• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Fabio Paratici - Consultant

Sounds like David Brent. Absolute mumbo jumbo.

How about a little honesty. We need patient opportunistic players of at least the second order of talent willing to accept a 1/25 shot of winning the league or fighting a 1/50 chance of relegation.

What he is saying is that he/the club are no longer willing to sanction expensive wildcard known pain in the arse talents whose overall contribution tends to be negative.

... "but first of all, the players.... " . I like that part as it's slightly unusual. Most of our PR pitches would go safe like "the team" . To me it's backing Nuno and making the players know they are being watched. And of course around the time that Dele was benched so might have even been a direct message at him.

Sent from my SM-T865 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

What is he supposed to say?

He's taking a more public role, that's fine. He has to mix a bit of honesty with a fair bit of caution. That's fine.

Romero has started well. Emerson has started well. Gil has started well. All were signed knowing that if things went right they'd be better 12 months from now than they are now. And better still 12 months from that. All filled gaps we needed to fill. Can't ask much more than what they've shown so far.

Given how slow and poor starts have been in the past for quite a few of our higher profile signings I see this as a sign of progress.

It reminds me of a quote from The Man in the Overcoat who once managed us. "Managers love it when good players work hard" (or something to that effect).

Whatever else you may think of him, it's hard to disagree.

Yeah...but i have to admit i was thinking of someone far more recent...

What is he supposed to say?

He's taking a more public role, that's fine. He has to mix a bit of honesty with a fair bit of caution. That's fine.

Romero has started well. Emerson has started well. Gil has started well. All were signed knowing that if things went right they'd be better 12 months from now than they are now. And better still 12 months from that. All filled gaps we needed to fill. Can't ask much more than what they've shown so far.

Given how slow and poor starts have been in the past for quite a few of our higher profile signings I see this as a sign of progress.

I do not think it matters what he says in some folks eyes they will always dismiss it as rubbish.

Eh. I'll take it over Levy's staged Comical Ali propaganda video from the summer - at the very least, Paratici hasn't been here long enough for the cliches to become trite yet.

I'll point out that he made one astute observation that rings very true - the players need to think positively independently of what's going on around them. These mental midgets that we presently have at the club are too easily beaten, and too easily wither in the face of even the smallest thing going wrong. They need to shut everything out and not let themselves be beaten before they even kick a ball.

Sounds like David Brent. Absolute mumbo jumbo.

How about a little honesty. We need patient opportunistic players of at least the second order of talent willing to accept a 1/25 shot of winning the league or fighting a 1/50 chance of relegation.

What he is saying is that he/the club are no longer willing to sanction expensive wildcard known pain in the arse talents whose overall contribution tends to be negative.
Good GHod man, have a look at what you typed out there.

Eh. I'll take it over Levy's staged Comical Ali propaganda video from the summer - at the very least, Paratici hasn't been here long enough for the cliches to become trite yet.

I'll point out that he made one astute observation that rings very true - the players need to think positively independently of what's going on around them. These mental midgets that we presently have at the club are too easily beaten, and too easily wither in the face of even the smallest thing going wrong. They need to shut everything out and not let themselves be beaten before they even kick a ball.

I think to many of them have been here for to long.

Hopefully some of our newer signings will prove a good addition in this regard. So far at least some promising signs.

If you're right that this statement indicates that Paratici has seen something he doesn't like with our mentality his job will be to help fix that through signings. Getting the right mix of players in.

Personally I think Paratici did absolute wonders this summer with a transfer budget of only £30m along with a directive to slash the wage bill while only spending that amount on transfer fees.

Same and you can see a method in it, rightly or wrongly and he will live by that, but its a good start

Same and you can see a method in it, rightly or wrongly and he will live by that, but its a good start

Yes. If we have another window like it next summer bringing in another 3 like Romero, Gil and Emerson (even ignoring Gollini and Sarr) and then shifting out a few like Doherty, Sanchez, Winks etc, then we should have a young squad with decent potential going into next season

Just means that this season is a transition season. The challenge is to try to make sure we're still appealing to the right quality players next summer

Decent enough interview i thought. But why is it that the questions the fans really want to ask are never asked?

If it was me doing that interview: "Fabio, why don't we have a backup striker in the squad when it's clear that we need one?", "What was the problem, why couldn't you get it done?", "Are you going to get one in January?"

Decent enough interview i thought. But why is it that the questions the fans really want to ask are never asked?

If it was me doing that interview: "Fabio, why don't we have a backup striker in the squad when it's clear that we need one?", "What was the problem, why couldn't you get it done?", "Are you going to get one in January?"
Because I doubt we would like the answers....

Q: Fabio, why don't we have a backup striker in the squad when it's clear that we need one?
A: Because we have fcuk all money, had to cut the wage bill and needed to prioritise first team players

Q: What was the problem, why couldn't you get it done?
A: We've got fudge all money, had to cut the wage bill and needed to priroritise first team players

Q: "Are you going to get one in January?
A: No. I keep telling you we've got fudge all money and had to cut the wage bill but you don't seem to be listening! ;)

Q: Fabio, why don't we have a backup striker in the squad when it's clear that we need one?
A: Because we have fcuk all money, had to cut the wage bill and needed to prioritise first team players

A: We've got fudge all money, had to cut the wage bill and needed to priroritise first team players

A: No. I keep telling you we've got fudge all money and had to cut the wage bill but you don't seem to be listening! ;)

You make a good point but I would hope we could afford even a loan or free signing.

Would have gone for Troy Deeney in the summer as a 1 year back up Europa conference league type thing.

So why didn’t we buy 3 more players?

We also have a promising 17 year old forward who needs games. Great to see Scarlett getting games. Invaluable expereince. Would have him playing over a washed up journeyman.

Back