• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Does anyone suffer from mental illness on here?

@SpursMeUp Agree with a lot of what your saying, I think you also would benefit from watching minimalism on netflix, the are a lot of good themes in it for living life.

Governments are wasteful and it is why I do not trust more government and the desire of others to have control over others accept for necessities.

Scratched my neck up in frustration earlier. Not a good sign. Yesterday, I scratched away at my ankle, after an argument went out of control. I suffer from psoriasis on my ankles, so scratching away heavily at them was not a good action to take. This morning, they were red raw. I think my inability to deal with frustration, and partial anger problems are all tied up with my anxiety and depression.

Scratched my neck up in frustration earlier. Not a good sign. Yesterday, I scratched away at my ankle, after an argument went out of control. I suffer from psoriasis on my ankles, so scratching away heavily at them was not a good action to take. This morning, they were red raw. I think my inability to deal with frustration, and partial anger problems are all tied up with my anxiety and depression.

I've got psoriasis too, so I feel your pain. Copped a genetic double dose from my mum and my dad.

Same here. Though I tend to find a good scratch quite cathartic

It can be, and people without psoriasis can never understand just how cathartic it can be. It’s like they say ‘just stop scratching’, but it’s not that easy. I find the patches move through phases. At worst, the psoriasis covered almost my entire feet. Now it’s mostly my ankles, but in large surface areas. It’s also frustrating in that I enjoy my running but with ankles that sting at a higher level than most equivalents, it’s hard to run with raw ankles and yet, running is also a tonic for my mental ailments. Double frustration.

Shouted and screamed at a shelf stacker in my local CO-OP for chewing gum while talking to me. Threw the milk on the floor and walked out.

Think I might be having an episode, so am taking a few days away from the world.

Been spending most of the day doing mind relaxing techniques I was shown and deep breathing exercises. Know it is part of the disease but by GHod it is hard trying to be on a level playing field all the time.

Wont be watching the game tonight, have tickets but need to be in a calmer space.

Shouted and screamed at a shelf stacker in my local CO-OP for chewing gum while talking to me. Threw the milk on the floor and walked out.

Think I might be having an episode, so am taking a few days away from the world.

Been spending most of the day doing mind relaxing techniques I was shown and deep breathing exercises. Know it is part of the disease but by GHod it is hard trying to be on a level playing field all the time.

Wont be watching the game tonight, have tickets but need to be in a calmer space.

I guess the biggest thing is how upsetting it is. But you are clearly completely cogent writing that ^. I don't know if it's good advise, but my instinct is don't let it upset you if you can. Go to the game with a new found serenity and awareness of how you can get riled (so you check yourself if you do). Will you be with anyone who knows about it and can give you some support?

Enjoy your switch off mate.
You need some ups and downs to know what "level" is.
You got this.

Music helps me a lot. I know it's a simple thing, but it helps and I connect and channel emotions through music, always have.

I notice an immediate boost when I have a good session after a long musical drought.

.... No I'm not old, it's a classic. And:

.. always makes me cry

Good luck my friend.

Sorry to hear, mate. Have you tried the meditation app Headspace? It's not a cure for the deeper-seated challenges and patterns of life but done regularly can be a useful tool. Feel better, amigo.

Social anxiety is terrible here at the moment. Probably because I haven't been working out regularly recently. I get this feeling people in general don't really like me, and I'm afraid of looking people in their eyes, no one wants to hang out and it's probably because I'm a downer to be with. Goddamnit. I get this strong sense of having to be funny or interesting or something whenever I'm with people, and always evaluate my performance continually, which of course makes me too self aware to be relaxed and it all goes down the loo, and there's no way to be fun to be with when you're stressing out. Goddamnit. Need to get back to working out soon. When is the fudging snow melting.

You don't have to be anything but nice. People like nice people. Most people also like talking about themselves, so let them be funny or interesting.

Yeah, absolutely. :) I just have this feeling I exude a lot of negative vibes, so people don't think I'm nice, even though I'm probably behaving nice. :p It sounds stupid, I know, but feeling down in general just makes it harder to "be nice", I guess. Or at least have a perception of being nice and appearing nice to others.

Back