• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dele Alli

When he leaves the club should formally condemn him in the strongest possible terms for having the opposite mentality to a gerrard or lampard.

He should have surpassed both of those players but sadly he very much fits in with the noughties generation of delicate petals and wokist bafoons.

An absolute disgrace to himself and this sport.

I don't get the vitriol.

The reason for it, is probably because he massively overachieved under Poch. With players suited to his game to play off, and in full pomp, with a manager who was happy for him to waste quite a few openings, becuase he delivered in the end...he was mighty. But even at the time, when Alli was steller, you could see it wasn't sustainable. He'd frustrate all game then pop up with a stunning strike or assist. The kinds of goals and passes that aren't possible all the time. He also really benefited from a high press. Dele could try stuff, and when it didn't come off, we'd often win the ball back anyway.

Not sure who will take on his wages, and he'll probably be with us until the summer at least.

I don't get the vitriol.

The reason for it, is probably because he massively overachieved under Poch. With players suited to his game to play off, and in full pomp, with a manager who was happy for him to waste quite a few openings, becuase he delivered in the end...he was mighty. But even at the time, when Alli was steller, you could see it wasn't sustainable. He'd frustrate all game then pop up with a stunning strike or assist. The kinds of goals and passes that aren't possible all the time. He also really benefited from a high press. Dele could try stuff, and when it didn't come off, we'd often win the ball back anyway.

Not sure who will take on his wages, and he'll probably be with us until the summer at least.

Lol. That’s the deepest condemnation of him that I have ever read!

When he leaves the club should formally condemn him in the strongest possible terms for having the opposite mentality to a gerrard or lampard.

He should have surpassed both of those players but sadly he very much fits in with the noughties generation of delicate petals and wokist bafoons.

Are you drunk? More talented than Gerrard? [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

I’ve never been his greatest fan, but I just don’t get people getting all upset about him. He did amazingly well. Far exceeded any expectations. Yes it’s a shame we didn’t cash in when he was worth a mint. But to slate one of our players is churlish.

Like this man says Dele was never the talent a lot of you think he was. He was rarely an influential player rather a player for moments. With Eriksen and the high press creating those moments he looked a more productive player than he can be in any other system.

Like you I find it strange how some fans can't just see he's not the talent they think he is rather than being a lazy waster, he simply can't reach the levels they expect.

Are you drunk? More talented than Gerrard? [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

Like this man says Dele was never the talent a lot of you think he was. He was rarely an influential player rather a player for moments. With Eriksen and the high press creating those moments he looked a more productive player than he can be in any other system.

Like you I find it strange how some fans can't just see he's not the talent they think he is rather than being a lazy waster, he simply can't reach the levels they expect.

He can be a good player still. He needs a manager who believes in him completely and will let him try stuff. As well as players like Eriksen and Son who'll help him shine; plus mop up the second balls from his wayward attempts. Dele's still a highly creative, aware, adventurous player. But he doesn't fit with any of the managers post Poch. It is funny actually how similar our current and last 2 managers are. All managers who are defense first, and keen to break quickly. Alli doesn't have the accuracy or pace to prosper in this system. He can definitely be an asset for another side. And playing regularly, he will get goals and assists. He is highly creative. But you have set up the team to allow him to try lots of things. Not something Conte (or the past 2 managers) have time for. PSG or Leeds would be ideal destinations for Dele because of the managers.

He can be a good player still. He needs a manager who believes in him completely and will let him try stuff. As well as players like Eriksen and Son who'll help him shine; plus mop up the second balls from his wayward attempts. Dele's still a highly creative, aware, adventurous player. But he doesn't fit with any of the managers post Poch. It is funny actually how similar our current and last 2 managers are. All managers who are defense first, and keen to break quickly. Alli doesn't have the accuracy or pace to prosper in this system. He can definitely be an asset for another side. And playing regularly, he will get goals and assists. He is highly creative. But you have set up the team to allow him to try lots of things. Not something Conte (or the past 2 managers) have time for. PSG or Leeds would be ideal destinations for Dele because of the managers.

hmmm, not sure I agree with a couple aspects of that:

- I dont think he's creative at all. I would describe him as instinctive...flicks, volleys etc. 'Creative' to me implies things like through balls etc
- Post Messi, I dont see how Dele would go to PSG unless one of Messi, Mbappe or Neymar leaves. You cant play those 3 and then find room for Dele in midfield, and I doubt they'll bother signing him as a sub

hmmm, not sure I agree with a couple aspects of that:

- I dont think he's creative at all. I would describe him as instinctive...flicks, volleys etc. 'Creative' to me implies things like through balls etc
- Post Messi, I dont see how Dele would go to PSG unless one of Messi, Mbappe or Neymar leaves. You cant play those 3 and then find room for Dele in midfield, and I doubt they'll bother signing him as a sub

He is not short on ideas! And that is essentially creativity. The problem is he can't always execute the audacious idea. When he does it's gold.

Although i don't really agree with comparison to Gerrard, Gerrard was playing in a team pretty set up to play in a style to suiy Gerrard.
Dele most certainly isn't.
Dele isn't a bad player, he just isn't the right player for us anymore.
Him and Docherty for instance could both gets moves to clubs where they will be better fitted and thrive again.

Bit harsh lol

but yes, he’s not currently reached the levels he should have

I imagine being played without rest and with injuriesplayed a part

Back