• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Does anyone suffer from mental illness on here?

I'm having to take a break from gambling as it's got a bit out of control the past few months, have got myself into a bit of debt doing it, silly clam

Have made the first step by self excluding myself from all my betting accounts for 6 months though and I feel happier already that I have

Recognition and action - really powerful steps mate.
Good job.

Have a think about how you will react if you get withdrawal, might be good to be prepared.

Will be fine at work because of how busy I am
On the train home I’ll make sure I keep myself occupied by reading, etc
At home just spend as much time as I can with the mrs and kids

Its the habit thats the killer, like giving up smoking - I found the routine harder to beat than the nicotine.

Cold turkey is probably best, so stay strict with yourself. These things can be broken surprisingly quickly, so long as you are ready.

Then of course, just be aware you can slip back into an old habit with ease as well, so be mindful.

I have at least 3 friends that I all considered to be, at one time, alcoholics beyond saving - but they have all amazingly sobered up, and have stayed sober for 13, 8 and 5 years respectively. All of them frequent the same parties/social gatherings I go to where other people drink, but they manage to stay off it (it helps that everyone knows that they've quit, obviously, as there's no peer pressure on them to drink - as there usually is everywhere in our society). One of them still smokes a bit weed at parties, but he doesn't touch alcohol anymore.

So, @markysimmo, stay strong mate, there really is hope for everyone! You can do it! :)

Of course, and easy while your resolve is fresh and strong.

The challenge will come at the end of the week when you have time, things to bet on, and might be feeling a little "weaker" (if thats the word?)

Great start though mate, just keep it up!

If you can get through the weekend I think it will be a massive step - its proof you can do it.

Now on day 5 and still no bets from me
To be fair its more me stopping the silly online inplay betting on crazy leagues

So it appears I might be entering a bit of an episode as a few people around me are telling me my behaviour is more odd then normal. Weirdest thing about the disease is how it effects your mentality.

I am talking out loud to myself and keep bursting into song, it does not bother me but apparently I am doing it at inappropriate moments. Also the shouting of swearwords when driving and a lack of self control in situations is not really funny for those around me apparently.

Also I can not take a shower with out really loud music and singing, current favourite is Psycho Killer talking heads, I think it is the best shower song out there. Love dancing and singing in the shower. I am not sure if it is a bad thing but I kind of feel like I dont have to hold back and the real me is coming out, I understand the swearing and driving miles after people who cut me off and scaring them might not be normal, but I kind of think it has always been in me anyway.

Back