• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Fabio Paratici - Consultant

I definitely think it's the other way round. Against Mura for instance Lo Celso, Gil and Alli were quite on it, but the movement by Scarlett was just not there. I'm firmly in the camp that it's too soon for him and keeping trying him at the moment is actually doing harm to his long term development.

That is not true. Only Gil was 'on it' and wasn't exceptional either.

He had a lot to answer for, going for Nuno when a host of other managers were available like Erik Tan Hag who signed a new contract with Ajax after it was made clear to him that he was not going to get the Spurs job

He had a lot to answer for, going for Nuno when a host of other managers were available like Erik Tan Hag who signed a new contract with Ajax after it was made clear to him that he was not going to get the Spurs job

I disagree..i think we were all over the shop with our attempts at choosing a manager and in the end looked like timewasters..

Remember Levy and Hitchen didn't want Nuno. They thought he would be too defensive.

Then Mr PR know it all came in from Serie A and decided that Nuno was the man for the job. This after he appointed Pirlo last season.

To be fair Paratici wanted Gautusso right? I feel sorry for Nuno. He's had the Kane shyte, the Argie covid stuff, and he's following in Mourinho's footsteps, tasked with playing more attractive football, while following Mourinho's basic philosophy.

I disagree..i think we were all over the shop with our attempts at choosing a manager and in the end looked like timewasters..

What is it that you actually disagree with? There were better managers available and we screwed it up and ended with Nuno. Tan Hag for one was available, but there were others. Nino was available at the beginning of the summer if we wanted him but we did not. Our DoF was in charge of things and has a lot to answer for. Both the Wolves fans and the ownership were happy to see the back of Nuno so how come all of a sudden he is good enough for us?

What is it that you actually disagree with? There were better managers available and we screwed it up and ended with Nuno. Tan Hag for one was available, but there were others. Nino was available at the beginning of the summer if we wanted him but we did not. Our DoF was in charge of things and has a lot to answer for. Both the Wolves fans and the ownership were happy to see the back of Nuno so how come all of a sudden he is good enough for us?

Sorry, i should have been more clear: I disagree that Tan Haag signed a new deal after it was clear he wouldn't get a job with us. I actually think he walked away from us after we wasted time etc.
I agree that ending up with Nuno after all that time showed how shambolic our search was (and i suspect that's down to Levy changing agreements, terms etc at the last minute as we have often heard is the case over the years)

Sorry, i should have been more clear: I disagree that Tan Haag signed a new deal after it was clear he wouldn't get a job with us. I actually think he walked away from us after we wasted time etc.
I agree that ending up with Nuno after all that time showed how shambolic our search was (and i suspect that's down to Levy changing agreements, terms etc at the last minute as we have often heard is the case over the years)

What was the point of a new stadium when you have a brick team and manager

His first choice for manager was Jorges Mendes client Gattuso.
His second choice for manager was Jorges Mendes client Nuno.
And now the name being put forward is Jorges Mendes client Sergio Conceição.

Did Mendes obtain compromising photos of Paratici during the Ronaldo/Juventus negotiations or something?
Surely his job is to identify the best manager for the club.
Not just whoever Mendes tells him to appoint.

His first choice for manager was Jorges Mendes client Gattuso.
His second choice for manager was Jorges Mendes client Nuno.
And now the name being put forward is Jorges Mendes client Sergio Conceição.

Did Mendes obtain compromising photos of Paratici during the Ronaldo/Juventus negotiations or something?
Surely his job is to identify the best manager for the club.
Not just whoever Mendes tells him to appoint.

This predated Paratici. Our association with Mendes started with Mourinho. Now he seems to have a hold over the club, as many of us predicted he might even back then.

Mourinho. Doherty. Vinicius. Nuno. And it isn't even like we're getting the prize bits of his stable like Neves or Joao Felix- we're getting the absolute worst dregs he can't be bothered with. Doherty and Nuno being the prime examples.

If Conceicao is the next bloke in, I guarantee you he will be shipped off faster than Nuno. Bloke is renowned for his defensive dogsh*t, and doesn't have much of a record to back up his preference for that style of play either - Nuno with attitude, or basically a far worse Mourinho.

Dunno if Paratici realizes this, but if he goes with another defensive waste like Conceicao, when the inevitable sacking happens in February, he will be going too.

Gallardo is available come December. Get Gallardo. Get on a plane, fly out to fudging Buenos Aires, and give him post-match blowjobs all the way through to the end of his River Plate contract if it means getting him in.

If not Gallardo, there are other cheap as chips options our worthless chairman and his worthless boss will agree to who play decent football. Get Favre instead. Try for Marcelino at Bilbao.

But do *not* go for a Mendes client after this, please.

This predated Paratici. Our association with Mendes started with Mourinho. Now he seems to have a hold over the club, as many of us predicted he might even back then.

Mourinho. Doherty. Vinicius. Nuno. And it isn't even like we're getting the prize bits of his stable like Neves or Joao Felix- we're getting the absolute worst dregs he can't be bothered with. Doherty and Nuno being the prime examples.

If Conceicao is the next bloke in, I guarantee you he will be shipped off faster than Nuno. Bloke is renowned for his defensive dogsh*t, and doesn't have much of a record to back up his preference for that style of play either - Nuno with attitude, or basically a far worse Mourinho.

Dunno if Paratici realizes this, but if he goes with another defensive waste like Conceicao, when the inevitable sacking happens in February, he will be going too.

Gallardo is available come December. Get Gallardo. Get on a plane, fly out to fudging Buenos Aires, and give him post-match blowjobs all the way through to the end of his River Plate contract if it means getting him in.

If not Gallardo, there are other cheap as chips options our worthless chairman and his worthless boss will agree to who play decent football. Get Favre instead. Try for Marcelino at Bilbao.

But do *not* go for a Mendes client after this, please.

Ill book your ticket to Buenos Aires .... ill even throw in your favourite shade of lipstick.

Maybe the problem was Paratici didn’t have to sit through the tedium of Mourinho. Appointing a manager who learnt his trade under Mourinho and essentially has the same core setup seemed odd at the time, and clearly the fans (maybe the players too) don’t have time for it.

That we give the ball away 9 times out of 10 when we try to break means we either don’t have the right players for this system or don’t have the patience to adapt to it. It’s probably the latter.

Maybe the problem was Paratici didn’t have to sit through the tedium of Mourinho. Appointing a manager who learnt his trade under Mourinho and essentially has the same core setup seemed odd at the time, and clearly the fans (maybe the players too) don’t have time for it.

That we give the ball away 9 times out of 10 when we try to break means we either don’t have the right players for this system or don’t have the patience to adapt to it. It’s probably the latter.

It used to be that our players were just drilled in one system - the core of Poch's team knew how to play one way, and no other. It's one of the consequences of the all-aspect gegenpressing philosophy - the formations can change (and often did - Poch was a master at in-game changes), but the overall philosophy remains the same. Because every single aspect of the club's approach, from recruitment (fitness and hunger first) to tactics to training, is geared around implementing that style, and there's no time to drill other approaches.

Additionally, the style itself creates an overreliance on pressing as the main and only method of chance creation (pressing up high to force turnovers), defending (likewise, reducing the opponent's time on the ball) and positioning (always oriented to the opponent's players to trigger pressing traps). It does this because it's arguably the most effective way to do those things and it can turn limited players into effective ones in the right system - but the downside is, it robs players of a lot of practice in using their natural abilities to overcome defenses without the press (by retaining the ball well, playing smart passes, waiting for your moment).

It's also susceptible to collapsing when players just don't have the belief to do the running anymore - that's what happened to us when we failed, and what Liverpool avoided by succeeding and reinforcing faith in their system when they did. And it tends to fail as we've seen - players can't trap a ball of cement, can't pass well, can't dribble well, make wrong decisions in and out of possession. Because they haven't had to use those skills much when they relied on pressing-based chance creation, defending and positioning - to relearn the ability-based approach over the tactics-based approach mid-career is hard, and it made fools out of a lot of our bunch. Dortmund were the exact same way at the end of Klopp's tenure when the belief failed.

Poch saw this. He saw how his system was failing slowly as the team lost belief. He wanted a refresh, a renewal - he begged for one for a long time, but that worthless waste of an owner and his mediocre henchman of a chairman didn't believe it necessary. And then, ultimately, his system died, and he was sacked - the man who led us to the cusp of glory, gone because he wasn't listened to.And Mourinho, his replacement, while a flawed manager and even more flawed man, he saw this - he would have to oversee a transition from fitness-based team pressing to a more naturalistic, individualistic style of chance creation and game management. He tried - he set up a defense and then his instructions to the team were basically to let the attackers create. But the players couldn't overcome their innate flaws in time to actually get used to the death of Poch's system, and the odious man failed as Poch did.

In our case, the biggest victim of the death of Poch's system is Dele - he's the ultimate single-role player, who looks good as a false nine in a pressing-based system where he doesn't have to hold onto the ball, make long passes or really do much other than press (which he does excellently), make short, instinctive passes and run into the box. When asked to play a more cerebral, slower game, he's always, always struggled, for England and Spurs. It's no coincidence.

So, part of our decline is down to that. But not all of it, because we've bought players who weren't drilled in that system (Bergwijn, Lo Celso, Ndombele et al) and they've still turned out sh*te. So the other part of it is also present - it's just no one knows what the f*ck it is.

These times are Paratici's to sort out by definition. IF Levy lets him do his job Which is in no way guaranteed.

If Paratici was smart, he'd be on his way to Paris now. He'd break into the PSG car park. He'd hotwire Poch's car. And he'd then drive it into Messi's car several times. He'd then leave a few empty bottles of Malbec at the scene, along with a little 'souvenir' in messi's drivers seat. Then he'd scarper, knowing everything would fall into place

Last edited:
Back