• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Do your work colleagues ask "what have you got?" - for lunch?

The are a load of grumpy antisocial fudges in the world.

13571_637068319725621_3992747638149375791_n.jpg

I wait till 3 to have my lunch, then I dont have to see people and also only have 2 hours when I get back to work

Ok. So this begs the question of what time you have breakfast (if you do). The thought of going till 3 o clock without lunch makes me feel faint.

Our sales manager is a complete idiot. He receives an excel file, prints it, makes notes with a pen on said paper, scans the thing in PD fudging F format and mails it to himself, before sending it along to some poor sod. Congrats!

THIS MAN IS EARNING 100K! I hate him so, so very much.

Our sales manager is a complete idiot. He receives an excel file, prints it, makes notes with a pen on said paper, scans the thing in PD fudging F format and mails it to himself, before sending it along to some poor sod. Congrats!

THIS MAN IS EARNING 100K! I hate him so, so very much.
The man who was FD at our place before I took over used to make staff copy out account movements from Sage onto Excel to check it had added them correctly.

Not a control account, or a memorandum account, actually making sure a computer was adding and subtracting properly.

I've resorted to putting my headphones on every lunch now and being more of a grumpy fcuker.

I had a summer job at a graveyard one summer (basically working as a gardener), and started out all positive and chittery chattery with the dudes I was working with. As it turned out, they liked talking about the same brick every day (the usual stuff; the weather, their kids, stuff they fixed in the house, vacations, that sort of brick), so at some point I started bringing books and magazine to work to read during lunch. I guess they thought it was a bit weird, but never heard them complain. Until the next year, when I applied for the job again (being outside in the sun all summer was nice), and didn't get it, the boss citing (through my father, who knows her boss) "he wasn't social enough at lunch". Haha. :D

So beware! Maybe you'll lose your job somewhere along the line. :p

The place I work at now is filled with 50+ ladies all on a diet just obsessed with food (supposedly they're dieting, but eating chocolates and cake at every opportunity anyway), and they just have to comment every time I eat something they think is unhealthy (oh, it's 500 calories in that etc). Bloody annoying.

THe above story made me laugh, not social enough at lunch.

I am social but its with the guys in my local pub at work.

GHod bless the Bedford Tavern Croydon

I had a summer job at a graveyard one summer (basically working as a gardener), and started out all positive and chittery chattery with the dudes I was working with. As it turned out, they liked talking about the same brick every day (the usual stuff; the weather, their kids, stuff they fixed in the house, vacations, that sort of brick), so at some point I started bringing books and magazine to work to read during lunch. I guess they thought it was a bit weird, but never heard them complain. Until the next year, when I applied for the job again (being outside in the sun all summer was nice), and didn't get it, the boss citing (through my father, who knows her boss) "he wasn't social enough at lunch". Haha. :D

So beware! Maybe you'll lose your job somewhere along the line. :p

The place I work at now is filled with 50+ ladies all on a diet just obsessed with food (supposedly they're dieting, but eating chocolates and cake at every opportunity anyway), and they just have to comment every time I eat something they think is unhealthy (oh, it's 500 calories in that etc). Bloody annoying.

Is that 50 ladies (so some of them must be fit by the law of average) or 50 year old ladies?! ;)

this thread is still going....

anyway, if i could impart one piece of advice, always, always, always leave the office at lunch and turn off your mobile/ignore it during lunch, so many times, i've stayed in the office and had my lunch interrupted for this or that emergency which never was, if they can't find you, they'll look for another poor soul.

this thread is still going....

anyway, if i could impart one piece of advice, always, always, always leave the office at lunch and turn off your mobile/ignore it during lunch, so many times, i've stayed in the office and had my lunch interrupted for this or that emergency which never was, if they can't find you, they'll look for another poor soul.
Good advice. I nearly always go for a walk at lunch.

Same brick, work from home most days so usually make a quick sandwich of whatever is available. Today I had a peanut butter and jam sandwich and two biscuits. Really need to start eating better. Dinner ill have homemade lasagna.

Back