• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Djed Spence

Doherty was looking very good under Conte before he got injured and I'm happy with him as first choice going in to next season.

A young homegrown player with potential as rotation/cover puts us in a good place imo
Agree but having watched a lot of Championship football, I would say Spence is seriously good and within the first couple of months if not sooner will be first choice - he isn’t coming here to be rotation/cover….

Agree but having watched a lot of Championship football, I would say Spence is seriously good and within the first couple of months if not sooner will be first choice - he isn’t coming here to be rotation/cover….

If the talk that Conte has him as his no.1 target for RWB is correct then you'd have to assume that he's being signed with a view to making that position his in the long run

I assume we will be able to get the same for Royal.

Potentially a very good signing if it happens, helps with the HG numbers.

Doherty deserves another season so having these two would be the RWB position sorted

He did look good, I agree, but to me it is still not more than 1 good month in 2 seasons
Look at our record with him playing right wing back with the first team
It’s exceptionally good
It’s why people have to get the positioning bit right with him
Right back.. not great
Right wing back I think we have lost only 2 games

We've gone in with a £20m offer apparently.
If the kid's sorted out his head (and a solid season after being told to buck up indicates that he might have), he could be a very good buy.

What other CL team has such a glaring hole for a 1st choice RWB? If we go in with a serious bid, I can't see any of the other teams mentioned having a chance.

That'd give us Perisic and Sessegnon on the left with Doherty and Spence on the right - experience on both flanks with home grown youth in the wings (literally) waiting to take over.

Hopefully Reguilon and Royal will get good moves - they've done all that could be asked of them, despite not being natural WBs.

Last edited:
Doherty was looking very good under Conte before he got injured and I'm happy with him as first choice going in to next season.

A young homegrown player with potential as rotation/cover puts us in a good place imo

Would show quite a bit of trust and faith both in Doherty and Spencer if that happens. Doherty to keep performing as he has done and Spencer to come in and become an option for fairly big games rather quickly.

I really like that if Conte genuinely think they're both good enough.

If, big if of course, we end up with those two for RWB and Sessegnon + Perisic at LWB we can potentially sell Reguilon, "fix" both wing back positions turning a profit in the process. That would be rather outstanding. But still, ifs and potentially...

If the kid's sorted out his head (and a solid season after being told to buck up indicates that he might have), he could be a very good buy.

What other CL team has such a glaring hole for a 1st choice RWB? If we go in with a serious bud, I can't see any of the other teams mentioned having a chance.

That'd give us Perisic and Sessegnon on the left with Doherty and Spence on the right - experience on both flanks with home grown youth (literally) in the wings waiting to take over.

Hopefully Reguilon and Royal will get good moves - they've done all that could be asked of them, despite not being natural WBs.

Perhaps it's the eternal optimist in me but Sess and Djed gives me potential Rose and Walker vibes...

If he's going for around 20mil it seems a no brainer and also makes me think we should be looking to bolster the squad positions with other young home grown players from the Championship - even if he turns out to be average you have to think we'd at least make our money back on him selling to a lower PL side

Agree that Doherty was looking good, however we have an elite manager now who wants to compete for the title. Doherty would have been good enough for where Spurs have aimed over the last however many years, however the bar is higher now. I'd be surprised if he thought that Doherty and Spence was good enough given how critical WBs are in his formation

Agree that Doherty was looking good, however we have an elite manager now who wants to compete for the title. Doherty would have been good enough for where Spurs have aimed over the last however many years, however the bar is higher now. I'd be surprised if he thought that Doherty and Spence was good enough given how critical WBs are in his formation
He won the league with Victor Moses playing there

Back