• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I liked Erik Lamela before it was cool

I don't understand what point you're making? You've said to me the same thing I've said to you. I don't know whether you're agreeing with me or trying to put up a counter argument.

I'm agreeing in part. But my initial point was that when English football was supposedly cursed by a lack of intelligence, English clubs (with British players/managers/coaches) dominated Europe for a decade. That's just a fact. Since becoming more intelligent (apparently) we've done quite badly in Europe, relative to that period. I don't really have anything else to add.

Erik Lamela’s Tottenham season is exactly as good as you think it is
https://cartilagefreecaptain.sbnati...tatsbomb-radar-2018-19-premier-league-my-king
--------------------------------------------------
What Sky Sports commentator Martin Tyler has said about Spurs star Erik Lamela this season
https://www.football.london/tottenham-hotspur-fc/players/tottenham-news-erik-lamela-sky-15440563
"Erik Lamela has been one of the outstanding players in the Premier League this season - a great recovery from his long-term injury problems," Tyler said .
"He is becoming the player that Tottenham thought they had bought in the first place before injury struck."
------------------------------------------------------
From flop to hit: Tottenham forward Erik Lamela's transformation has been quite extraordinary

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/11/...tenham-forward-erik-lamelas-transformation-h/
------------------------------------------------------
Tottenham ace Erik Lamela's performance hailed by Argentine press

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/11/...amelas-performance-hailed-by-argentine-press/
Argentine newspaper La Nacion awarded Lamela as their man-of-the-match in the 2-0 victory.
The paper's headline led their player by player reviews from the game with a headline which read, 'the return of Erik Lamela, the best'.
Lamela was awarded the joint highest player rating and praised for his efforts.
La Nacion wrote: "Elegant, fast, sharp, an intelligent and lucid player to provide the penultimate pass or attack the goal. A promising return and the man of the match."

--------------------------------------------

Everywhere he goes, Lamela seems to be impressing everyone ! After impressing the English media, now he seems to have impressed the Argentine media ! He got the deserved praise as he got the assist for Argentina's first goal V Mexico, almost scored a goal himself, went into crunching tackles, getting himself a yellow card and almost getting the second yellow card in the process ! For all the praises he is getting, he only seems to be missing a European and World player of the year award nomination !:D

Last edited:
I didn't see it myself, but my wife tells me he wasn't wearing it when the camera cut to the bench a little while after he was subbed off. Makes me think he was wearing it to take the tinkle out of Foyth.

Most likely some health and safety rules.

He had a cut there from a previous games, needs to keep it covered during the game sort of thing.

Same as swapping shirts if they get bloody etc.

It’s disappointing he’s out but not a huge surprise. It feels like he’s been unavailable for half the games in his time here.

@THFC6061 - do you have any stats on games played during Poch’s tenure, would be intrigued to see how many Lamela, dembele etc have missed compared to the likes of Kane and Dier.

My player of the season so far, just hope that he does not revert to type with injuries. If we could get him to play in even just 70% of the games we have left this season I think it would boast the team a lot.

I'm agreeing in part. But my initial point was that when English football was supposedly cursed by a lack of intelligence, English clubs (with British players/managers/coaches) dominated Europe for a decade. That's just a fact. Since becoming more intelligent (apparently) we've done quite badly in Europe, relative to that period. I don't really have anything else to add.

I often wondered whether the high pace game that we have always played in this country was actually a fore runner to the pressing thing that seems so in vogue at the moment. I have to say the skill level has improved so much in my time watching football. Foreign coaches and players certainly had a massive part to play in this, though I think young English coaches and players are probably good enough to do it for themselves now.

It’s disappointing he’s out but not a huge surprise. It feels like he’s been unavailable for half the games in his time here.

@THFC6061 - do you have any stats on games played during Poch’s tenure, would be intrigued to see how many Lamela, dembele etc have missed compared to the likes of Kane and Dier.
FWIW... according to https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/erik-lamela/

Since Pochettino took charge:

Eriksen has played 17,007 minutes over 207 games
Kane has played 16,608 minutes over 207 games
Dier has played 16,439 minutes over 197 games
Dembele has played 10,315 minutes over 166 games
Lamela has played 9,058 minutes over 152 games

No surprise to see that Lamela and Dembele have made far fewer appearances than their peers, hopefully Lamela just needs more time to recover from surgery but I’m not confident that Dembele will be able to regularly summon up beast-mode as his injury plagued career enters its twilight.

B242EF27-959A-4111-9B1A-F27BD7E18AA3.jpeg

Last edited:
Back