• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Fabio Paratici - Consultant

We agreed the fee for diaz. He just prefers liverpool. Nothing to do with tough negotiating credentials. We signed 5 people in the summer.

?
It was in reply to a general conversation about whether it is Levy or Paratici now leading negotiations and continued from there.
I have already said it was inevitable Liverpool would come into the picture for Diaz, nothing we could do once they did.
And I know who we signed in the summer.

A lot of ifs in there, and we don't actually know if conte wanted him or that he wanted to come to us.
not really, it's been well known we've been after Traore. Not a maybe, literally EVERY MAN and his dog knows this.

The simple fact is if we wanted to have it done, we could have had the deal done last week. we fudged about for 27 days and what's that got us? Matt Doherty.

not really, it's been well known we've been after Traore. Not a maybe, literally EVERY MAN and his dog knows this.

The simple fact is if we wanted to have it done, we could have had the deal done last week. we fudged about for 27 days and what's that got us? Matt Doherty.
I love these ‘simple facts’ that aren’t facts at all. Barcelona had been reported as sniffing around him before it came out we was in for him. How do you know he wasn’t holding off to see if Barca followed through on their interest? I assume you was personally very close to the deal, and not just following Twitter journos updates which have proven time and time again not to be factual….

Hardly any links with Diaz to Liverpool until after Spurs bid was rejected. None of the journos with links to Liverpool claimed it was on. None.

Don't get me wrong, now Liverpool are in, of course we won't compete. But the fact is, we could have got this over the line if we made a bid that was required.

Reports in Portugal: Neither Diaz or Porto were ‘particularly seduced’ by the offer put forward by Tottenham last week with the winger ‘believing he could reach a higher level’.

If only Levy was this blaise with his own salary.

Hardly any links with Diaz to Liverpool until after Spurs bid was rejected. None of the journos with links to Liverpool claimed it was on. None.

Don't get me wrong, now Liverpool are in, of course we won't compete. But the fact is, we could have got this over the line if we made a bid that was required.

Reports in Portugal: Neither Diaz or Porto were ‘particularly seduced’ by the offer put forward by Tottenham last week with the winger ‘believing he could reach a higher level’.

We had a bid accepted.

I thought we had agreed terms with Diaz? And it was just the fee with Porto that was outstanding (which Liverpool have matched, rather than exceeded - or at least that's what I have seen reported, could all be bs of course).

The rebuild is not going well . Why have we dragged our heels again in January.

This squad is not great . We got 7/8 I’d keep rest can go. We need to move on our crap and get going.

It takes numerous windows. Personally apart from Romero who looks the part in the limited games we have seen him our Summer window was bang average . We are treading water and have been not great on the pitch for a few years. This window was important and a non league prospect and some average midfielder from Fiorentina are not going to cut it.

I can understand and feel the frustration around the fan base.

Honestly, the levels people go to on here to defend Levy and the English National Investment Company is unreal.

Clue's in the name lads and ladettes. Definition of insanity is doing the same thing and over and over and expecting different results.

They charge us the highest prices in the league. They pay the highest chairman salary in the league. But they wont ever behave like a top club in the league

Honestly, the levels people go to on here to defend Levy and the English National Investment Company is unreal.

Clue's in the name lads and ladettes. Definition of insanity is doing the same thing and over and over and expecting different results.

They charge us the highest prices in the league. They pay the highest chairman salary in the league. But they wont ever behave like a top club in the league

We just had a £48m bid accepted for a player.

But players will generally go to whoever pays them the highest wages. Agreeing a deal with the club is just half the battle.
There are 3.5 days to go, but there seems to be a huge contrast between the speed with which Liverpool do business and Spurs' way of wanting to finesse a deal for ever and a day, with the risk it all goes pear shaped. It's also amazing that we haven't even managed to offload Ndombele or Dele.
Still they say that there is nothing like a hanging to concentrate the mind...hopefully the ticking clock will focus minds on getting some deals done.

Why is it that teams like Leicester and Villa identify targets, then bring them in without much fuss, but Spurs continually, nearly every transfer, drags on. Must be something solely about us no?

Because you take a lot more notice of spurs transfers than those of other clubs. Leicester went for coutinho and missed out this window.

Er, hardly any confirmation that happened. As of yesterday all reports were we were around £4m apart. Today, the only person saying a deal was done was Michael Bridge who has close links to the Spurs hierarchy. No one else said a deal was done pretty much. And reports from Portugal the same.

Back