)

My worry is about slagging off the people who work there in honesty, I wouldn’t want to conceal that nor make any profit; if it helps to share then great but I wouldn’t say I’m writing at journalistic levels just yet!

I’ve found music really helpful as meaning can be retrieved in the lingering words but perhaps it shouldn’t be in a slightly ego centric personal language..Diaries shouldn’t seem silly to me, I know that, I have my notes (iPhone list maker thingy) pretty well coordinated now and have a jot pad for musings

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Just to say a massive thanks on here again...

It has helped enormously and it is a familial feeling I have from knowing such an endearingly quirky group of characters we have on here having my back. Some could say I’ve overshared on here but I’m open and honest now at the end of the day.

The fresh perspective in responses has helped big time. But further to that it’s the lack of judgement so in turn I’d want to welcome anyone who is finding it tough due to absolutely any reason to feel able to use here as a sounding board. I’m doing that instead of trawling online rumours or getting in to online fisty cuffs for no good reason.

@theperverts in here - Not heard anything from the cleaner as of yet but had to pass my number via a terrific bloke of Jamaican descent, one of the few good people staff wise that keep the place together, with their grace and all round good vibes.

Hopefully you'll be happy to know that I have been released early (not naming names of who mightn't be :D). Having focussed on tips and tricks in terms of not getting carried away with my emotions it wasn't a fist pump goal celebration kind of feeling when I found out. Patients and staff alike had said I didn't belong there and I wasn't sure myself but was a different monster on the way in, don't think I'd ever been so mentally fatigued before.

It's been an eye opener. Sadly I mean in terms of the boring horrible people out there that are will-fully ignorant to the joy of life, some of these people come in to work to take out their tepid numbness out on severely troubled people. Made some great friends, for life I hope, one during a rough episode was banging his head on near enough anything and one member of staff's response was to say "bang it harder". It made it hard to focus on my own "recovery" when seeing such scandalous behaviour. It has a huge effect on my will to life when confronted with such hideous people and assault was commonplace (not once I got settled and was able to intervene with the required conviction that staff lacked).

The hospital simply wasn't adequately prepared and was a mishmash of all kinds of conditions and everyone having no responsibility + a courtyard only used for 5 ten minute smoke breaks a day rather than possibly encouraging exercise. Can't remember what I put on here but upon entrance of the facility my foot was pretty messed up as I kicked a bin (yep I'm massive d!ckhead before someone beats me to it!) and polite requests for ibruefen or at least something anti inflammatory were ignored so I chose to sit and down and cry in front of the office door until my request was met. That was the welcome and getting a toothbrush, toothpaste, towel and shower gel was also an uphill battle and I was an absolute state when I arrived, especially after breaking out of the first hospital once on a little runaway trip in search of hygiene to no avail.

There are plenty of good people working in mental health I'm sure but fudge me there are some wrong'uns too.

Feel blessed to have got out for new years but swung by back to the ward to visit some friends for a window visit on new years eve. Unfortunately I've not walked back in to an ideal situation family wise but as this hasn't been resolved and as such I've not been able to process it, seems inappropriate to share it. Main thing is I've a roof over my head and food in my belly and it's on to the next part of the journey I guess. I hate having to state it but my improved state of mind is almost despite the Acute ward rather than because of it, sending no shots at the NHS whatsoever, but more at the sad, depressingly boring neuro-typical twisted fudges that treat a day as an opportunity to belittle people or withhold information that is important to patients, such as a care plan....This hasn't been fun to write but it's honest.

I'm in need of a regular job / career to supplement the more creative side of things and looking at moving in to the sector of care. Had a home visit today though, which was all about positive momentum and they were happy enough to discharge me to phone based therapy from here on in. As I say, it's all just another step forward in the journey we call life and like everyone, each day you make a decision as to whether you get up and face the potential challenge of reaching your potential. Found that a bit too intimidating before but now I feel ready to make sure I'll never end up in that kind of place again unless I've got an NHS badge on ready to truly help people who need it the most.

It's helped having you guys hearing me out as it's a family I sometimes forget I'm part of. Suppose I should start waffling on and get my mind on the footba-- Oh no, intense anxiety incoming, fudge this sport, club and you lot. I'ma go watch darts, or snooker, or some other fat white dude sport as it seems way less stressful ;););););)

Happy new years to one and all, hope it's way better than the last, and hope I won't have to post as much in here unless it's messages of support!!!! :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

Glad to hear things are getting better mate, if the way it's managed is that bad and staff are saying hit yourself harder then you should really try and have a word with the right people and make sure it's known as I'm sure it's happened to other people as well. It's important for these things to be raised.

Just to say a massive thanks on here again...

It has helped enormously and it is a familial feeling I have from knowing such an endearingly quirky group of characters we have on here having my back. Some could say I’ve overshared on here but I’m open and honest now at the end of the day.

The fresh perspective in responses has helped big time. But further to that it’s the lack of judgement so in turn I’d want to welcome anyone who is finding it tough due to absolutely any reason to feel able to use here as a sounding board. I’m doing that instead of trawling online rumours or getting in to online fisty cuffs for no good reason.

Really pleased to hear you’re feeling better, buddy. Enjoyed the tunes too!

Think I might be in an episode here. My physical symptoms are less then a year ago which considering the brick i put my body through in January in China it should be.

One of the side effects is compulsive and addictive behaviours. It is why im not allowed to make big purchases.

She is as mad as hell with me right now. Used her card to buy £300 worth of noodles and £200 worth of noodle bowls online. Absolutely livid with me.

Pretty sure we can return the bowls.

Think I might be in an episode here. My physical symptoms are less then a year ago which considering the brick i put my body through in January in China it should be.

One of the side effects is compulsive and addictive behaviours. It is why im not allowed to make big purchases.

She is as mad as hell with me right now. Used her card to buy £300 worth of noodles and £200 worth of noodle bowls online. Absolutely livid with me.

You might be able/willing to donate some noodles to a local food bank

I have a friend who buys bowls as therapy. Seriously. He has 100s. Anyway hope you are ok mate

Pretty shocking stat in this article, 7% of UK kids have attempted suicide, a figure which is predicted to rise due to Covid;

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2021/feb/21/uk-17-year-olds-mental-health-crisis
That’s shocking
I mentioned it my missus just now and she literally spat her breakfast out
Her other comment (someone who has 2 science based degrees and leads the mental health team locally) is that the numbers may reflect the changing demographic from that time
They have seen a steady increase in the early intervention team of people from African nations and the Central European regions who have moved here and are now predominately suffering from issues around psychosis
No idea why though...

We just had a further chat about it
My wife’s comments again
The rise of social media and reality tv have a huge impact on younger people and their expectations and aspirations
I can’t agree more
I despise reality TV and the instgram models
Personally I like social media for social information which can be helpful but it’s rarely about that now

Anyone here take Setraline?
I started it 10 Dec - decided to try my first beer at the weekend (3.8% so not strong) since starting it.
Absolutely wiped me out! Felt jittery until early this evening!

Just wondering if anyone has been through the journey and if their body had an adjustment period?

I started it 10 Dec - decided to try my first beer at the weekend (3.8% so not strong) since starting it.

Just wondering if anyone has been through the journey and if their body had an adjustment period?
Spoke to the missus
Don’t touch alcohol with it

Spoke to the missus
Don’t touch alcohol with it
That's what's annoying - very conflicting advice. NHS website and my GP said moderate drinking is ok.
Every friend I know that takes it also drinks.
However the US medical advice is don't mix it with alcohol.

That's what's annoying - very conflicting advice. NHS website and my GP said moderate drinking is ok.
Every friend I know that takes it also drinks.
However the US medical advice is don't mix it with alcohol.
She does don’t have any booze with anti depressants
That’s the advice her drs give out
She literally just checked it out on the system and the system doesn’t warn against it though (she is working late tonight)

I've got no knowledge of that drug or similar, but if I hadn't had a drink since 10 Dec, I'm pretty sure my first beer after two and a half months would hit me more than normal?

Back