• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dele Alli

Remember how on fire Alli was in the first few months of Jose's reign? He was on fire!
Where and why did it go wrong after such a great start?

Too busy thinking he was a model for boohoo and not a football player. Honestly, if he was not a football player he would not be a model ... needs to get back to basics with matters on the pitch as he clearly cannot handle distractions.

Remember how on fire Alli was in the first few months of Jose's reign? He was on fire!
Where and why did it go wrong after such a great start?

I’m sure it must be partly down to playing out of position.

First four starts under Jose he played in attacking midfield, getting 3 goals and 3 assists. Then eight of the remaining thirteen starts he played in central midfield or centre forward, because of injuries to others (notably including Kane and Son).

Then next season he was hooked at half time in the first game of the season and didn’t start again in the league until several months later.

And this season he’s been played in midfield again.

Personally I still think playing in the front 2/3 in Conte’s system could see him getting back towards his best.

Last edited:
My big issue with current Dele is shot decisions. I'd love to see how many of his shots get blocked. I think it's driven by a desperation to score but he needs one on one coaching to get himself right. He still is a good player and I'm hoping for a renaissance under Conte. We can hope as we have a match winner there who has lost his mojo for reasons we can only speculate about.

My big issue with current Dele is shot decisions. I'd love to see how many of his shots get blocked. I think it's driven by a desperation to score but he needs one on one coaching to get himself right. He still is a good player and I'm hoping for a renaissance under Conte. We can hope as we have a match winner there who has lost his mojo for reasons we can only speculate about.
I'm waiting for our next manager but three. I think he may get Dele firing again.

I’m sure it must be partly down to playing out of position.

First four starts under Jose he played in attacking midfield, getting 3 goals and 3 assists. Then eight of the remaining thirteen starts he played in central midfield or centre forward, because of injuries to others (notably including Kane and Son).

Then next season he was hooked at half time in the first game of the season and didn’t start again in the league until several months later.

And this season he’s been played in midfield again.

Personally I still think playing in the front 2/3 in Conte’s system could see him getting back towards his best.

I'm pretty sure Dele was at his best before Son became a regular in the side. Lots of his goals were scored when he drifted into the spaces either side of Kane; spaces that haven't existed since Sonny became a regular, which he wasn't for a long period under Poch. I'm not sure there's room for Kane, Son and Dele in the same system – at least not the Dele we all want to see again – but I guess there's a chance Conte might try this combination.

I'm pretty sure Dele was at his best before Son became a regular in the side. Lots of his goals were scored when he drifted into the spaces either side of Kane; spaces that haven't existed since Sonny became a regular, which he wasn't for a long period under Poch. I'm not sure there's room for Kane, Son and Dele in the same system – at least not the Dele we all want to see again – but I guess there's a chance Conte might try this combination.

I definitely agree to some extent. Though Son did start 23 times in Dele’s best season for us - 16/17.

Also fashion boy... but what concerns did Poch have of him aside from his form? Maybe he wants Pep to be his father and does not want to disappoint him.

upload_2021-11-17_7-8-14.png

Odds on Alli ever playing for England again?
Not very high is it. The thing is, any picture can be taken out of context. Maybe it was a quiet dinner. A part of me
feels he can work in this formation we have but its down to him. And I am not sure he has the inner strength to
actually push himself, train hard and not get all moody.

Back