• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dele Alli

Loftus-cheek says high
Loftus Cheek has had loans to two Premier League teams and did well enough with each for Chelsea to stick with him. Dele has just been floating around the club and not playing football matches.

Ross Barkley would be a better comparison.

The context is that he has been switched from his best position, deployed in two different ones, suffered a couple of injury problems and came across a manager who did not like him. Sadly it has taken its toll. I hope he can find traction with Conte, we shall see.
He could shag your partner and you'd still find an excuse! :D

He was deployed in a deeper role to accommodate an extra attacking player in Lingard. His natural game was compromised but he did. decent job. However, he was pilloried by most because they could not recognize that his role was different to that which he had played so successfully for us. I believe it was the sort of his career getting muddy. I remember SGE did a similar thing with Defoe, playing his as a wide forward rather than sniffer in the box, and he spent a few seasons wrapping himself around that 'adaptation'...
This was my understanding of his England career, Southgate Paul Scholesed him to accommodate Lingard or Sterling. I then think he was probably being a bit Jack the lad in training and Southgate doesn’t like that, he never really picked his mate Maddison when he was in good form and Grealish still feels like a reluctant selection he can’t ignore due to club form / transfer fee.

Loftus Cheek has had loans to two Premier League teams and did well enough with each for Chelsea to stick with him. Dele has just been floating around the club and not playing football matches.

Ross Barkley would be a better comparison.
Dele is way way way better than both of them IMO
He has delivered more historically and even delivered more last season when playing poor
Clubs keep players as they have a value that can’t recover

Dele is way way way better than both of them IMO
He has delivered more historically and even delivered more last season when playing poor
Clubs keep players as they have a value that can’t recover
You raised Loftus Cheek, not me.
Anyway, the comparison was around their career situations and their application, not how good they are.

The context is that he has been switched from his best position, deployed in two different ones, suffered a couple of injury problems and came across a manager who did not like him. Sadly it has taken its toll. I hope he can find traction with Conte, we shall see.

Still making excuses for him i see. ;)

Coud not agree more. Reading old men slagging off youth and their (admittedly dubious) fashion choices is like a written episode of Alf Garnett or Rising Damp.
Once sat next to Warren Mitchell at The Lane, it must have rubbed off.
Frankly If your earning north of 100k a week and dressing like you're homeless you deserve to be mocked whatever age you're at.
It's a strange cultural appropriation and should be banned!! :p

Even the Goons offloaded Wheelchair and Walcott in the end, if Conte cannot get Dele back to the form he was in 5 years ago by the end of this season then I can see his career following a similar trajectory to those 2 and David Bentley.

Partially agree, again, it depends on where he is played.

If people could be impartial, he was a huge reason we won our first three game 1-0 as he was playing a team role and putting shifts in. The problem is most people are still married to the bloke that played off Kane in 2016/17.

I do agree that Conte will bring his Spurs career to a conclusion pretty quickly, either he is in or out, and that can only be a good thing.

Frankly If your earning north of 100k a week and dressing like you're homeless you deserve to be mocked whatever age you're at.

Nice.
I am sure there are thousands of homeless people who would love a pair of those shoes given the fact theirs are either rotting or they have none.

Saw Warren Mitchell on bbc 4 the other week doing the death of a salesman. He was surprisingly good.

Partially agree, again, it depends on where he is played.

If people could be impartial, he was a huge reason we won our first three game 1-0 as he was playing a team role and putting shifts in. The problem is most people are still married to the bloke that played off Kane in 2016/17.

I do agree that Conte will bring his Spurs career to a conclusion pretty quickly, either he is in or out, and that can only be a good thing.

I agree.

Where he is played is probably very important. But it's not on Conte to find a place for Alli. Quite a lot of competition for those roles he could play him in.

On Alli to force his way back now.

Great actor, and in fairness, Alf Garnett required great acting skills too...

I knew nothing of him other then Garnett and loathing everything West Ham always avoided him.

I saw the chap from the wire doing death of a salesman and he was outstanding, that was at the new Vic. Day of the champs league final, the only happy memory I have from that day.

Back