• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Does anyone suffer from mental illness on here?

@monkeybarry and @spurspinter1 - thanks for sharing, guys. I wish I had some good advice or something, but a lot of the other peeps on here have already said a lot of good stuff. Just wanted to write that I think it's good you vent and write your brick down in here - it's quite humanizing in a weird way to read about other people's problems - and it's all very relatable. Stay strong, both of you, you never know what's around the corner. Hopefully we'll see a vaccine soon (last I heard was December, sounds too good to be true, but from a good source - major Swedish pharmacy company) - and things can loosen up, and lives will be more normal. Just stay in there!

What a horrible few 6/7 weeks culminating in a few really bad mental health days.
Depression really is horrible. I'd forgotten how painful uncontrollable crying is.

Had to experience all of my main triggers the past few weeks - moving house, moving without any warning or time to plan, the cold (new housemates think 17/18c is normal - wtf?!), meeting new people, new housemates are quite loud (some people really just don't understand how grating their volume is), loss of a partner (gf has decided to move back to Australia due to COVID).

This is going to be a long winter.
Can't even watch spurs in the pub.

Steff is right, Baz - sometimes you just have to give yourself permission to feel down. Get as much rest as you can and don’t put any time limits on feeling better. It will come.

And no way are you told old to work or live abroad. I’m 50 and I haven’t ruled it out yet. I did up sticks at 41 and made a big move within the U.K. for me and my family - so you’ve got loads of time. You’re only a baby!

Take care, buddy.

Every word you post is always gold Steff but this in particular is such a monumental piece of guidance!!!!

I splashed out on some Dre beats (knowing they sounded like utter brick 3/4 + years ago) mainly because of the bluetooth aspect. Cables getting frayed on nice headphones cause I'd be missioning about and suddenly the L channel drops and my whole fudging day is ruined looool

As I think Steff is eluding to, it gives you the chance to take a step back even in a place that might be crowded. Even if you might look odd sat in a pub with headphones on looking calm like a hindu cow, it's way better than the 100s of other variables that happen if you start to feel panicked / closed in etc etc I legit don't give a fudge but a lot of places i go the staff know my situation anyways.

Swear to GHod these headphones have stopped me from doing irreversible damage to people who either took liberties or tested me (I have biiiiiig times anger issues and outrageously high standards when it comes to manners)

Thanks mate, and I have to recommend a pair which are pretty outstanding for their price-point...Sony WH1000 X M3s. Really really good and the noise-cancellation is actually a pleasure as opposed to a muffled barrier. Well worth the cash (albeit I didn't buy mine hahaha). But I would've been happy with them even if I had!

Do boxers punch with their 2 smallest fingers? Stay safe Mr Seven Pinter

Mate. First off, apologies, as this might come across as a bit tossy, but I think it's worth saying...

It would be appreciated if we kept this thread on the level and recognized it for what it is - a place where we can express ourselves and share experiences/advice without a swing (even in jest).
We're here for you as well if anything is going on, and if not, well, as I said, perhaps measure the weight of the room if it's all the same.
Cheers, and again, please take this in the spirit of the room and not as some "overlord" gonad*s.

And now to make it all about me...... :D

Things came to a head. A mixture of family issues / sudden exposure of some mental health things you wouldn't want to hear about your son / money issues / not spending any time alone / not training / job issues (ie none) / stressing about other people's situations / feeling let down by mental health servies (rude fudgers) / relationship issues

For context I was wondering around feeling lost due to my house not being a comfortable scene at the time, ended up staying at a hotel for the night to legit de stress and things got a little better.

However I resented my missus not really being there for me although it was a fresh relationship and we'd been totally open about everything (first relationship with a non binary person but not the main point I guess, stories that'd make the vice den blush though haaa). I felt let down and we'd arranged to meet up to talk it over as messaging wasn't getting us anywhere. Loooong story short I had a Johnny Walker shot which I downed after being told to "slow down" (if I'm stressed I will do literally the opposite of anyhing anyone says to me - super childish!) stormed off whilst full on drama queen speaking whilst blubbering and out of sight delivered a devastating left hook to.......................a brick wall.

No harder or softer than your standard wall really. And in the oddest way it's been the best thing, as everything is properly out in the open with family and my situation, hand was fixed up a dream eventually despite it being a neck fracture of the 5th metacarpal. It was a proper dingdonghead thing to do, but if it had been someone instead of a wall there's a bunch of lives ruined right there, I'm a boxer and been training full on for quite a while now.

I've not been perfect, far from it at times but definitely on the right path. I've got a purple sling with my niece's scribblings all over it, hand in a cast with my fingers doing a gun salute gun, knuckles slowly working their way back to the right place and I'm in a good place.

123557396_10157733018708733_1487850944144049335_o.jpg

We've all got scars one way or another, and I figured I'd just rep mine as much as possible as long as I learn from it.

Peace and good vibes people

(obviously the green plant has helped a fudge tonne for recovery, legal CBD products only of course)

Glad there is peace on your horizon, really good to hear. Yes, it is amazing how far we can go without breaking, equally amazing when a "weird/silly" moment can be the catalyst of change. I am still not sure how I got through the last two years TBH...although headphones and my glass-half-full perspective were very helpful!!!!

One thing to share with folks struggling. My wife has had many battles with anxiety and depression over the years, and continues to work hard and work through it. She still gets blindsided sometimes and it is tough for the house when that happens as it descends from nowhere it seems. She has become incredibly brave at explaining what's going on, and sometimes I see that it takes a bravery hard to imagine. One thing she swears by is meditation. There are many ways to meditate, and hers involves being guided to the heart of that bout of pain and depression, living with it, recognising it and learning to move through it by knowing it and not being afraid of it (her words not mine). Thought it might be a useful thing to throw out there...

One thing to share with folks struggling. My wife has had many battles with anxiety and depression over the years, and continues to work hard and work through it. She still gets blindsided sometimes and it is tough for the house when that happens as it descends from nowhere it seems. She has become incredibly brave at explaining what's going on, and sometimes I see that it takes a bravery hard to imagine. One thing she swears by is meditation. There are many ways to meditate, and hers involves being guided to the heart of that bout of pain and depression, living with it, recognising it and learning to move through it by knowing it and not being afraid of it (her words not mine). Thought it might be a useful thing to throw out there...
I'm guessing Steff, but the reason she's open is you have demonstrated to her that you're open to listening?

As for meditation, people could kick off with Headspace (app) if they want to give it a try.

Mate. First off, apologies, as this might come across as a bit tossy, but I think it's worth saying...

It would be appreciated if we kept this thread on the level and recognized it for what it is - a place where we can express ourselves and share experiences/advice without a swing (even in jest).
We're here for you as well if anything is going on, and if not, well, as I said, perhaps measure the weight of the room if it's all the same.
Cheers, and again, please take this in the spirit of the room and not as some "overlord" gonad*s.

Thanks Steff, I know I can be a tad precious and you did this in a way that was a lot politer than my gut reaction was.

If it wasn’t for it being a totally misguided jab in a totally not coo manner it’d have been fair doos haha

Whoever @Bullet is, they are welcome to a demonstration in the ring if there’s any more dumb questions, practice is always better than the theory

In a way it’s quite a funny example as people test me like Bullet (hi again [emoji12][emoji12][emoji12]), a totally not fat or lonely or old non - keyboard warrior did frequently and it’s an opportunity to learn from it each time so I’m more in control.

So the GF is in her flight back to Australia.
All the usual rules of letting someone go don't apply - don't want to cut contact. Circumstances have pulled us apart. But still want to remain friends. Who knows what the future holds with the pandemic.

Don't really like my job or where I live either.
Can't go travelling.

This fudging sucks.

All the usual rules of letting someone go don't apply - don't want to cut contact. Circumstances have pulled us apart. But still want to remain friends. Who knows what the future holds with the pandemic.

Can't go travelling.

This fudging sucks.
You really CAN do something about your job and where you live.

I don't know your full circumstances, but if you are renting, that makes it easy to move on somewhere.
Do you have other ties to your current location? And is work transferable to other locations.

I know you probably don't want to think to much about this on this very day :) but a change may help you move other things along in your head on the girlfriend front, as in she was very much part of your current environment. Obviously not saying you want to forget her, but she's moving on, so mentally healthy if you find a fresh path ahead as well?

Chin up mate...

Can't go travelling.

This fudging sucks.

Are you finding it hard to connect with the day to day things you might enjoy?

Situation sounds less than ideal but it sounds like it's dragging you down holistically, potentially in terms of your life habits....which for me at least, would affect outlook and make things seem potentially a bit bleaker than they are..Don't want to make any assumptions, or make it seem like you would need to post more here. You know all our thoughts on here are with ya, even if there might be squabbling on the less important stuff.

As an aside, was mentioning the CBD stuff with DGL earlier. For my hand (read above) the oil / balms have been awesome now the wrapping has been cut off (fudge yeaaaaaaah) but the edibles are top too. I appreciate Holland and Barrett aren't the best of the best but the gummies and chocolate are a nice vibe. Don't want to turn this thread in to the vice den but the above board side of the plant is kosher here surely!

As an aside, was mentioning the CBD stuff with DGL earlier. For my hand (read above) the oil / balms have been awesome now the wrapping has been cut off (fudge yeaaaaaaah) but the edibles are top too. I appreciate Holland and Barrett aren't the best of the best but the gummies and chocolate are a nice vibe. Don't want to turn this thread in to the vice den but the above board side of the plant is kosher here surely!

Undoubtedly healthy body and healthy mind are connected. Being physically healthy will not fully insulate you from mental health issues.

The crap you get in the shops have barely any CBD in for the record. One of the guys in my Parkinson's support group actually uses the same guy a friend of ours uses and he creates the mixture himself depending on your illness.

The guy was a professor at a university. I do think in the future the will be a time when it becomes far more mainstream then it is now.

I take CBD and a daily high dose of Tumeric as a shot each day
I always used to wake up really achy, sore feet, legs espcially after playing golf, since taking the above I wake up every day with nothing at all in terms of aches and pains
Might be a placebo might not but I love how it makes me feel

Undoubtedly healthy body and healthy mind are connected. Being physically healthy will not fully insulate you from mental health issues.

The crap you get in the shops have barely any CBD in for the record. One of the guys in my Parkinson's support group actually uses the same guy a friend of ours uses and he creates the mixture himself depending on your illness.

The guy was a professor at a university. I do think in the future the will be a time when it becomes far more mainstream then it is now.

Nisa sells bud now, it's getting there one step at a time. With the shop bought stuff I'm not quite sure what you mean matey unless they lying on the MG dose on the packaging?

I do find it a leveller that makes things that would have caused a silly anxiety just totally chill. But that might be the cali grade stuff I would occasionally smoke from time to time if the law should permit such a heinous activity.

Nobody thinks it's weird to use Aloe Vera for skincare / burns etc, the prohibition was just an anti black thing way in a simplistic view...Anyways, could probably do a whole thread on CBD but don't want to drag this of all places toooooo far off course.

My Mrs is being nasty to me this week
Constantly digging me out for everything I do, not helping us being in the same flat 24/7

Hopefully can go back in the office next week to split up the weeks of not being in each others pockets
Work is hectic for me and as we have offices all around the world I'm working long hours from very early morning until 7/8pm and then answering emails until later sometimes

This is an issue for her, she doesn't moan when I get paid every month and the big bonuses I get which pay for all the nice things we do as a family
I said I'll jack it in and go and work in McDonalds and see how she likes it then

Back