• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Does anyone suffer from mental illness on here?

What a horrible few 6/7 weeks culminating in a few really bad mental health days.
Depression really is horrible. I'd forgotten how painful uncontrollable crying is.

Had to experience all of my main triggers the past few weeks - moving house, moving without any warning or time to plan, the cold (new housemates think 17/18c is normal - wtf?!), meeting new people, new housemates are quite loud (some people really just don't understand how grating their volume is), loss of a partner (gf has decided to move back to Australia due to COVID).

This is going to be a long winter.
Can't even watch spurs in the pub.

What a horrible few 6/7 weeks culminating in a few really bad mental health days.
Depression really is horrible. I'd forgotten how painful uncontrollable crying is.

Had to experience all of my main triggers the past few weeks - moving house, moving without any warning or time to plan, the cold (new housemates think 17/18c is normal - wtf?!), meeting new people, new housemates are quite loud (some people really just don't understand how grating their volume is), loss of a partner (gf has decided to move back to Australia due to COVID).

Sorry to hear of that mate. We have all been through similar and it will be no comfort to you but sometimes you have to experience hardship to experience joy.

Sorry to hear of that mate. We have all been through similar and it will be no comfort to you but sometimes you have to experience hardship to experience joy.
Thanks.
All I want is a bit of stability and consistency.
And peace. Most of all peace.
I don't have the energy anymore.
Although had a few months off this year for stress and did a great job pulling myself up - was In a really good place ready to tackle the world....then bam.
I'm so over this country.

Thanks.
All I want is a bit of stability and consistency.
And peace. Most of all peace.
I don't have the energy anymore.
Although had a few months off this year for stress and did a great job pulling myself up - was In a really good place ready to tackle the world....then bam.
I'm so over this country.

Maybe move to another country. I always regretted never living elsewhere in my life. In a years time I imagine everything will be normal.

Consider now preseason for your future life.

Whatever it is you want to do with the rest of your life, get yourself best prepared for the future.

Maybe move to another country. I always regretted never living elsewhere in my life. In a years time I imagine everything will be normal.

Consider now preseason for your future life.

Whatever it is you want to do with the rest of your life, get yourself best prepared for the future.
Sadly think I'm too old - 38 already. And don't have a degree, so that makes Australia or NZ tricky.

But thanks for the positive words dude.

I have not. Will have a look at it. Cheers. Hope there is an audiobook!
I would imagine so.

Fear of making a mistake haunts people more then doing something and doing it wrong.

Can you not go to Australia on a travel visa and spend some time there.

Something else might come along in the meantime or maybe something else when you there.

I was pretty down when my first marriage ended and my mother died within 6 months. It is weird how looking back those periods gave me clarity as I got older. My brother who i had not spoken to in years died alone and in debt. We had a row i had never forgiven him for. But now I'm a better father for it.

Life can be difficult but as long as your always learning from it, it is not wasted.

Your a compassionate guy, maybe work in the charity sector.

I know your also a big theatre goer like myself, so that finally opening up again will be something to look forward to.

I would imagine so.

Fear of making a mistake haunts people more then doing something and doing it wrong.

Something else might come along in the meantime or maybe something else when you there.

I was pretty down when my first marriage ended and my mother died within 6 months. It is weird how looking back those periods gave me clarity as I got older. My brother who i had not spoken to in years died alone and in debt. We had a row i had never forgiven him for. But now I'm a better father for it.

Life can be difficult but as long as your always learning from it, it is not wasted.

I know your also a big theatre goer like myself, so that finally opening up again will be something to look forward to.

Great post mate

I lived in fear of going to work abroad for years and turned it down for neigh on 10 years then took plunge and regretted not doing it earlier. And you can replace moving abroad with another decision.

You can def wind yourself up more worrying about doing something you will love than actually doing it.

What ever happens Monkey stay strong fella, vent out on here whenever needed

I would imagine so.

Thanks.
Just thanks.

Mate,

Awful. I empathize with parts of your story -we were forced into a move in Jan after 12 years, albeit we now look back and are grateful- but the stress is certainly high for a while. But yes, that is a series of huge triggers.

Some short-term advice (and it will sound weird)...make sure you get a pair of good noise-cancelling headphones. That will afford you some peace and quiet for sure. I know it sounds trite, but given your situation and roommates, it will allow you to isolate what you hear. Maybe also be sure to find some good mind-cleansing ambient music (if you need recommendations Id be happy to list some great ones) just to help you relax. With regards to your partner, can you visit?

Just try to take those small steps and keep the focus range short. For now. As weird as THIS is going to sound (and it will!) try to simplify every situation to the barest point/truth. The moment extra noise starts crawling across your thoughts, gently push it along. I have personally found that when I take time to look at things around me -whether a bird, insect or small animal- and consider it's life and journey. I know, weird, but sometimes just watching a beetle or a caterpillar and thinking about what it all must look like from their perspective is weirdly calming and oddly humbling (FWIW I have probably now fully outed to people here why I loved Poch so much - the auras!!!!!)...

Most importantly, give yourself permission to feel a bit blue right now, but trust yourself to keep moving through the blue and into some light.

Good luck.

Last edited:
Sadly think I'm too old - 38 already. And don't have a degree, so that makes Australia or NZ tricky.

Good luck mate, I'd definitely look at working abroad - I'm 36 and have a baby now but I've always regretted not living abroad although I've been lucky that I've travelled quite a bit.

I don't think a degree will stop you getting a job anywhere mate, if it's really something you're keen on then worth reading a bit. If you look at the Aussie skills shortage list to get visas then they need all sorts of occupations like Brickies for example - https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/working-in-australia/skill-occupation-list

Obviously not possible now but if you can get a few K together then I'd highly recommend doing 3/4 months travelling round SE Asia, pretty cheap when you're there and you'd have a great time travelling round Thailand, Vietnam, Cambodia etc.

Nah dude that's not right!! It seems to be yourself setting an age limit for a happy life....Whether thats commitment / family or travelling the world banging every stunning lady / whatever floats your boat, due to the current situation everything may feel a bit hollow and empty but I reckon we'll see better times again. But it's taking what we can get, don't know your political leanings but Trump losing gave my mental health rating a firm +2 points haha

Talk on here as much as you want as well, you know we're all useless fudgeups or reprobates but it's a good place to sound off your thoughts free of judgement (but not custard)

Mate,
Some short-term advice (and it will sound weird)...make sure you get a pair of good noise-cancelling headphones. That will afford you some peace and quiet for sure. I know it sounds trite, but given your situation and roommates, it will allow you to isolate what you hear. Maybe also be sure to find some good mind-cleansing ambient music (if you need recommendations Id be happy to list some great ones) just to help you relax.

Every word you post is always gold Steff but this in particular is such a monumental piece of guidance!!!!

I splashed out on some Dre beats (knowing they sounded like utter brick 3/4 + years ago) mainly because of the bluetooth aspect. Cables getting frayed on nice headphones cause I'd be missioning about and suddenly the L channel drops and my whole fudging day is ruined looool

As I think Steff is eluding to, it gives you the chance to take a step back even in a place that might be crowded. Even if you might look odd sat in a pub with headphones on looking calm like a hindu cow, it's way better than the 100s of other variables that happen if you start to feel panicked / closed in etc etc I legit don't give a fudge but a lot of places i go the staff know my situation anyways.

Swear to GHod these headphones have stopped me from doing rreversible damage to people who either took liberties or tested me (I have biiiiiig times anger issues and outrageously high standards when it comes to manners)

And now to make it all about me...... :D

Things came to a head. A mixture of family issues / sudden exposure of some mental health things you wouldn't want to hear about your son / money issues / not spending any time alone / not training / job issues (ie none) / stressing about other people's situations / feeling let down by mental health servies (rude fudgers) / relationship issues

For context I was wondering around feeling lost due to my house not being a comfortable scene at the time, ended up staying at a hotel for the night to legit de stress and things got a little better.

However I resented my missus not really being there for me although it was a fresh relationship and we'd been totally open about everything (first relationship with a non binary person but not the main point I guess, stories that'd make the vice den blush though haaa). I felt let down and we'd arranged to meet up to talk it over as messaging wasn't getting us anywhere. Loooong story short I had a Johnny Walker shot which I downed after being told to "slow down" (if I'm stressed I will do literally the opposite of anyhing anyone says to me - super childish!) stormed off whilst full on drama queen speaking whilst blubbering and out of sight delivered a devastating left hook to.......................a brick wall.

No harder or softer than your standard wall really. And in the oddest way it's been the best thing, as everything is properly out in the open with family and my situation, hand was fixed up a dream eventually despite it being a neck fracture of the 5th metacarpal. It was a proper dingdonghead thing to do, but if it had been someone instead of a wall there's a bunch of lives ruined right there, I'm a boxer and been training full on for quite a while now.

I've not been perfect, far from it at times but definitely on the right path. I've got a purple sling with my niece's scribblings all over it, hand in a cast with my fingers doing a gun salute gun, knuckles slowly working their way back to the right place and I'm in a good place.

123557396_10157733018708733_1487850944144049335_o.jpg

We've all got scars one way or another, and I figured I'd just rep mine as much as possible as long as I learn from it.

Peace and good vibes people

(obviously the green plant has helped a fudge tonne for recovery, legal CBD products only of course)

Do boxers punch with their 2 smallest fingers? Stay safe Mr Seven Pinter

It's called a boxer's fracture so glad to advise, yes my unaware friend; peak technique for a left hook if I do say so myself :cool: you should see the wall...

But yeah I'm all good as I message indicates. Another time I'll go through the referral process regarding mental health services. Pillar to post is putting it mildly but you'd have thought people would at least be polite or vaguely positive about possibility.

Edit - For more context, in case it helps, try to reach someone's right temple with your first knuckle of the left hand rather than the last and see if you get knocked the fudge out first ;)

Any more ill thought out snide shots you want to pop off in the mental health thread then @Bullet ?

Must feel good winding up someone clearly struggling, nice welcome back after a break from here.

And now to make it all about me...... :D

Things came to a head. A mixture of family issues / sudden exposure of some mental health things you wouldn't want to hear about your son / money issues / not spending any time alone / not training / job issues (ie none) / stressing about other people's situations / feeling let down by mental health servies (rude fudgers) / relationship issues

For context I was wondering around feeling lost due to my house not being a comfortable scene at the time, ended up staying at a hotel for the night to legit de stress and things got a little better.

However I resented my missus not really being there for me although it was a fresh relationship and we'd been totally open about everything (first relationship with a non binary person but not the main point I guess, stories that'd make the vice den blush though haaa). I felt let down and we'd arranged to meet up to talk it over as messaging wasn't getting us anywhere. Loooong story short I had a Johnny Walker shot which I downed after being told to "slow down" (if I'm stressed I will do literally the opposite of anyhing anyone says to me - super childish!) stormed off whilst full on drama queen speaking whilst blubbering and out of sight delivered a devastating left hook to.......................a brick wall.

No harder or softer than your standard wall really. And in the oddest way it's been the best thing, as everything is properly out in the open with family and my situation, hand was fixed up a dream eventually despite it being a neck fracture of the 5th metacarpal. It was a proper dingdonghead thing to do, but if it had been someone instead of a wall there's a bunch of lives ruined right there, I'm a boxer and been training full on for quite a while now.

I've not been perfect, far from it at times but definitely on the right path. I've got a purple sling with my niece's scribblings all over it, hand in a cast with my fingers doing a gun salute gun, knuckles slowly working their way back to the right place and I'm in a good place.

123557396_10157733018708733_1487850944144049335_o.jpg

We've all got scars one way or another, and I figured I'd just rep mine as much as possible as long as I learn from it.

Peace and good vibes people

(obviously the green plant has helped a fudge tonne for recovery, legal CBD products only of course)

CBD is great but licenced products are tinkle and contain nothing.

Glad your doing better mate. Make sure you find the time train. Physical health leads to mental health.

Back