1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Please read this post: https://www.glory-glory.co.uk/community/threads/fund-raising-for-jeremy-yermiyahu.10542/
    Dismiss Notice

Dilan Markanday

Discussion in 'Spurs News & Views' started by Lilbaz, 18 Nov 2021.

1. Lilbaz

Lilbaz Roman Pavlyuchenko

Anyone seen more than youtube clips? Looks a nice little player from these clips. Glad to see players with indian heritage doing well. They make up a large part of our population but don't seem to make an impact as footballers.

If he could make it. It would be huge for us.

2. Daisuk

Daisuk Ian Walker

Windy on The Extra Inch seems to be praising him quite a lot. Let's hope he's one to make it! :)

Lilbaz likes this.
  3. NaijaSpurs

NaijaSpurs Johnny Morrison

The first thing we need to do is get him to sign a new contract, and then send him on loan in January so he can get experience of men's football.

4. SteveAWOL

SteveAWOL Luka Modric

I was just thinking that this guy deserves his own thread!

Lilbaz likes this.
  5. richie_spur

richie_spur Helder Postiga

Bedfordspurs and Lilbaz like this.
  6. Yiddo

Yiddo Jimmy Neighbour

I’ll wait until he is regularly in the first team ripping it up. Until then he is just another Edwards, Parrot, Onomah, etc etc.

7. Danishfurniturelover

Danishfurniturelover the prettiest spice girl

Already better then Lucas.

8. milo

milo Jack L. Jones Staff Member

I saw him play in pre-season. He was very good.

I have slight concerns about his future with us. He is out of contract in the summer and I have heard that some German clubs have been monitoring him. He is not going to get first team opportunities under Conte and isn't a natural fit for his system. I think that we should try and get him to sign an extension and send him out on loan in January and next season.

Lilbaz likes this.
  9. Finney Is Back

Finney Is Back Cecil Poynton

The fact that he played more of a part in the first team and the club have been promoting him a bit recently makes me think that something might be close in terms of a contract.

Lilbaz likes this.
  10. milo

I hope so. The not giving chances until you sign a new contract manoeuvre has caused us problems in the past. Realistically, he's looking at a couple of seasons out on loan before he's going to get a chance with us. I could understand it if he fancied running down his contract and going to the Bundesliga instead.

harr1984 and Bedfordspurs like this.
  11. Gutter Boy

Gutter Boy Tim Sherwood

It's about time we had another academy player really pushing his way into the 25. Skipp and Tanganga seem on great trajectories, but it needs to be a conveyor belt with one or two every season. Him, John and Devine sound real contenders.

It's also nice to see one a bit more of a flair player too - we've had a decade of mostly tidy allround CMs coming through

12. braineclipse

braineclipse Les Howe

Difficult to see a trajectory for him at this point with us. Already 20 barely had a sniff at first team football. Contract running out. New manager with more of a short term focus.

New contract and loan would be good, but not sure if he would sign it.

milo likes this.
  13. Lilbaz

With players away on international duty. Hopefully got a chance to train with the seniors. Thought i saw a glimpse of him in yesterdays training vid.

papaspur, FolkestoneSpur and harr1984 like this.
  14. Danishfurniturelover

Danishfurniturelover the prettiest spice girl

Everything I hear about Lusala sounds promising.

I still have hopes Parrott will come through once he has had 50 league games to find his feet. I am tinkled Madueke could not come through here.

My best mate is a Sunderland fan and raves about Cirkin. Him and a defender from City called Doyle are their best players.

15. NaijaSpurs

At the same age there was no evidence to suggest that Kane would become the player he has.

16. milo

The difference is where the club is now and we have a coach in who doesn't give many opportunities to young players. With little more than six months on his contract, the risk of Markanday leaving in the summer is real.

diego_maradona likes this.
  17. diego_maradona

diego_maradona Steffen Iversen Staff Member

Would mean the world to a whole community to see Markanday make it, especially at Spurs. Just takes him taking one opportunity. Could be the difference. Looks very talented, here's hoping.

18. NaijaSpurs

I note that he has been training with the first team this week, I am hopeful that Conte appreciates he has a talent with potential in Markanday.

People say Conte does not play young players but I note Pogba left Utd because Fergie felt he was not ready for the first team. He went to Juventus where Conte immediately integrated him into the first team.

I am not for one moment suggesting that will happen here, just that I am more optimistic that Markanday will make it than I was with Kane at the same age.

MKSpur likes this.
  19. Lilbaz

Agree with you (although i liked kane, thought he could be like sheringham). Although i think we often get excited at the skillful players like edwards or patrick roberts, pritchard at young ages.

Really hope he makes it though. But i do for every youngster at spurs.

NaijaSpurs and K.D.D.D.D.Soc like this.
  20. K.D.D.D.D.Soc

K.D.D.D.D.Soc Nick Barmby

Many would like to see our youngters given a chance, but most want to see a ready made star filling that spot and wouldnt want to wait for the time it takes for them to reach the right level.

Danishfurniturelover likes this.