• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Does anyone suffer from mental illness on here?

My Mrs is being nasty to me this week
Constantly digging me out for everything I do, not helping us being in the same flat 24/7

Hopefully can go back in the office next week to split up the weeks of not being in each others pockets
Work is hectic for me and as we have offices all around the world I'm working long hours from very early morning until 7/8pm and then answering emails until later sometimes

This is an issue for her, she doesn't moan when I get paid every month and the big bonuses I get which pay for all the nice things we do as a family
I said I'll jack it in and go and work in McDonalds and see how she likes it then
Which way do you feel about it?

She has apologised to me this afternoon
It's not easy, we've been in each others pockets for pretty much 9 months so not surprised we're a bit tetchy
You're not alone in this situation. This isolation thing is taking its toll. On top of that I lost my job, and getting more and more edgy and depressed. But recently I've pulled myself together and tried to think more positive. It has helped, and things are looking better. It's not easy, but eventually this Covid thing will be over, and things will pick up again. Hang in there buddy!

first of all, first time i've come across this thread and glad to see it, so important to be open on things (even with strangers on the internet), it really can support your mental health.

I've just found out a friend of mine having issues and has started to cut himself, has had some suicidal thoughts but said he wouldn't act on them. Now trying to figure out what i can do (apart from just listening) to help

first of all, first time i've come across this thread and glad to see it, so important to be open on things (even with strangers on the internet), it really can support your mental health.

I've just found out a friend of mine having issues and has started to cut himself, has had some suicidal thoughts but said he wouldn't act on them. Now trying to figure out what i can do (apart from just listening) to help

That's tough to deal with. It is good that he has someone like you to speak to - but it can be hard being on the listening end sometimes.
Will he speak to someone professional about it do you think?
You can give him some contact details, such as the CALM helpline, which I think is quite focused towards men - at least even if he doesn't feel ready to do that just yet, he will have some contact numbers at hand should he decide he wants to.
I just had a quick look at their website and there's also a page with advice if you are worried about someone who might be feeling suicidal, as well as contacts for a number of organisations.
https://www.thecalmzone.net/help/worried-about-someone/

Decided to move towards Herts to be back near my family.
It's going to stretch the fudge out of my budget but at least I'll get to live alone.
Seems unlikely offices will start going back until after next summer. Literally won't be able to save anything after commute costs when they do.
But one step at a time eh.
Current place is destroying me, physically and mentally.

Decided to move towards Herts to be back near my family.
It's going to stretch the fudge out of my budget but at least I'll get to live alone.
Seems unlikely offices will start going back until after next summer. non-figuratively won't be able to save anything after commute costs when they do.
But one step at a time eh.
Current place is destroying me, physically and mentally.

There must be relief in making a firm decision. Well done mate.

There must be relief in making a firm decision. Well done mate.
It's a very small step right now and I'm acutely aware that I could fall very easily.
I'm viewing two places this week and hopefully one of them works out.
Then I have to hope it won't take too long to get someone to take over my contract on my current room - I'll be paying 700/800 quid for it until I do.
One very small step at a time.

It's a very small step right now and I'm acutely aware that I could fall very easily.
I'm viewing two places this week and hopefully one of them works out.
Then I have to hope it won't take too long to get someone to take over my contract on my current room - I'll be paying 700/800 quid for it until I do.
One very small step at a time.
And just to make it more complicated, I now have COVID!
So the choice is my mental health Vs breaking the fudging law.

And just to make it more complicated, I now have COVID!
So the choice is my mental health Vs breaking the fudging law.

Bloody hell, that's tough luck mate. :( Hope everything turns out well for you, even if it takes a bit more time due to quaranteene. Is it possible to postpone the viewings?

Bloody hell, that's tough luck mate. :( Hope everything turns out well for you, even if it takes a bit more time due to quaranteene. Is it possible to postpone the viewings?
Thanks.
Being in my current place is affecting my physical and mental health badly.
I think my only choice is to keep the viewing on the place I'm most interested in and stick with that.
Keep myself away from people en route.

Guess that's where we are - least best choices.
Off to get another covid test this afternoon - had two in the last week, one negative, one positive. So best to check.
fudge this.

This place really does help.
I've really learned how to reach out recently. It's usually me on the helping end.

Thanks.
I think my only choice is to keep the viewing on the place I'm most interested in and stick with that.

Off to get another covid test this afternoon - had two in the last week, one negative, one positive. So best to check.
fudge this.

I've really learned how to reach out recently. It's usually me on the helping end.

You are taking action to get yourself into a better place, which is a great start. Hopefully Covid is just a bump in the road for you and you'll be able to move on in a new place as soon as possible.

From my experience a change of environment can be enough to basically turn everything around - it has certainly been a cayalyst for me whenever I've been struggling with my inner demons.

So put on that face mask and good luck with the viewing!

Glad to hear you get something positive out of what must be the most heartfelt thread on this forum.

Talking does help. I have a support group and was not keen to go 3 years ago when I started. But the wife said it was a deal breaker and I'm kind of glad it was.
Getting into group talking therapy was exactly what I wanted at the start of the year but covid fudged it.
It's still high on my needs.
Really glad it works for you mate. :)
I'm going to get on meds too. It's time to recognise I've tried for five years to do this without, and I can't.

Getting into group talking therapy was exactly what I wanted at the start of the year but covid fudged it.
I'm going to get on meds too. It's time to recognise I've tried for five years to do this without, and I can't.

At least you know what you need to do. Was not keen on talking about my issues in front of a room full of strangers when I first went but it is amazing how supportive everyone is. My group we all have the same condition, some of them I will be friends with till the end.

The is a WhatsApp group and I was chatting with one guy 3am Sunday morning. No matter what the time or day the is someone their for you.

Thanks.

fudge this.

At the risk of being "that" guy who dispenses advice on the internet, I will be "that guy dispensing advice on the internet"!!!!!

I think with regards to the first sentence, it is very, very important you start to frame your emotions and feelings towards the place you're in. Box it up and divide the space. One part is past-tense, you've lived there. Middle part is present-tense, you're there through circumstance and necessity right now (Covid and what-not). Most importantly, the future-tense is short and sweet; you WILL move. You ARE taking charge. It WILL happen. You simply need to trust yourself and give yourself a break on that front all at once. Keep it short and sweet whenever contemplating that situation. I only know you from these posts, but it strikes me you have both identified your issues and have a clear plan to execute them. That is to be celebrated!!!!! Good stuff!!!! I feel sure you will be fine health-wise (if only because your luck can't be that bad) so in a matter of weeks, you will be in motion again. Celebrate your commitment to a self-care plan, discharge the past-stew of memories in your current place because they are past.

We had a bizarre situation at the end of January. We made the decision to put our money into retirement funds and not struggle to buy a house here in the SF Bay Area, where the prices are absurd. We have agreed to move when my daughter is in college to a cheaper state, and have our eyes on things. Our rent was exceptional and we'd been there 12 years, so were shocked to be told the landlord was moving his daughter in. He gave us 6 months but I am not one to sit; we went into overdrive. The panic was insane. I found a place in a beautiful coastal spot, small town, bump in rent but utilities included plus an old friend owned the property. A little smaller than our previous, but it's a good and lucky find. I spent one month filling three large skips full of accumulated brick, and it was genuinely therapeutic. I realized that the place we were in was in such a state of "stasis" that our relationship had suffered. So out we got, in here we went and within two weeks of moving in, Covid and lockdown...it felt like the biggest bolt of luck to come from an unnerving and bricky moment that one could possibly have. I am still bamboozled by it TBH. I won't go into other things in our family life which compounded everything, but let's just say between physical assaults on family members, car crashes (not our fault) and things such as menopause, it was not an easy year. Yet we survived, made it through and here we are. Saved some money, living in a beautiful spot with incredible coastal scenery on one side and mountain walks on the other. I look back at what happened in February and realize it was absolutely the best thing which could've happened to us.

So again, celebrate your commitment to the plan you have, trust yourself and work in small steps until your living situation has changed. You're taking charge of the mental side and that is great.

You are taking action to get yourself into a better place, which is a great start. Hopefully Covid is just a bump in the road for you and you'll be able to move on in a new place as soon as possible.

From my experience a change of environment can be enough to basically turn everything around - it has certainly been a cayalyst for me whenever I've been struggling with my inner demons.

So put on that face mask and good luck with the viewing!

Glad to hear you get something positive out of what must be the most heartfelt thread on this forum.

Just read this and yes, I agree with every word mate.

I think you'll notice a huge difference by changing house. Amazing how much bricks and mortar can affect your mental wellbeing. Especially if it involves sharing said house with others. You've had a tough 2020 from memory with the GF leaving London etc. Stick with it, see if the new house makes things better then enjoy Xmas (once you are all clear from the Vid-19) then focus on an improved 2021. By the way if you want a laugh the Kevin Hart (zero fcuks given) on Netflix is pretty funny in the way he talks about his own brush with Covid. One other thing, careful with the meds. It's no exaggeration to say that they can become far too much of a reliance. I don't know the details of which ones you're referring to but I genuinely believe simple things like regular exercise, healthy diet and sleep can do just as good if not better job than some of the crap doctors dish out these days. Good luck mate.

Woke up struggling today, feel really tense in my stomach

We find out during the week which jobs the affected people can apply for and this is worrying me today

I hardly moved off the couch yesterday and feel like I need to get out and go for a walk today clear my head a bit

Back