• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Fabio Paratici - Consultant

Not having Royal or Gollini. We should have had the lad the scum signed at RB and Paratici opted for Royal ? Surely question marks there.

Romero and Gil have been only plus points in his first window . State of our squad at present 50% success rate not going to cut it.

Royal War clearly signed as a rather defensive full back for Nunoball. He's shown himself to be a very good defensive full back. As is then natural he's not a great wing back. Probably wouldn't have been signed if Conte had signed in the summer.

If anything a good thing, finding players that fit the system the manager wants to play. But a manager change obviously throws some plans out the window.

Gollini is fine enough as a backup goalkeeper. Brought in on loan to be just that, something we needed.

No issues for me.

Not having Royal or Gollini. We should have had the lad the scum signed at RB and Paratici opted for Royal ? Surely question marks there.

Romero and Gil have been only plus points in his first window . State of our squad at present 50% success rate not going to cut it.

Be fair, Paratici has had one window and the players he signed have had 6 months. You can't judge the guy or his signings for a while yet. Royal is also a decent player if dogbrick at crossing.

Royal War clearly signed as a rather defensive full back for Nunoball. He's shown himself to be a very good defensive full back. As is then natural he's not a great wing back. Probably wouldn't have been signed if Conte had signed in the summer.

If anything a good thing, finding players that fit the system the manager wants to play. But a manager change obviously throws some plans out the window.

Gollini is fine enough as a backup goalkeeper. Brought in on loan to be just that, something we needed.

No issues for me.

That’s fair on Royal change of manager and system.

Gollini has been poor . Not good enough

That’s fair on Royal change of manager and system.

Gollini has been poor . Not good enough

For a backup goalkeeper with a limited budget. It's fine imo, certainly not a big issue.

Anyone he's spent real money on have been good. Had our transfers over the previous 5 years been at this level we would be flying.

Be fair, Paratici has had one window and the players he signed have had 6 months. You can't judge the guy or his signings for a while yet. Royal is also a decent player if dogbrick at crossing.

Royal has been average at best . As I posted above maybe harsh as change of manager and system. There were question marks about his ability when we signed him .

Let alone the fact all we are seriously being linked with at the minute is Traore this is raising concerns for me.

For a backup goalkeeper with a limited budget. It's fine imo, certainly not a big issue.

Anyone he's spent real money on have been good. Had our transfers over the previous 5 years been at this level we would be flying.
Not if your first choice is injured . You need to be able to rely on your back up. Gollini would cost us far to many points.

IMG_20220113_003517.jpg Gollini blind as a bat.

Emerson "cant cross to save my life" Royal. Barcelona laughing when they saw our offer, drove him to the Airport.

Pape Cafe Latte. We pay more on a reserve than Metz whole first 11.

Just give Conte the keys.

Last edited:
Royal has been average at best . As I posted above maybe harsh as change of manager and system. There were question marks about his ability when we signed him .

Let alone the fact all we are seriously being linked with at the minute is Traore this is raising concerns for me.

Royal has been hit and miss. I'd expect that from a young lad in a new league. The change of system, as you mention, also hasn't helped. I also think Romero has massive potential.

I'm with you on Traore but I can see the attraction. He plays in a way no one else does. If a manager could work on his weaknesses, he could be incredible. I'm just not convinced any manager can get that out of him at this stage.

No issues for me.

We've also not really seen Royal used at RCB, due to our lack of any RWB. He might fit into the puzzle there

Royal has been hit and miss. I'd expect that from a young lad in a new league. The change of system, as you mention, also hasn't helped. I also think Romero has massive potential.

I'm with you on Traore but I can see the attraction. He plays in a way no one else does. If a manager could work on his weaknesses, he could be incredible. I'm just not convinced any manager can get that out of him at this stage.
Romero has been good . A little rash at times. Gil looks like he could be a player.

Let’s hope our DOF pulls some decent deals off this window

There is little or no point in bringing in a director of football and conte if you are not gonna to back them properly.

He could go to Levy with a list of players and get it turned down.

we seem to be in a never ending repeating circle.

Royal was fine when we played 4 at the back. It's the unexpected change to 3 at the back that makes him look unsuited. A back 3 needs certain types of wide players, there aren't that many that actually suit the role of WB so it's a bit unfair to castigate Royal for not being the player for a role we didn't buy him for.

Royal was fine when we aged 4 at the back. It's the unexpected change to 3 at the back that makes him look unsuited. A back 3 needs certain type of wide players, there aren't that many that actually suit the role of WB so it's a bit unfair to castigate Royal for not being the player for a role we didn't buy him for.
I agree
We buy a RWB and play him right back and left wing back (I think from memory Doherty has played less than double figures at RWB). We now have IMO a very solid right back and we need….. a wing back. It’s just so Tottenham
And @Gutter Boy i agree that Royal looks ideal for a RCB role too. Decent in the air and good 1 on 1… but I’d need to see better passing

Have to agree
Although attempting to defend Gollini when he can’t defend himself is worrying… his must use dishwashers gloves I reckon
You always see the benefit of a DOF when their gone.

Royal is an excellent right back. His defending is spot on. Few forwards get anything from him. But he is not an attacker. He is currently learning to be a wing-back, which means being able to attack. It is not something he's used to. But as a defender, he is excellent.

Last edited:
Royal is an excellent left back. His defending is spot on. Few forwards get anything from him. But he is not an attacker. He is currently learning to be a wing-back, which means being able to attack. It is not something he's used to. But as a defender, he is excellent.

he’s not bad on the right either ;)

Back