• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Divock Origi

Jordinho

Ron Henry
Staff member
With the departed Jermain Defoe now too busy watching ice hockey, Harry Kane no longer the darling of Tim Sherwood and Roberto Soldado no longer the darling of anyone, Tottenham need a hot young thing to partner Emmanuel Adebayor up front and fire them to a Europa League place. Spurs’ scouting department have been too busy swigging beer and watching the World Cup to care, but in watching Belgium’s 1-0 victory over Russia on Sunday, they managed to spot the goalscorer Divock Origi, and promptly phoned up his club, Lille, for a quote.

The French club are holding out for £8m for the 19-year-old but canny negotiator Daniel Levy will start at £5m and hope to end up somewhere in the middle. Origi might only have scored five goals in 30 league appearances last season but remember, he’s a ‘starlet’ and most importantly of all, he’s BELGIAN. Sign him up!

www.theguardian.com/football/2014/jun/23/football-transfer-rumous-divock-origi-tottenham-hotspur

:ross:

Didn't take them long.

So much information it's almost as if Levy phoned the Guardian up and kindly shared his transfer plans. And some say he never likes to discuss business publicly. #-o

While you have to be very careful judging any player solely on World Cup appearances (who was it that said "it's like marrying a girl after only having ever seen her in a beauty pageant"?) from his two cameo appearances he looks as though he could well have the tools required for the PL. Strength, pace, determination, movement and a decent touch.

At 8 million he would look to be a worthwhile gamble (however I suspect that his price will be somewhat higher than 8 million come the end of the World Cup)

The fact that he made the squad ahead of the highly rated Michy Batshuayi is also pretty impressive.

While you have to be very careful judging any player solely on World Cup appearances (who was it that said "it's like marrying a girl after only having ever seen her in a beauty pageant"?) from his two cameo appearances he looks as though he could well have the tools required for the PL. Strength, pace, determination, movement and a decent touch.

At 8 million he would look to be a worthwhile gamble (however I suspect that his price will be somewhat higher than 8 million come the end of the World Cup)

The fact that he made the squad ahead of the highly rated Michy Batshuayi is also pretty impressive.

The fact he made the squad ahead of Batshuayi says nothing to me. I'm not impressed by Wilmots and his choices and tactics.

After watching him come on in the first game, said to a mate spurs will be linked with him before end of group stages, its so lazy by Jurno's!

Liverpool are ready to pip Tottenham and Arsenal to Divock Origi by offering to loan him back to Lille for a season.

The 19-year-old has been Belgium's saviour at the World Cup and has drawn rave reviews.

Liverpool have watched him most of the season and want to beat the competition with a £6million bid and will send him back to France for a year to continue his development.

Origi seems keen too, having revealed it is his dream to one day feature in the Premier League.

But the youngster is keeping grounded while in Brazil and will not decide on his future yet.

'As a little boy I always dreamed of playing in the Premier League,' said Origi, as reported by the Express.

'But I'm still young and now I'm in an important tournament so I'm trying to focus on the team. Then my entourage will see with Lille what I will do.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2669955/Liverpool-ready-beat-Arsenal-Tottenham-Belgium-star-Divock-Origi-promising-loan-striker-Lille.html

Not good enough imo against USA and Argentina looked out of his depth. Lukaku did more in his late cameo against USA then Origi did all tournament. Missed so many good chances

Not good enough imo against USA and Argentina looked out of his depth. Lukaku did more in his late cameo against USA then Origi did all tournament. Missed so many good chances

Origi did more in his sub appearances than Lukaku managed all tournament. Just shows how much easier it is to play against tired defenders and a team chasing the game, giving you more space. People do tend to go overboard when someone does well as sub, demanding they start the next game.

Basically, neither good enough to be a starter for us. As an impact sub Origi would be preferable due to lower fee and wages and smaller ego.

Looked more of a left sided winger to me.

If he is an out and out striker then he is definitely not what we need.

Interesting, I didn't interpret him like that at all. He is not what we currently need I agree, might come good in a few years time though.

Hes just raw, the likelihood is he will end up being a good player....

agreed there but we really should he looking elsewhere. Seen nothing to impress me that he could help us at all in the immediate future. Rather stick with Kane to be honest he is a better finisher I don't think anyone can debate that

Reports everywhere that we are looking to hijack Liverpool's deal for Origi. I hope its a joke

Back