• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dele Alli

Flashes of what could be and right application, but probably not enough and a few silly decisions as per normal Dele (notably when he nutmegged the defender and could have squared the pass for an easy goal, instead decided to try to nutmegg keeper from a crazy tight angle). I'd play him again Wednesday on that performance but not Sunday.

"Could've squared the pass for an easy goal?" Errr, he perhaps could've tried a dele-cate chip to Bale who looked to find the space but still had two defenders between him and the ball if the ball's on the floor. I thought he was more than entitled to go for it, and I'd start him the 10 behind Kane with Tanguy deep on Sunday. That is if we want to win on the front foot. I doubt Mourinho will of course...
p.s. I watch football for players like this.

It was not an "easy square pass"

"Could've squared the pass for an easy goal?" Errr, he perhaps could've tried a dele-cate chip to Bale who looked to find the space but still had two defenders between him and the ball if the ball's on the floor. I thought he was more than entitled to go for it, and I'd start him the 10 behind Kane with Tanguy deep on Sunday. That is if we want to win on the front foot. I doubt Mourinho will of course...

It was an excellent attempt and not many players could have done it

I think he could have passed to Son's left foot, but I don't mind him shooting when that close and having created the chance himself.

ALSO note that Son could easily have played Dele in after a couple of minutes but chose the greedy option, so this was payback for that selfishness from Son.

I don't begrudge him going for goal but it's a very low probability chance from that angle. If it were a big game and a critical chance I'd consider that a pretty stupud decision on his part.

Don't think Bale's wages are an issue this year or next (he's earning roughly around Kane money with us)

With expected outgoing's this summer, probably be covered anyway.

They would be a massive issue if he makes himself unavailable for selection.

He is no good for regular football. If he had the hunger and desire to be a footballer he would be at bayern winning league titles. He came here because it is easy. He is taking the tinkle out of us.

I've had it with Dele now...

He lost the ball in a 50-50 not long after coming on and chased the west ham player... Well, when I say chase he jogged at the same pace behind him.. He was going through the motions and never does anything with pace... He couldn't even seem to kick the ball with any power today...

I've had enough of him

His effort was fine, he got ten minutes against a defense that had shut up shop

No it wasn’t ‘fine’

It was abysmal

He should have run his socks off even just to make a point

He didn’t

He lost the ball in a 50-50 not long after coming on and chased the west ham player... Well, when I say chase he jogged at the same pace behind him.. He was going through the motions and never does anything with pace... He couldn't even seem to kick the ball with any power today...

I've had enough of him

Says it all

I've had enough of him
thought the same thing at the time. Fresh as a daisy, should have bust his balls to get back, but decided to canter along.

You're just another supporter who has already made their minds up and any action that supports your bias will be used as proof.

Ten minutes in a game we didn't create a meaningful chance in and people cry that he tried flick or didn't chase back one time.

Today didn't prove or disprove anything regarding Dele however it did nothing to forward the argument that he should be starting. At the same time neither did Lamela and Moura who did start. [emoji38][emoji52]
The failed flick when he was on the edge of their box was infuriating. Maybe it’s part of “The Fear™️“ that @thfcsteff talks about. The intelligent thing to have done would have been to control the ball and invite a challenge. But no, he flicked.

Back