• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Fabio Paratici - Consultant

So technically Thursday is his first day on job?

Anyone think announcements waiting on him actually being in role?

That or we’re keeping things very quiet out of respect for the new manager being still involved in the Euros. Could be either or both I suppose.
Or we’re still scrambling around looking for someone.

So technically Thursday is his first day on job?

Anyone think announcements waiting on him actually being in role?

We are pleased to announce that with Fabio now officially assuming his role as Managing Director of Football, the search for a new first team head coach can begin in earnest. :(

Looking at the RB from Bologna that we are after apparently.... the way the transfer is going seems to be Levy up to his usual self.

Patrici will walk sooner rather than later. Just seems like a glorified scout with Levy still being a taco in the market.

Dam I hoped things would have been different.

There's a couple of million difference in valuation and Paratici is leading negotiations. You don't go in with your best bid. Let's see where we get to before jumping to conclusions

Of course you do not.

Other clubs seem to be very quick in negotiating and getting things across the line .... levy just loves a haggle.

Of course you do not.

Other clubs seem to be very quick in negotiating and getting things across the line .... levy just loves a haggle.
This ‘other clubs get things done quick’ line that gets spun is utter nonsense. It’s just that you pay less attention to other clubs speculation and don’t see all the links. Other than Chelsea and Emirates Marketing Project most other clubs have to haggle, we would all like deals done instantly but that’s not reality for us. For example I read a couple of weeks ago Leicester were on the verge of signing Daka, yet it was only actually completed the other day…..

This ‘other clubs get things done quick’ line that gets spun is utter nonsense. It’s just that you pay less attention to other clubs speculation and don’t see all the links. Other than Chelsea and Emirates Marketing Project most other clubs have to haggle, we would all like deals done instantly but that’s not reality for us. For example I read a couple of weeks ago Leicester were on the verge of signing Daka, yet it was only actually completed the other day…..

Really? How do you know how much attention I pay to other clubs?

How many transfers have fallen through due to our negotiations? Its not a one off, this is our modus operandi under Levy, if you can see that... then you probably need to pay a bit more attention yourself.

Bang on

Looking at the RB from Bologna that we are after apparently.... the way the transfer is going seems to be Levy up to his usual self.

Patrici will walk sooner rather than later. Just seems like a glorified scout with Levy still being a taco in the market.

I think you need to give half a chance to someone who's only been in his role officially for one full day so far, although he's no doubt been doing some level of work in the background. Going by the Lilywhite Rose tweet, if there's any substance in the figures (and this time of year we all need shovels of salt), there's only a couple of million euros plus add-ons between the clubs. That doesn't sound insurmountable in itself if the player wants to join us and Bologna are prepared to sell him.
We also saw when Paratici was introduced that Levy praised him as being a strong negotiator (exactly what you'd want from our DoF) in which case there's no need for Levy to be directly involved in the negotiations, and nothing right now to suggest he is.

I think you need to give half a chance to someone who's only been in his role officially for one full day so far, although he's no doubt been doing some level of work in the background. Going by the Lilywhite Rose tweet, if there's any substance in the figures (and this time of year we all need shovels of salt), there's only a couple of million euros plus add-ons between the clubs. That doesn't sound insurmountable in itself if the player wants to join us and Bologna are prepared to sell him.
We also saw when Paratici was introduced that Levy praised him as being a strong negotiator (exactly what you'd want from our DoF) in which case there's no need for Levy to be directly involved in the negotiations, and nothing right now to suggest he is.

Agree with all of that, just seems all too familiar from previous.

Really? How do you know how much attention I pay to other clubs?

How many transfers have fallen through due to our negotiations? Its not a one off, this is our modus operandi under Levy, if you can see that... then you probably need to pay a bit more attention yourself.
How quickly do you usually see other clubs get deals done from the time credible or somewhat credible rumours appear to the deal being done? Not a one off example, but more of a guess at an estimated average?

When would this deal have to be done for it to fall into a similar range?

A 12.9 million opening bid for a player thought to be valued at 15 million is anything but Daniel Levy.... That opening bid is a good one, not too far away from the mark where the difference is likely to be quite easy to make up in bonuses. A Daniel Levy opening bid for this player would've been about £5m, with that going up by £0.2m a day until transfer deadline day when we'd suddenly offer £25m when it's too late for the selling club to get a replacement.

I see this news of a decent bid in nice and early for (seemingly) a decent, slightly under the radar player, as a very, very promising start by our new DoF.

Last edited:
Back