• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dele Alli

Congrats to him! :)

Must be flying right now. Big move sorted out, scoring goals for fun young player of the year. Direct promotion still a possibility, and if not they will probably be going into the play-off in form.

Will be interesting to see what happens with him in the summer. Hopeful that he's already good enough to be involved in our first team squad, but if not a loan move might be a very good idea.

I think we may need to take a gamble on some of these youngsters now as if we do not do well next season Poch could be out of a job and we could end up with a manager that does not trust the youth.

goal scoring attacking midfielder, likes to shoot from outside the box, physique, we beat Liverpool to his signature:)

hmmmm....or...flatters to deceive before being frustrated on the bench ;)

Tbf, he does look good, but giving him that label will surely doom him to failure!

don't recall bale going out on loan and he turned out fine

Cab see the scope of going out on loan unless it is to a mid table Premiership team and even then, what will it achieve? We know that the kid can cut it; it's whether he can cut it in our colours, our game style and our level that needs to be determined

A bit off topic here, but did anyone see the rest of the awards? I can't believe that Bamford won the football league player of the year. He's been decent, but certainly not to that sort of level.

I've seen plenty of MK dons and my bro was out in town with Dele Alli a month or so ago. He is not an attacking midfielder, he is very much box to box and hardworking. I'm really impressed with his goals and he may well develop into an attacking player like lampard but right now he is more viera esque IMO

And when he was out in town he turned down loads of drink offers from everyone and stuck to soft drinks... But there were loads of Bedford spurs around so he may have struggled to buy himself one if he tried

So do people think he is a number 10? i don't know where people are getting that from as a friend of mine (Dons season ticket holder) says he is a deeper midfielder and has also played the protector aswell.

So do people think he is a number 10? i don't know where people are getting that from as a friend of mine (Dons season ticket holder) says he is a deeper midfielder and has also played the protector aswell.

That's exactly my point. His goal returned reflects clear natural instant and ability above the standard he is playing but he is currently a box to box type and reminds me of Viera

Interesting, cheers Bedford and others. Haven't had the chance to see him play myself :)

Definitely looks more athletic than Sigurdsson to me from the highlights videos at least (as per the comparison above).

Europa League is looking very likely. That's 6 games + qualifiers for the first half of the season, add in 1 or 2 League Cup games and a handful of PL games and all of a sudden a player like Alli could be getting 10+ games for us in the first half season whilst being a squad player in the league.

Will probably be given assessed in games and training during pre-season and then a decision will be made on a loan deal?

Back