• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Djed Spence

I expected us to sign a more proven RWB. I know we have Doherty but would surprise me a bit if we go into next season with MOD/Spence as our RWB options given how crucial a position it is for Conte
I actually disagree and think Spence will be top class very quickly for us and cement himself as first team RWB with one of the others as cover.

But just a thought, there is not exactly a lot of talk of Reguilon leaving. Of course that could change, but it could well be that Perisic comes in as RWB with Spence and if Sess stays fit would be great at LWB with Reguilon being rotated I think that is fine for the left - and of course would still have Perisic who can go there when required….

I actually disagree and think Spence will be top class very quickly for us and cement himself as first team RWB with one of the others as cover.

But just a thought, there is not exactly a lot of talk of Reguilon leaving. Of course that could change, but it could well be that Perisic comes in as RWB with Spence and if Sess stays fit would be great at LWB with Reguilon being rotated I think that is fine for the left - and of course would still have Perisic who can go there when required….
I'd go a bit further than that and say we'll have 5 that can play wing back, with Perisic being both left and right side with ease.

I've never seen the guy play, but random people on Reddit seem to suggest he's a British version of Royal. Royal is decent and all, but we don't need a second version, so I hope they're wrong!

I've never seen the guy play, but random people on Reddit seem to suggest he's a British version of Royal. Royal is decent and all, but we don't need a second version, so I hope they're wrong!
And here is the problem with the internet. Make your own decisions, I have watched at least ten Championship games he has played in this season and always wanted us to sign him before we got linked. He is strong defensively, and going forward. He obviously needs to be polished (enter Conte) but he has ALL the attributes needed as a wingback….

And here is the problem with the internet. Make your own decisions, I have watched at least ten Championship games he has played in this season and always wanted us to sign him before we got linked. He is strong defensively, and going forward. He obviously needs to be polished (enter Conte) but he has ALL the attributes needed as a wingback….
He was also excellent v the scum and very good v Pool last season, so not a flat track bully either.

I think we’ll get this over the line. He’s got work to do. But seems like Spence is on the cusp of becoming a talented player. He seems to have the physical attributes, how much can he develop his technique under Conte? My guess is significantly. Improving his crossing and awareness, and he seems keen to learn. Probably take half a year for him to really shine.

The same people who have only seen him play on youtube. I just watched a youtube video of him and the comments are full of people saying he is Royale 2.0 but they are assuming this by 1 youtube video.

So he's got an under 21 game monday. So hopefully hear something about this by the end of next week.

Nice, cheers. I try not to get carried away by fan hype or lack of hype, we get to see him play soon enough. I'm just glad we're looking to make business early for a change.

If Conte and Paratici are aware of Royals limitations and suitability I'd doubt theyll be making the same mistake again (not that it was a mistake in the first place as Nuno was playing a back 4)

The new Kyle Walker. I'm starting to believe

no offence mate but you love living in the past. I hope that he is as good as Walker going forward and a few notches above defensively, but above all I hope that he has a footballing brain and not just an athlete

Back