• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Djed Spence

I hope he is the real deal; am concerned that Sessegnon ripped up the Championship but then took 2 years to impress us. Granted that was due to being injured and timid, neither of which apply to Spence.

would rather sign someone more established but appreciate this is a home grown issue

PS. If his shirt is 20 we can call him Twenty Spence. Or 50.

Fair concern, but I think Sessengon is extremely timid and a confidence player. Spence seems anything but that from reports.

We are not wholly reliant on him though, Doherty can job share and we'll see how it goes. The hope is he turns out Walker like ie takes the step up easily, but if not we roll the dice.

Plus I can't be bothered to think who else we were linked with in that position to compare potential outcomes, which is always a consideration when forming an opinion.

Agreed.

The assumption seems to be that Reguilon and Emerson will leave, and I think that may turn out to be true. So far though, they're here.

I think Perisic can play as a RWB too. If Reguilon leaves that would obviously leave us light overall, but still, it's an option.

I think having some concerns about a player stepping up from the Championship to a CL club wishing to push on is warranted. We'd all be more confident if we signed Hakimi or someone like that. But it seems like Spence has been high up our list all along, Conte is very clear on what he wants. We have options. So overall I will be very happy if we do sign Spence.

We are not wholly reliant on him though, Doherty can job share and we'll see how it goes. The hope is he turns out Walker like ie takes the step up easily, but if not we roll the dice.

Plus I can't be bothered to think who else we were linked with in that position to compare potential outcomes, which is always a consideration when forming an opinion.

Exactly this, likely this deal happens and we end up starting the season with Doherty, Spence and Emerson

Exactly this, likely this deal happens and we end up starting the season with Doherty, Spence and Emerson

I think we might go through the season with 3 WBs on either side (i.e. keep Royal and Regulion), and that will be our adjustment to the 5 subs rule.

I think we might go through the season with 3 WBs on either side (i.e. keep Royal and Regulion), and that will be our adjustment to the 5 subs rule.

I think that may be a bit much. We have several players that need regular playing time to keep developing, one more if we sign Spence. Also players who will be unhappy with limited playing time and their value would also likely go down.

I think 5 wing backs in total makes more sense. Perisic can play either side imo. Doherty too has proven himself adequate at the very least at LWB.

Would give us another rotation/sub option without inflating the squad size to the point where significant downsides start showing up.

Paul okeefe saying not true no breakthrough. Up to you who to believe.
History tells you it’s the one saying not true is the one that’s right. Twitter is just full of journos jumping early just to get clicks.

On a side note, of all the transfer dealings we have been doing I am surprised this is the one that has been dragging out. Not a dig at Levy at all if he is the one primarily negotiating….

History tells you it’s the one saying not true is the one that’s right. Twitter is just full of journos jumping early just to get clicks.

On a side note, of all the transfer dealings we have been doing I am surprised this is the one that has been dragging out. Not a dig at Levy at all if he is the one primarily negotiating….

Rumour is that forest and boro had a fee in place for spence. We matched it and spence wanted to come to us. Boro then increased the price. We put it on hold with paratici looking at alternatives if boro don't drop the price.

I think that may be a bit much. We have several players that need regular playing time to keep developing, one more if we sign Spence. Also players who will be unhappy with limited playing time and their value would also likely go down.

I think 5 wing backs in total makes more sense. Perisic can play either side imo. Doherty too has proven himself adequate at the very least at LWB.

Would give us another rotation/sub option without inflating the squad size to the point where significant downsides start showing up.

But 5 subs and 2 games a week. That’s potentially an hour a week each. If the starters know they will always only play an hour, they can go full pelt all the time.

There’s also that Perisic will likely double up as our 6th forward. Maybe Royal will be our 6th CB if Tanganga goes as well as Rodon. Plus Spence’s time to settle and Sessegnon and Doherty’s injury histories. I think it’s possible we’ll keep all 6 anyway

Rumour is that forest and boro had a fee in place for spence. We matched it and spence wanted to come to us. Boro then increased the price. We put it on hold with paratici looking at alternatives if boro don't drop the price.
I think we will sign him, we need some HG and this is an obvious player to acquire that will strengthen a key position. The alternatives are all foreign, I don’t see us not signing him personally…..

There are some rumours that Boro's stance on the upfront payment, payment structure and future clauses is also unrealistic.

But 5 subs and 2 games a week. That’s potentially an hour a week each. If the starters know they will always only play an hour, they can go full pelt all the time.

There’s also that Perisic will likely double up as our 6th forward. Maybe Royal will be our 6th CB if Tanganga goes as well as Rodon. Plus Spence’s time to settle and Sessegnon and Doherty’s injury histories. I think it’s possible we’ll keep all 6 anyway

I think it's possible and there are obviously benefits if that happens.

Not saying it shouldn't happen, just that I think the downsides may be greater than the benefits.

Flight leaves saturday. If they want it done get it done, or bring in someone else.

If Spence is the one Conte wants I'd rather see us getting him some days or a week after the flight leaves than get someone else in sooner.

I think chances are that Doherty starts at RWB either way come the start of the season. So there's time there for Spence to settle in.

Would be more urgency if we were talking about someone that would be likely to come in directly as first choice. But then too getting the right player in would be more important than getting them in days or a week earlier.

Back