1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Please read this post: https://www.glory-glory.co.uk/community/threads/fund-raising-for-jeremy-yermiyahu.10542/
    Dismiss Notice

Dele Alli

Discussion in 'Classic Threads' started by Denmark Spur, 2 Feb 2015.

1. mjc23

mjc23 Steve Hodge

A sad but inevitable conclusion to his Spurs career. Gave us a lot of brilliant moments to celebrate but the system from the last few managers hasn't been set up for Dele to utilise his strengths.
    As with many, a brilliant player under Poch but not able to adapt to others systems.

Benny_Lad likes this.
  2. Glenda's Legs

Glenda's Legs Paul Robinson

3. yiddo37

yiddo37 Goran Bunjevcevic

Peter Schmeichel and Levy's fatter, more evil brother are 2 of them!

ricky2tricky4city and MKSpur like this.
  4. Glenda's Legs

Just watched the club short highlights from the 2017 home game v Chelsea. The Dele 2 goals.
    What a great time that was.
    I have a vague memory from the game that's not captured in the highlights - a Chelsea player trying to wind Dele up, and Dele just laughing in his face, which was by far the best reaction he could have given. Was it that game?

StephenH and yiddo37 like this.
  5. yiddo37

yiddo37 Goran Bunjevcevic

We had Alli... Dele Alli....
    I'm not quite sure he understood...
    His game's gone downhill...tik tok had made him ill...
    Here's hoping the move will do him good...

ShipOfTheseus likes this.
  6. Yiddo

Yiddo Johnny Morrison

As much as i wanted rid for the last 3 / 4 seasons i hope the lad gets a great reception on returning.

yiddo37 likes this.
  7. Benny_Lad

Benny_Lad Gudni Bergsson

Had hoped this day wouldn’t come, and if it did then hoped it would only be a loan. Gutted.

One of the few players that I’ve felt a genuine warmth to in the same way as eg. Gazza, Ginola.

Good luck Dele.

Robbo, DTA, MKSpur and 1 other person like this.
  8. DaveT316

DaveT316 Wilson Palacios

The rivalries. He just got it.

He also gave me some of my happiest memories and something positive for me to focus on during a traumatic time for me personally. I’ll be eternally grateful for that.

MKSpur likes this.
  9. Diamond Lights

Diamond Lights Steve Hodge

Farewell and sorry he's gone for the memories but it was also time to move for both. I wish him nothing but the best, i hope he really, really comes good at Everton, not often i care about former players doing well once they leave, especially in PL, but i really do want to see him nab goals like the old days (just not against us).

What I will also say is Dele represents the Poch era, there's something about him specficially that really just screams that time. I've made no bones of my love for Poch but we need to move on, and I hope the shift of Dele stops us talking about Poch and 'one day returning' etc. Onwards and upwards.

Finney Is Back and Baleforce like this.
  10. billyiddo

billyiddo Garth Crooks Staff Member

Well put

11. AjaxDeSuperYids

AjaxDeSuperYids Kasey Keller

How it started
    A49103D9-B5A0-4BF0-A259-AFD7DE3A6C2D.jpeg

How it ended
    3BF8A781-8432-47FC-BDEF-0762F6233435.jpeg

Can’t understand the love in within this thread. The former went a loooong time ago and was replaced by the total disinterested bafoon in the latter.

12. Glenda's Legs

You can love and appreciate someone for all the good things they have done in the past, whilst accepting that those days are not going to return.
    Dele played a part in the memories we all have of our best time in years and years. That's why he's getting the fond remarks.

13. Benny_Lad

Benny_Lad Gudni Bergsson

He’s just a young lad trying to find some fun outside of football. I never had a problem with the gaming, clothing etc.

Would you rather he was in the betting shop wasting thousands, crashing his car whilst speeding, or shagging old birds?

14. DTA

DTA Sergei Rebrov

if you can’t understand the love within this thread, then you don’t really understand Spurs.

we should have kept Ali and transferred you instead ;)

15. elyid

elyid Jonathan Woodgate

I had the sadness in this thread 2 years ago when it first became apparent his game had gone, also the video with his mates laughing and the girl "on her knees" was not great.

But the couple years he was at the top of his game was such a brilliant time to be a Tottenham fan.

16. AjaxDeSuperYids

AjaxDeSuperYids Kasey Keller

He played extremely well for a couple of years and scored some amazing goals.

But you make it sound like it he fired us to a couple of fa cups and a european trophy.

Maybe he would have had he focussed on his game instead of turning into a total bellend.

17. DTA

DTA Sergei Rebrov

he was a big part of almost everything good we did in that Poch era, people remember Moura’s hat trick but two of the assists were Ali’s

like someone else has mentioned. What did he actually do wrong? Play computer games and mess around on tick tick(tock)??

it’s not like he was doing blow off hookers arses… which is probably what I would have done in his position

18. metalgear

metalgear Jack Jull

Was sad with his performances in 2020...now I'm glad to see him go. Yes thanks for the memories but we need the space and money for something better. It's something he lost inside.... Not about being played out of position - after 3 managers and see his meh England appearances too. Nothing personal and no regrets if he finds his form with Everton and scores a worldie against us.

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk

19. Baleforce

Baleforce Clive Allen

He did his part, put us a goal up in the cup semi, two assists in that Ajax game, if Kane, Son and Eriksen had turned up in big games to the same level as Dele, we would have won something.

Alaric, Finney Is Back, Robbo and 3 others like this.
  20. DubSpur

DubSpur Sergei Rebrov

I'd say you are great fun at parties, nothing but negativity...

He provided a lot of enjoyable moments and was a major part of the best team we've had in a long time.
    It's not all about trophies, if it was then why follow Spurs? Why not go and follow City and give us a break from the negativity?
    The enjoyment on a game to game basis is what keeps fans coming back, not the one off rush of winning a final (although a few of those would be nice).

As others have pointed out, he's enjoying his life and doing nothing wrong, if that's what makes someone a bellend in your life...

You can be thankful for what once was but also realise that it's gone and wish the player well for what he once gave.

RunTMC, Glenda's Legs, MKSpur and 2 others like this.