• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Fabio Paratici - Consultant

I'm pretty convinced that Levy and Enic is happy being top 4 challengers and breaking through once in a while. Do this long enough jt buys you time to sell sponsorships (on the promise of hope), develop property and build a sports event businesses with long term relationships with financial institutions. Keeps all the suits happy.

I'm pretty convinced that Levy and Enic is happy being top 4 challengers and breaking through once in a while. Do this long enough jt buys you time to sell sponsorships (on the promise of hope), develop property and build a sports event businesses with long term relationships with financial institutions. Keeps all the suits happy.

And yet, had we not had those three windows with no signings then maybe we could be in the CL now, thriving and with a higher turnover as a consequence and a higher profile. You have to speculate to accumulate, something an investment team should known only too well.

The investment for a new stadium was in hindsight literally that. We didn’t need a new stadium and money would have been better spent on the team. Look what other clubs have done by spending a similar amount in transfers as we have on the stadium.
White Hart Lane was a popular stadium. It had history, and was regularly rocking with atmosphere.
The acquisition of a new stadium is a bullet point on a list of selling points for us, and it is a great stadium, but it’s more of ‘added value’ at this point when it comes to the owners selling up. No point having a state of the art stadium but a midtable team.
Sunderland’s stadium was talked about in the past, they’re in league one now. Saudi Sportswashing Machine have a good stadium, they might be in the Championship next season.

In short. I like our stadium, I think it has potential. But I think in order to be successful as a football club, perhaps investment on the stadium was less vital than spending well on the team.

There is about a week left and I really, really, hope that I’m made to eat my words. But signs are ominous right now.

But why would Paratici take the Dof role if things weren't going to change? And Conte? Going back further Mourinho too... I wonder what dreams and hope Levy sold them. I bet the gag order was in a clause in the fine print too. Don't these things expire? Would love to hear Mourinhos side of the story.

The investment for a new stadium was in hindsight literally that. We didn’t need a new stadium and money would have been better spent on the team. Look what other clubs have done by spending a similar amount in transfers as we have on the stadium.
White Hart Lane was a popular stadium. It had history, and was regularly rocking with atmosphere.
The acquisition of a new stadium is a bullet point on a list of selling points for us, and it is a great stadium, but it’s more of ‘added value’ at this point when it comes to the owners selling up. No point having a state of the art stadium but a midtable team.
Sunderland’s stadium was talked about in the past, they’re in league one now. Saudi Sportswashing Machine have a good stadium, they might be in the Championship next season.

In short. I like our stadium, I think it has potential. But I think in order to be successful as a football club, perhaps investment on the stadium was less vital than spending well on the team.

There is about a week left and I really, really, hope that I’m made to eat my words. But signs are ominous right now.
'All that money we loaned for the stadium, we've decided to spend it on players instead. You okay with that Mr. Bank?'

But why would Paratici take the Dof role if things weren't going to change? And Conte? Going back further Mourinho too... I wonder what dreams and hope Levy sold them. I bet the gag order was in a clause in the fine print too. Don't these things expire? Would love to hear Mourinhos side of the story.
Always great to listen to a narcissists side of the story. I wouldn't say it's informative though, more funny.

Trump done some cracking 'why it all went wrong' videos

If only we had a rich owner that could actually invest once in a while.

but we don't, we are owned by an investment company that expect us to run as a self sustaining business to maintain the value of the asset, which we have been incredible successful at

expecting Lewis to fund purchases is like asking Warren Buffet to fund recruitment at Apple

but we don't, we are owned by an investment company that expect us to run as a self sustaining business to maintain the value of the asset, which we have been incredible successful at

expecting Lewis to fund purchases is like asking Warren Buffet to fund recruitment at Apple

But surely an investment company ought to want to maximise its value? And investment ‘could’ lead to the club being worth a lot more than it is if he keeps his hands in his pockets.

But surely an investment company ought to want to maximise its value? And investment ‘could’ lead to the club being worth a lot more than it is if he keeps his hands in his pockets.

How much investment? Chelsea and city have invested over a £billion each in players to get where they are. Moshiri £500m.

If they were not doing that, they wouldn’t have built the new stadium and training ground.

“Could”, is the key, they won’t take needless risks for low reward.

Looking at the increase in value of the business, they seem to know what they are doing.

When we were challenging for the title, and reaching the CL Final, we had three transfer windows of zero.

In 2012, when challenging for the title, we bought Ryan Nelsen and Louis Saha, instead of spending to push on by buying someone like Suarez.

We have two or three significant signings in January over the past seven or eight years.

Maybe a bit more spent than that. I love it that we have our new top level Stadium*, and training facilities, and manager. All that is excellent but we don’t have the team to go with that and that’s kinda a big deal.

* I do love our stadium but I’m just thinking priorities and whilst it’s a great new home, wouldn’t most people prefer to see a team playing great football and challenging for major honours? Picking up money from major competitions, higher profile sponsors etc surely it’s a football supporters lot too support the team, but also want them to be the very best that they can be

When we were challenging for the title, and reaching the CL Final, we had three transfer windows of zero.

In 2012, when challenging for the title, we bought Ryan Nelsen and Louis Saha, instead of spending to push on by buying someone like Suarez.

We have two or three significant signings in January over the past seven or eight years.

Maybe a bit more spent than that. I love it that we have our new top level Stadium*, and training facilities, and manager. All that is excellent but we don’t have the team to go with that and that’s kinda a big deal.

* I do love our stadium but I’m just thinking priorities and whilst it’s a great new home, wouldn’t most people prefer to see a team playing great football and challenging for major honours? Picking up money from major competitions, higher profile sponsors etc surely it’s a football supporters lot too support the team, but also want them to be the very best that they can be

Do you think we should spend our transfer budget in summer? Or not buy all the players we want so that we can spend some in january?

Everyone says january is a bad time to do business and is the time when bad business is usually done.

Yes we will be trying to get some in, but we need to get rid of some first.

The flip side of that, is that in windows where we did spend big money on primary targets, Ndombele for example, it was money wasted.

Transfers don’t always improve the team.

Last edited:
Do you think we should spend our transfer budget in summer? Or not buy all the players we want so that we can spend some in january?

Everyone says january is a bad time to do business and is the time when bad business is usually done.

Yes we will be trying to get some in, but we need to get rid of some first.

I think we need to identify the right times to spend. Not spending for three transfer windows probably wasn’t a good idea. Likewise, not spending when we have a chance to achieve real success doesn’t help.
I mean if we had had fresh players in 2018-19 maybe we could have rotated our players, had fresher players and ‘could’ have won the CL. Yes, it’s all ‘ifs and maybes’ but it couldn’t have hurt and those players could have been integrated in to the squad ready for the following season.

We have a top, top manager in charge. We have an opportunity to succeed and still we won’t sign any new players. Seems a weird way to conduct business but maybe that’s just my thinking.

I think we need to identify the right times to spend. Not spending for three transfer windows probably wasn’t a good idea. Likewise, not spending when we have a chance to achieve real success doesn’t help.
I mean if we had had fresh players in 2018-19 maybe we could have rotated our players, had fresher players and ‘could’ have won the CL. Yes, it’s all ‘ifs and maybes’ but it couldn’t have hurt and those players could have been integrated in to the squad ready for the following season.

We have a top, top manager in charge. We have an opportunity to succeed and still we won’t sign any new players. Seems a weird way to conduct business but maybe that’s just my thinking.

According to levys interview in the summer, poch was offered players but turned them down. Allegedly tielemans was one of those players.

Back