• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Divock Origi

Why would we sign Liverpools 3rd/4th choice striker? Seems a bit odd and not really a sign of progress. On the other side I guess our Belgium contingent could have recommended him to Poch.

Why would we sign Liverpools 3rd/4th choice striker? Seems a bit odd and not really a sign of progress. On the other side I guess our Belgium contingent could have recommended him to Poch.
I don't think you can really say which striker is where in the pecking order at Pool, because they don't really play any of their strikers. Mane is not a striker, Firminho is not a striker, Salah is not a striker. The strikers aren't playing, because they all turn brick at Liverpool, because they have never played to the strengths of their strikers in recent years. They hardly put a cross in when they had Carroll or Benteke. Origi would do ok if played regularly.

As a different option to Janssen .Why not?.He will accept sitting on the bench.The only relevant question is really does he improve the team and in my view he does.

As a different option to Janssen .Why not?.He will accept sitting on the bench.The only relevant question is really does he improve the team and in my view he does.
Agree. He has shown more than Janssen. And he offers something different, as he's quick and can play off the shoulder of the defenders. His goal return is actually quite good for a bit part player.

Agree. He has shown more than Janssen. And he offers something different, as he's quick and can play off the shoulder of the defenders. His goal return is actually quite good for a bit part player.

Agree. I was surprised with the stats which I dug out last night - goal every couple starts. Very acceptable record

Liverpool striker Divock Origi could move to Tottenham, according to his father.

I thought he looked damn good in the WC, but he never reproduced that form for Liverpool and often looked void of confidence.

Liverpool striker Divock Origi could move to Tottenham, according to his father.

I thought he looked damn good in the WC, but he never reproduced that form for Liverpool and often looked void of confidence.

I'm generally with you however to repeat the stats which I posted a page or two ago:
- last season, 7 goals in 14 PL starts (20 sub appearances)
- year before: 5 goals in 7 starts (plus 9 as sub)
That's not too bad....

Depends on price for me.

I know so little about him Im neither for or against. If its a reasonable punt then why not? If its an expensive punt then why bother?

If Origi comes in it will at the expense of Jansen I would think ,on the bench if not the squad.

As a bench option, I can see the merits. I think that he makes less sense if he is replacing Janssen because we would have to alter the way we play if Kane was out.

Depends on price for me.

I know so little about him Im neither for or against. If its a reasonable punt then why not? If its an expensive punt then why bother?

Yep, and thats where it would probably fall over. It seems like anyone who's started more than a dozen or so PL games is worth £20m - £30m nowadays and I doubt Liverpool would sell him to us for less. They paid £10m for him 3 years ago and we're also a big rival

I should hold my hands up and say I was arguing the other week in the Barkley thread that price doesnt matter. If the club pay it, then Im ok with it. Its their choice and I have every faith in Levys management of our finances.

And I do hold to that.

I suppose the thing here is that my view of the transfer has so little information to support it, the price somehow seems relevant.

I probably should think about that a bit more.

Thats the end of that

Any other dodgy strikers available on deadline day?

I think that is being a bit harsh on him, he looked a very promising player until the Pool got hold of him ( he will not be the first striker who has struggled there). He has just turned 22 and there is plenty of time for him to show/improve.

Back