• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Fabio Paratici - Consultant

Signing of the summer right there.

Would like to see us sign more African players from Africa rather then waiting till they come to a European club and we have to sign them for big money. Reading the Guardians next generation there are a lot of promising young players out in Africa.

Agreed - bring him in, and it would make hiring Mourinho worth it by itself.

What would a DoF be ultimately responsible for? Would we still have a committee deciding on transfers? Do they conduct any fee or wage negotiations? Does the manager get to veto any first team signing they 100% don’t want?

I am a little blinkered when it comes to non Prem let alone non Spurs activity - What is it about this guy that would make him the right fit for us?

article here suggests losing Mitchell might have been a mistake:

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...lden-age-of-recruitment-transformed-tottenham

What would a DoF be ultimately responsible for? Would we still have a committee deciding on transfers? Do they conduct any fee or wage negotiations? Does the manager get to veto any first team signing they 400% don’t want?

I am a little blinkered when it comes to non Prem let alone non Spurs activity - What is it about this guy that would make him the right fit for us?

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...lden-age-of-recruitment-transformed-tottenham

It depends on the club, there isn't one model. We've always operated a committee under Levy, with the manager having the final say. Negotiations would probably be split between a DoF and Rebecca Caplehorn.

What would a DoF be ultimately responsible for? Would we still have a committee deciding on transfers? Do they conduct any fee or wage negotiations? Does the manager get to veto any first team signing they 400% don’t want?

Before Jose took the job, he spoke a lot about needing the right structure for whatever club he was going to join and was very pointed about wanting someone to manage the transfers (Google "Jose Mourinho" "Director of Football" and you can find it). With everything surrounding the new stadium, the virus, and all the other stuff, it's unrealistic to think that Daniel Levy should also be expected to handle the transfer targets, and Luis Campos could be that perfect bridge between our head scout (Steve something...), Levy (the chief negotiator), and Jose who manages the playing squad. He and LC have a long relationship that both have talked about, and Campos track record is pretty incredible when it comes to unearthing young talent at a low cost that can be sold on down the line. Jose, of course, will be abreast of guys with bigger Prem/Euro experience (targets like Hojbjerg, Willian, Meunier come to mind), but when it comes to finding someone who is crushing it in the French second division or whatever, Campos will be the man for that. Most importantly, it seems to be what Jose wants, and if we want him to succeed, I think Levy should do what he can to get this deal done.

Love what Mitchell has done with them but it is easy part to take a club that far. It is the finishing touch going to win a title that is the hard part.

All of our coaches are

I would feel a lot better about the immediate future in that case, Mourinho in for 2-3 years then the AM taking charge when Campos recruits have grounded themselves at the club

Why did Mitchell leave?

Any concrete rumours?

This has been spoken about before, so excuse me if I am repeating myself (a rare thing for me I'm sure you'll all agree :eek:)...

Mitchell wanted Mane and Winaldjum. One he might've ridden, but not both. He did not feel he was going to be given the support he felt was necessary, thus he quit. At the time, there was a great deal of flash speculation that Poch might go too, this proved to be bunkum. That was always the story I heard at the time. I remember hearing about Mitchell's departure near the end of pre-season, and was gutted. It was absolutely a mistake to lose him IMO, but we rode it out to an extent, albeit our recruitme3nt has simply not been what it was under him.

Poch also wanted mane didnt he.

I think the committee also considers our youth team, who in hindsight didnt deliver consistently as expected. Was good to see Mourinho immediately dipping into the transfer market and bringing in some much needed quality and competition at the youth level. I am hopeful it signifies a change in management and i feel we are ready for a new dof.

Hopefully ...because it is very important....someone Mou wants.
This has been spoken about before, so excuse me if I am repeating myself (a rare thing for me I'm sure you'll all agree :eek:)...

Mitchell wanted Mane and Winaldjum. One he might've ridden, but not both. He did not feel he was going to be given the support he felt was necessary, thus he quit. At the time, there was a great deal of flash speculation that Poch might go too, this proved to be bunkum. That was always the story I heard at the time. I remember hearing about Mitchell's departure near the end of pre-season, and was gutted. It was absolutely a mistake to lose him IMO, but we rode it out to an extent, albeit our recruitme3nt has simply not been what it was under him.

Sent from my SM-T865 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Wasnt it the CF from France that went to Chelsea that was rumoured to be the tippining point? Name escapes me

Back