• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Does anyone suffer from mental illness on here?

Woke up struggling today, feel really tense in my stomach

We find out during the week which jobs the affected people can apply for and this is worrying me today

I hardly moved off the couch yesterday and feel like I need to get out and go for a walk today clear my head a bit
Do it. Even in the p.issing rain mate.

Uncertainty, unresolved issues will always knot the stomach up, especially ones you ultimately don't have control of.

From what you've said previously, it's not that bad, it's just potential change, that could equally end up putting you in a better place than you are now.

Change is normal a good thing! We all need to switch things up from time time. We fear change, it unsettles us, but we come out of it enlivened. So @markysimmo it will work out for the good, and force you to make positive change. @monkeybarry you done amazing dealing with everything for past 5 years. First things first: give yourself some credit for hanging in there and now getting a plan to refresh in place. Whether travel or a move to your own digs, don’t worry, you’re doing the right thing [emoji123]

Brain chemicles affect us all, determining our mood. Just remember it’s just neurons and chemicals in your roof top!

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Change is normal a good thing! We all need to switch things up from time time. We fear change, it unsettles us, but we come out of it enlivened. So @markysimmo it will work out for the good, and force you to make positive change. @monkeybarry you done amazing dealing with everything for past 5 years. First things first: give yourself some credit for hanging in there and now getting a plan to refresh in place. Whether travel or a move to your own digs, don’t worry, you’re doing the right thing [emoji123]

Brain chemicles affect us all, determining our mood. Just remember it’s just neurons and chemicals in your roof top!

Cheers mate.
Decided a move on my own isn't realistic, so looking at other Houseshares. But taking my time.
Also starting Setraline today.
Fingers crossed.

@markysimmo - thoughts are with you dude

Cheers mate.
Decided a move on my own isn't realistic, so looking at other Houseshares. But taking my time.
Also starting Setraline today.
Fingers crossed.

@markysimmo - thoughts are with you dude

Nice one. What is up with the UK housing market? Whenever it slips a little the government is right in there to prop it back up. Rents are apparently down in London with people moving away. But it's not by much.

If I was footloose I'd fly away somewhere now. Buck the trend, go to somewhere beautiful while most people are not traveling. Ideally, do it with a job (or studies) where you can work remotely. There are still some flights. Who would know if you were working from a Vietnamese beach hut?

Nice one. What is up with the UK housing market? Whenever it slips a little the government is right in there to prop it back up. Rents are apparently down in London with people moving away. But it's not by much.

If I was footloose I'd fly away somewhere now. Buck the trend, go to somewhere beautiful while most people are not traveling. Ideally, do it with a job (or studies) where you can work remotely. There are still some flights. Who would know if you were working from a Vietnamese beach hut?

I work in the civil service and am in charge of data protection compliance:D

Bottom line is, no matter which way I cut it, the situation here needs fixing. It won't go away, even if I do. I might remove temporarily from the situation.
But most countries require quarantine upon arrival. o_O

Woke up struggling today, feel really tense in my stomach

We find out during the week which jobs the affected people can apply for and this is worrying me today

I hardly moved off the couch yesterday and feel like I need to get out and go for a walk today clear my head a bit

Well had my first consultation meeting and it was pretty positive for me
My role I do now has been created in one of the 2 new entities and it's the one I want to work for
We gave a lot of feedback the past few weeks of new projects we wanted to do in this said entity and they have been built into the role too
Out of 51 people affected my current role's title is the only one staying the same and I would doubt there will be many people at all applying for it
So I'm feeling a lot happier about my future now

Hey gang, still alive but quite possibly in the care of a psychiatric ward, who’d have saw that one coming? So have we won a trophy yet or what then....

In a safe and relatively supportive environment figuring things out. Hope everyone is having a blessed Christmas, must have been tough on here without my usual stellar input. I’m surprised the place is even still going to be fair, must have been boring as f@ck.

What I will say, having been in the facility for over a week, is that there’s no advice offered re mental health or support on how to get on in the real world. Currently one solitary pill in the evening but it’s free food and a roof over my head so can’t complain. Seems like things are fudged as ever outside anyways ‍♂️

The main learning source is the other patients, trying to take on as much as I can

Hey gang, still alive but quite possibly in the care of a psychiatric ward, who’d have saw that one coming? So have we won a trophy yet or what then....

In a safe and relatively supportive environment figuring things out. Hope everyone is having a blessed Christmas, must have been tough on here without my usual stellar input. I’m surprised the place is even still going to be fair, must have been boring as f@ck.

What I will say, having been in the facility for over a week, is that there’s no advice offered re mental health or support on how to get on in the real world. Currently one solitary pill in the evening but it’s free food and a roof over my head so can’t complain. Seems like things are fudged as ever outside anyways ‍♂️

The main learning source is the other patients, trying to take on as much as I can

Glad you’re safe mate. Most important thing.

Not the most fun of places to be? Or good to have some stability? Sure you’ll come through. Need a plan to move forwards. Warmest wishes dude.

Take care - and take your time. There is no rush to feel better. That will come in it’s own time.

And yes, a trophy is coming. :D

Happy Christmas if you're still awake. Hope you wake up feeling positive and ready to hit the new year running in terms of being in the right frame of mind. Jose or Santa are definitely bringing us all a trophy for Xmas.

My father-in-law died tonight.

He’s been unwell but it’s still a shock. I feel guilty as I hadn’t seen him since June because of Covid. We spoke a few weeks ago. We got on well.

It’s difficult as me and my wife are in the middle of a divorce whilst still living in the same house. We’re trying to keep it amicable and I want to be supportive. I feel so sad for her.

He’s been unwell but it’s still a shock. I feel guilty as I hadn’t seen him since June because of Covid. We spoke a few weeks ago. We got on well.

It’s difficult as me and my wife are in the middle of a divorce whilst still living in the same house. We’re trying to keep it amicable and I want to be supportive. I feel so sad for her.
I'm sorry for your loss. Things like this are tough enough in the best of times, and this is not the best of times. Do reach out if you need any support.

All the best to you, mate.

Sending you my best pal. If this place helps then keep coming here and posting

Be kind to yourself mate. Sending my very best and I echo what others have said...keep visiting us.

Thanks for sharing mate. Feel free to DM if you need to chat. We got you.

Sorry for your loss mate, stay strong and useful for those around you and it will help you deal with the situation immeasurably.

Back