• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Does anyone suffer from mental illness on here?

Thanks, lads. :) It's funny, I was talking to a mate of mine at Uni (I'm taking a course there), and we got into talking about the group dynamics of the class (we're roughly 50 people). It's basically him, me and one other guy who are good pals there, I would say, and then there's a bunch of other people you talk to occasionally and si hi to and such. And I've always seen my friend here as the type of guy who's really good in social situations (based on what I've observed in class), a guy I get the impression that people like, and he converses really well with people etc. I tell this to him, and then he says "no, no, no, you're describing yourself, I've always seen you as much more sociable, outgoing and likeable than me", and we kind of laughed and spoke about one of the irks of social anxiety, that you always have this feeling that everone else is better at the social stuff than yourself. Negative automatic thoughts and all that, discounting all the good interactions you have, and giving more weight to the bad ones etc (the ones you perceive to be bad, anyway). I guess the "truth" is in the eye of the beholder, and seeing as there are a million realities out there, there are as many perceptions of you as a human being.

Rant over for now, haha. :p

I’m struggling. I don’t know what else to say. I’m in trouble with all ways of life. I have a lovely family but I drink and I let everyone down then I don’t. Now I go on holiday and I leave my family and go on a binge drinking session. I’m a fudging loser.im sorry for bringing this into the spurs chat.

I want to cry and I’m welling up now. How do o go and speak to my wife and her family after ditching them for beers. I’m gonna continue to drink. That’s what’s I do. I’m not an alcoholic as I don’t drink every day. Or I can go a week or more but look at me

I do know this is controllable, And I control most of it but it’s the alcohol.

Last edited:
I’m struggling. I don’t know what else to say. I’m in trouble with all ways of life. I have a lovely family but I drink and I let everyone down then I don’t. Now I go on holiday and I leave my family and go on a binge drinking session. I’m a fudging loser.im sorry for bringing this into the spurs chat.

I want to cry and I’m welling up now. How do o go and speak to my wife and her family after ditching them for beers. I’m gonna continue to drink. That’s what’s I do. I’m not an alcoholic as I don’t drink every day. Or I can go a week or more but look at me

I do know this is controllable, And I control most of it but it’s the alcohol.
Think of your little one and the possibility that if you carry on you might not them grown day in day out
You can change

Think of your little one and the possibility that if you carry on you might not them grown day in day out
You can change
That’s all I’m thinking about now mate. His cute little face when he looks up at me. But all I see is a loser face looking down at him
Now. My wife always puts me down but I don’t know whether it is me being a bad dad or her being silly.

That’s all I’m thinking about now mate. His cute little face when he looks up at me. But all I see is a loser face looking down at him
Now. My wife always puts me down but I don’t know whether it is me being a bad dad or her being silly.
It sounds like you could do with some professional help mate

I tried it before. It did help for a while so think I’m going to go back for it mate. Easy solution that talk to someone but then you think you’re ready and don’t need it anymore.
All drugs, not just alcohol amplify your feelings, so if you feel brick, booze will make you feel bricker and visa versa. Spend the rest of your holiday doing stuff for your family*, it will make you feel good about yourself.
*the unconditional stuff, don't expect anything back.
PS, apologies for the flippant response to @milo's sound advice the other day.

Hang in there.
The drink is a bad thing, try and moderate, but the loser stuff will fudge you up.
You're not a loser, when you feel like that try and engage with someone, even briefly, do something nice for them no matter how small, or make them smile. It' the best feeling and pick me up the world.
People love and value you, you just need to realize it. And as your child and family grow that love and your self esteem will to.
Hope you get through tonight, we are all here for you.

Hope you’re doing okay GGG. Eat, sleep then sort it out with your wife and her family in the morning.

You should try talking to someone professional again when you get back. You’re not a loser. You probably do need a bit of a hand at the minute though just to help you get things straight in your head. Do it for yourself first and foremost; by doing that you’ll make things better for your kid.

Can’t even speak. GHod bless

She hates me. I’m scared. It’ll Bruin’s
Do you know anyone who can take you to an AA meeting? They can provide tremendous support. Also, there is AlAnon for family members who have relatives with challenges related to alcohol. If I lived nearby I'd take you - and you're not a loser by any means, just a chap who could use some support and resources to understand what your impulses lead you to do.

Day after always is bad but my wife is very reasonable and knows I have a problem when I drink. She’s been understanding today and held my hand when we were walking by the pool. My son smiled at me when I went to the pool as he saw me, as I stayed back in our room for a couple of hours more kip. Just fed him in the restaurant now and it’s such a nice feeling. Strangers smiling at him as he is s such a cutey. I don’t want to let them down so today is the start of a new day and new me.

Thanks for all responses, can talk to you lot so easily on here.

Day after always is bad but my wife is very reasonable and knows I have a problem when I drink. She’s been understanding today and held my hand when we were walking by the pool. My son smiled at me when I went to the pool as he saw me, as I stayed back in our room for a couple of hours more kip. Just fed him in the restaurant now and it’s such a nice feeling. Strangers smiling at him as he is s such a cutey. I don’t want to let them down so today is the start of a new day and new me.

Thanks for all responses, can talk to you lot so easily on here.

I'm glad to hear that today has been better. Just try to take it one day at a time.

Back