• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dele Alli

Not very high is it. The thing is, any picture can be taken out of context. Maybe it was a quiet dinner. A part of me
feels he can work in this formation we have but its down to him. And I am not sure he has the inner strength to
actually push himself, train hard and not get all moody.
There are a lot of reports about him working really hard during the summer to get in the best shape he can. Don't see why it wouldn't continue under Conte.
I'm not sure it's to do with hard work in training, it just seems that hunger and aggression he had on the pitch when he broke through has disappeared and his game has lost something.

There are a lot of reports about him working really hard during the summer to get in the best shape he can. Don't see why it wouldn't continue under Conte.
I'm not sure it's to do with hard work in training, it just seems that hunger and aggression he had on the pitch when he broke through has disappeared and his game has lost something.
His game was never that multifaceted and now we don't or can't play in the way that gets the best of him he seems lacking.

I don't think it's down to any lack of trying or dedication on his part. The team shape, philosophy and components just aren't what they were when he first broke through into the side.

If we were to play in the same way or in a way that simialrly got the best out of him then no doubt he would start scoring a similar number of goals. But Dele even in his pomp was never a playmaker or that involved in the starting of moves. He's a finishing touch player, whether that's scoring himself or playing the final pass.

There’s always talk that he is very effective if deployed in a very specific system, within a narrow set of parameters, with Eriksen and so on. Basically he isn’t that flexible. And there’s some truth in that

I don’t watch a lot of international football but how did he win almost 40 caps for England? By all accounts he was a key player during the world cup run a few years ago. For those that watch, how was he used by the national team? I doubt England played Poch style football. And of course no Eriksen.

His game was never that multifaceted and now we don't or can't play in the way that gets the best of him he seems lacking.

I don't think it's down to any lack of trying or dedication on his part. The team shape, philosophy and components just aren't what they were when he first broke through into the side.

If we were to play in the same way or in a way that simialrly got the best out of him then no doubt he would start scoring a similar number of goals. But Dele even in his pomp was never a playmaker or that involved in the starting of moves. He's a finishing touch player, whether that's scoring himself or playing the final pass.
It's not about trying, but when he broke through he had a bit of nastiness and aggression in his play. That's gone now and with it a lot of his ability.
I don't think he'll ever be the same player, no matter what the system is, until he gets that back in his game.

Some of us on here really revel in kicking our players when they’re going through a rough time.
Who would have thought it?

Hes getting paid to do a job, just like anyone else out there, when you don't perform you usually get moved on or move on yourself.

No one is kicking him down but he has not covered himself in glory for far too long and many like you perhaps are hanging on to his previous highlights hoping and praying for him to repeat it.

I wish him success in a spurs shirt but he has done nothing over the last few seasons to be backed to turn it around.

There’s always talk that he is very effective if deployed in a very specific system, within a narrow set of parameters, with Eriksen and so on. Basically he isn’t that flexible. And there’s some truth in that

I don’t watch a lot of international football but how did he win almost 40 caps for England? By all accounts he was a key player during the world cup run a few years ago. For those that watch, how was he used by the national team? I doubt England played Poch style football. And of course no Eriksen.
That's a really good question and I don't specifically remember but at the same time I don't recall him having a massive impact. I looked up his record and he got 3 goals in 37 appearances for England, no idea his assist record but I think he got picked on his Spurs hype but seemingly didn't do a great deal for England. Hence him getting dropped fairly quickly before the press really cottoned to his drop in form.

Hes getting paid to do a job, just like anyone else out there, when you don't perform you usually get moved on or move on yourself.

No one is kicking him down but he has not covered himself in glory for far too long and many like you perhaps are hanging on to his previous highlights hoping and praying for him to repeat it.

I wish him success in a spurs shirt but he has done nothing over the last few seasons to be backed to turn it around.
I want all our players to do well it’s called being a Spurs supporter!
Dele is no longer popular and I get that
But at time like these it’s even more
Important to get behind the Dele’s of this world.

Last edited:
That's a really good question and I don't specifically remember but at the same time I don't recall him having a massive impact. I looked up his record and he got 3 goals in 37 appearances for England, no idea his assist record but I think he got picked on his Spurs hype but seemingly didn't do a great deal for England. Hence him getting dropped fairly quickly before the press really cottoned to his drop in form.

I think hype is a bit unfair, he was picked on his form and I can't see how anyone could question that.
England have a habit of playing spurs midfielders out of position, so i wouldn't read too much into any stats.

Going through a rough time is one thing, when its lasted for nearly 3 years is a different thing altogether.

The context is that he has been switched from his best position, deployed in two different ones, suffered a couple of injury problems and came across a manager who did not like him. Sadly it has taken its toll. I hope he can find traction with Conte, we shall see.

He was deployed in a deeper role to accommodate an extra attacking player in Lingard. His natural game was compromised but he did. decent job. However, he was pilloried by most because they could not recognize that his role was different to that which he had played so successfully for us. I believe it was the sort of his career getting muddy. I remember SGE did a similar thing with Defoe, playing his as a wide forward rather than sniffer in the box, and he spent a few seasons wrapping himself around that 'adaptation'...

I wonder why we didn't apply these logic and thoughts to Nuno who had an even more unfair situation than Dele.

Dele has had more than 3 years to prove himself. It confirms my concern again - we let these players off with interesting logic. If Dele was a Chelsea or Emirates Marketing Project player, do you think he would still be playing for them?

I wonder why we didn't apply these logic and thoughts to Nuno who had an even more unfair situation than Dele.

Dele has had more than 3 years to prove himself. It confirms my concern again - we let these players off with interesting logic. If Dele was a Chelsea or Emirates Marketing Project player, do you think he would still be playing for them?
Loftus-cheek says high

Even the Goons offloaded Wheelchair and Walcott in the end, if Conte cannot get Dele back to the form he was in 5 years ago by the end of this season then I can see his career following a similar trajectory to those 2 and David Bentley.

Back