• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dele Alli

Was waiting for this to be blamed on Mourinho:D So if this the case why is it that NDombeles skills hasn’t been stifled by the monster that is Mourinho? I’m surprised Mourinho even picks NDombele, he non-figuratively despises anyone who displays skill on the pitch:rolleyes: Fact is Dele hasn’t been the same player for some time, well before Mourinho came along. His dip in form pretty much coincides with when he opened his own fashion label, he clearly has had other distractions off the pitch as well. Let’s hope he gets his head back into football properly some point soon whether that’s here or somewhere else as it would be criminal to see his talents go to waste....
Agree Dele was already well on a downward slope before JM's arrival, and yes, JM seems to have turned Tanguy around, but we're all different and respond in different ways to the same treatment

So for me the question remains, has JM aggravated what was already a problem with Dele by fudging him up even more? Maybe it's a bit of both, none of us can really know.

But like I said, my gut feeling is that having tried his best to fit into Jose's straightjacket, Dele is now more tinkled off than ever because it seems to him that however hard he tries, nothing is ever going to be good enough for Mourinho, so why bother.

The flipside of course is that Jose sees a player who continues to indulge in sloppiness, hence the current impasse.

Regrettably a parting of the ways now seems the only solution.

Agree Dele was already well on a downward slope before JM's arrival, and yes, JM seems to have turned Tanguy around, but we're all different and respond in different ways to the same treatment

So for me the question remains, has JM aggravated what was already a problem with Dele by fudging him up even more? Maybe it's a bit of both, none of us can really know.

But like I said, my gut feeling is that having tried his best to fit into Jose's straightjacket, Dele is now more tinkled off than ever because it seems to him that however hard he tries, nothing is ever going to be good enough for Mourinho, so why bother.

The flipside of course is that Jose sees a player who continues to indulge in sloppiness, hence the current impasse.

Regrettably a parting of the ways now seems the only solution.

....or, we get a new manager in who restores Dele to the Dele of old, and its like a new signing!

Pathetic isn't it.
Anyone who knows how livestreams work knows how this went down.

He has been a pro at least about this!

I want to see the real Dele back and playing for us under a proper manager.

It's likely he was touching his hat before and someone wrote that to be funny

If that is his dog then he has shown he has good taste in dogs if nothing else. We had one the same breed and colour and he was great.

Well, looks like his choices of hair style and trousers reflect his performance on the pitch lately. It's all gone to brick.

Better hair style.

How do lads like Dele stay focused, when just turned 25 he's a multi-millionaire? In the back of your mind is a problematic fact - if I don't make it, don't make the team, it is all okay, I am made for life.

I am sure that is not Dele's aim, and he loves playing football. Wants to excel at the highest levels again. But...you know...its there. Ultimately, if it doesn't work out...you're okay. That takes away some of the hunger, some of the necessity to excel. And provides you with oodles of money-based distractions. But at 25, he can refocus and mature into the second half of his career. He'll never be rapid, he will always rely on his creativity. That should stand him in good stead for a long career provided he's hungry, and can focus/dedicate himself.

Is he another one to add to the burnt out by Poch list. I miss our manager as much as anyone, but he does seem to have left a trail of broken bodies and minds in his wake.

Maybe Alli was playing too much at too high an intensity and is just spent.

The fact we never won anything must have been so hard to take, having put in all the work in training and games to come up just short again and again. We've never really recovered as a club.

Is he another one to add to the burnt out by Poch list. I miss our manager as much as anyone, but he does seem to have left a trail of broken bodies and minds in his wake.

Maybe Alli was playing too much at too high an intensity and is just spent.

The fact we never won anything must have been so hard to take, having put in all the work in training and games to come up just short again and again. We've never really recovered as a club.

I think you are letting Dele off way to easily here. The only thing Poch was guilty of regarding Dele was indulging him after his form fell off a cliff in the 2018/2019 season. He has been largely abysmal since then yet he still got picked most weeks until Mourinho came in. I think Jose initially thought there was still a great player in there somewhere and that the tough love approach might work. It didn't. Maybe the new manager and whatever approach they take with him will have more luck, but I think the only person who can bring back the old Dele, is Dele. Does he have the desire or will to do so?

Back