• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Did you take anything?

Robbo

Les Ferdinand
If you were one of the lucky ones at WHL today, did you manage to bring home a souvernir? Your seat? A piece of grass? A goalpost? Glenn Hoddle.

Saw a guy on Facebook trying to keep his bit of WHL grass/soil alive, so that he could replant it in his garden when he came back to Norway.

Last edited:
Is it? The seats are gunna get demolished anyway tomorrow. Club should have just given fans the option to have their own seat without having to buy it.

I think so. How would you feel if you'd coughed up the fifty quid for your seat only to discover some selfish рrісk had smashed it up and taken it with him?

There were four guys in vests confiscating seats, but I decided to go for it anyway. Put my jacket over the seat and waited for a crowd to gather. As soon as I saw the two stewards on the outside move to the side to grab a guy I went. Just as I'm about to step through the door everyone stops. One steward turns back and I swear he was looking straight at me as I slowly moved past him. I was just waiting for someone to grab the seat, but suddenly I found myself on the other side of the street. Decided to take a little detour rather than go past the south stand. Stupid doorman at the pub wouldn't let me bring the seat inside, so a few of us just went back to our hotel before grabbing something to eat. I've never before felt so worn out after a game. Finished the evening by watching MOTD in bed.

Memories.

I can hardly remember first game at the Lane. A low scoring game against Forest with my father and grandfather. My grandfather himself was taken as a young kid by his father and uncles when it was standing only. Must have been in the 1930s (!) and been quite intimidating for a young kid with the crowd surging around you.

Back