• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Djed Spence

DVV46_7U8AACJZb.jpg

The players that came from the academy while he was there didn't turn out too bad.

Reactions: DTA
Looked to me as though he got back and goal side every time his direct opponent got forward and stayed high and wide when his opponent wasn't going forward, which is exactly what you want from a wing back.
I thought the same, he seemed to be in the right place right time, especially defensively in the second half.

Never understood the hate for Warnock, whenever I’ve seen him interviewed comes across as a decent bloke.

Seems the football fan way that you have to hate opposition players/managers as soon as they step onto the pitch. Son seems to be the nicest guy in the world, yet you’ll see plenty of fans of other clubs saying he is a horrible, snidey, cheating, Cnut. Football fan culture really is a weird environment…..

Thought that myself. Quite funny reading how many have decided they know what his attitude is like based off this one tweet. Spurs had done enough due diligence to bid for him in January. Not really sure this tweet is going to change much….

Do you really trust Spurs' due diligence? It has been found totally wanting in the past. Hopefully this new regime is better at it.

Although at least his surname doesn't begin with N'..........

Do you really trust Spurs' due diligence? It has been found totally wanting in the past. Hopefully this new regime is better at it.

Although at least his surname doesn't begin with N'..........
Yes, I have every confidence in Conte and Paratici in getting the right type of players in for sure….

Never understood the hate for Warnock, whenever I’ve seen him interviewed comes across as a decent bloke.

Seems the football fan way that you have to hate opposition players/managers as soon as they step onto the pitch. Son seems to be the nicest guy in the world, yet you’ll see plenty of fans of other clubs saying he is a horrible, snidey, cheating, Cnut. Football fan culture really is a weird environment…..
Brilliant manager
Gets brick players playing better

I remember when he was the bright new thing in coaching - his Notts County side nearly undid us in the FA cup quarter final in 91. He also got them into the EPL the season after, which was incredible for a club that size (they are currently in the conference).

He's a bit in your face personality wise, but I don't think anyone can question his managerial credentials.

I remember when he was the bright new thing in coaching - his Notts County side nearly undid us in the FA cup quarter final in 91. He also got them into the EPL the season after, which was incredible for a club that size (they are currently in the conference).

He's a bit in your face personality wise, but I don't think anyone can question his managerial credentials.
A decade or so ago, if I was the owner of a non PL club I would’ve brought him in and put a signifiant promotion bonus in his contract and then sacked him as soon as he had secured promotion.

A decade or so ago, if I was the owner of a non PL club I would’ve brought him in and put a signifiant promotion bonus in his contract and then sacked him as soon as he had secured promotion.

Very good point. He could never really cut it at PL level imo, but was great just below that level at getting teams to punch above their weight to get promoted to the PL.

In fact, has he ever managed a side in the PL without getting relegated at the end of the season?

P.S. Has anyone seen the name anagram that Liverpool fans have given him lol

Very good point. He could never really cut it at PL level imo, but was great just below that level at getting teams to punch above their weight to get promoted to the PL.

In fact, has he ever managed a side in the PL without getting relegated at the end of the season?

P.S. Has anyone seen the name anagram that Liverpool fans have given him lol

No but guessing wanckor or something?

I was at that game, Gazza was brilliant and the reason we won the game when in all honesty we really struggled.

I was at that game, Gazza was brilliant and the reason we won the game when in all honesty we really struggled.
Same, Dad took me to every game in that cup run, Gazza dragged us to the final kicking and screaming really, kind of nice in a way that the rest of the players turned up in the final to show we could do it without Gazza.

You can't knock his record at getting sides up, I watched his documentary on youtube, the one with the famous "serves you right of Muscat that" came over really well

He’s got some very ‘old white man’ views of the world.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/jan/12/neil-warnock-cardiff-city-brexit-leave

Back