• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Djed Spence

Some stuff from Ally Gold re Spence (and other stuff) : https://www.football.london/tottenh...r-news/djed-spence-set-make-decision-24109649

"However, the young wide man is not believed to be keen to sign for a bigger club only to then head out on loan, which means the team that secures his signature this summer is expected to be the one that can offer him regular first team football across the season.
No decision on Spence's future is expected for at least another couple of weeks with the player on England U21 duty as they take on four European U21 Championship qualifying matches next month.

Sessegnon was pulled out of that squad as a precaution this week following his busy end to the season as Spurs' only fit left wing-back. The 22-year-old has had problems with hamstring injuries in recent seasons and football.london understands that the decision was taken to ensure that he is injury-free, fully rested and ready for a big pre-season under Conte in July."

We're still in the process of building the teams winning mentality and still in the process of getting rid of dross and big decisions on some on loan.

Perhaps its to early to take risk on such talents right now. There will be no shortage of another up and coming player with a volatile character in the future.

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk

If Conte thinks Doherty is up to the task then i could see us go for spence, we’d the have experience and youth at both wing backs. Could easily see both Reguillon and Royal head out.

We're still in the process of building the teams winning mentality and still in the process of getting rid of dross and big decisions on some on loan.

Perhaps its to early to take risk on such talents right now. There will be no shortage of another up and coming player with a volatile character in the future.

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk

Players coming in will learn the attitude from the senior pros & manager, with Lloris, Kane, Son, PEH and now Perisic + Conte I don't think too much slacking will be tolerated.

Spence is quick, physically big (I think Conte absolutely believes in bigger players in the PL) and has the attacking side of his game sorted, HG and available for <£20M

I'm not sure there will be lots of options like that in the future.

Players coming in will learn the attitude from the senior pros & manager, with Lloris, Kane, Son, PEH and now Perisic + Conte I don't think too much slacking will be tolerated.

Spence is quick, physically big (I think Conte absolutely believes in bigger players in the PL) and has the attacking side of his game sorted, HG and available for <£20M

I'm not sure there will be lots of options like that in the future.
Nope I agree
Players on the upward curve are the ones to buy when young
His attitude would quickly change when he joined a club of our scale as he wouldnt be able to get away with it.

You'd hope. Or he thinks he's made it and gets worse. We'll see.
If he thinks that sat there with players who have won everything he will be in for a shock
He ain’t dumb
He can be a rude boy
Not unusual for younger players but they can and do change

We have tens of opportunities available to us.
No need to spend money on a red flag with a small upside.
Next.

We have tens of opportunities available to us.
No need to spend money on a red flag with a small upside.
Next.

How many people were critical of the club at not looking at ndombeles attitude before signing? Then totally forget when something else new and shiny comes along.

Would surprise me a little if we went into next season with Spence + Doherty (or SPence and Royal) as our RWB options. Feels a little odd that we're not being linked to more RWBs

I think he'll play LWB and Reggie sold. Or looking at it another way, Perisic can't play both LWB and RWB at the same time, but he'd be the only top-level consistently proven wing back we have
Well Doherty is as proven at RWB
But I think we will get another LWB and have 5 wing backs

Would surprise me a little if we went into next season with Spence + Doherty (or SPence and Royal) as our RWB options. Feels a little odd that we're not being linked to more RWBs

Doherty was looking very good under Conte before he got injured and I'm happy with him as first choice going in to next season.

A young homegrown player with potential as rotation/cover puts us in a good place imo

Back