• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dele Alli

Maybe dele is wrong and is not showing the fight that Mourinho wants.

Current gaffer knows world class players and grafters with the meteorology. He just doesn't see it in alli ... fair enough.

Put it to bed, sell him and get sabitzer in.

Over night we have a midfield that looks at it along with PEH, TD.

Ali just look at tanguy.... you were the golden boy while tanguy got his head down .... how times have changed.
It has to be a balance
to me it seemed dele was trying when he got his chances but his chances were getting cut short
The comments yesterday were not about a player working hard to stay here anymore unfortunately

Obviously showing my bias here but i find it strange that a player Mourinho has hinted several times is due for a league start in upcoming games, only to leave him out, has not been putting the required effort in - why make the positive comments in the first place? Or are we to believe each time it gets mooted he's going to play he then stops training?

Looks like a manager trying to force a player out to me.

Obviously showing my bias here but i find it strange that a player Mourinho has hinted several times is due for a league start in upcoming games, only to leave him out, has not been putting the required effort in - why make the positive comments in the first place? Or are we to believe each time it gets mooted he's going to play he then stops training?

Looks like a manager trying to force a player out to me.

Sad to see Dele be treated like this. But I’m not at all surprised.
He’s not going hang around and sadly won’t be the last.

He has and its not always about what a player does on the pitch, his attitude off it is also important. Now neither of us really know what happens/ has happened off the pitch so we are all guessing.
Not this season he hasn't- he's getting scraps and then when he plays well not included thereafter - you could argue when the team was performing early in the season that was fair enough but now the team isn't performing then it doesn't stack up.

What we do know regarding off the field is that it wasn't a problem for Mourinho how Dele was training when he had on two or three occasions previously said Dele is pushing for a place in upcoming games - only to be left out again. You don't consider players for the team publicly if they aren't doing the business on the training pitch like he's now saying - it makes no sense.

Not this season he hasn't- he's getting scraps and then when he plays well not included thereafter - you could argue when the team was performing early in the season that was fair enough but now the team isn't performing then it doesn't stack up.

What we do know regarding off the field is that it wasn't a problem for Mourinho how Dele was training when he had on two or three occasions previously said Dele is pushing for a place in upcoming games - only to be left out again. You don't consider players for the team publicly if they aren't doing the business on the training pitch

All good points but as i said we are only guessing at what happens off the field and i guess some will be influenced one way or the other without knowing the full story. As for him playing well i am not sure about that, he was good against 8th tier Marine but his other games he was not outstanding or shown enough to play more often. IMO

All good points but as i said we are only guessing at what happens off the field and i guess some will be influenced one way or the other without knowing the full story. As for him playing well i am not sure about that, he was good against 8th tier Marine but his other games he was not outstanding or shown enough to play more often. IMO

As said before mate he played the AM role in the EL in his last start and had a hand in 3 of the 4 goals we scored and could have been more if other players finishing was better and he generally ran the show before he tired (not surprising due to lack of game time) i know you say he didn't play well in that game, but you're wrong. It was objectively a good performance and there's no counter argument for it not being so.

Other than that he's had no meaningful game time that i can recall - so no he hasn't had the opportunities and yes he has done well when afforded rare game time.

As said before mate he played the AM role in the EL in his last start and had a hand in 3 of the 4 goals we scored and could have been more if other players finishing was better and he generally ran the show before he tired (not surprising due to lack of game time) i know you say he didn't play well in that game, but you're wrong. It was objectively a good performance and there's no counter argument for it not being so.

Other than that he's had no meaningful game time that i can recall - so no he hasn't had the opportunities and yes he has done well when afforded rare game time.

Stop! Hammer time mate and once again we disagree, a fully fit / performing Alli is a very good player but i have seen nothing from him this season to suggest he is that player. As i have said on here i do not know where he fits into the system at the moment ( i accept that is not true for some fans) and NO ONE know what his attitude is off the pitch.

You can call me wrong as many times as you want but it does not make it so, Stop! Hammer time.

Maybe not showing enough in training to start ahead of others.

Maybe - but as per my previous posts that doesn't match up with what JM has said at different points this season when hinting he was in contention to play.

If the style we see on the pitch is anything to go on, I think Dele might as well move on, he is clearly not a Mourinho type of player.

He has and its not always about what a player does on the pitch, his attitude off it is also important. Now neither of us really know what happens/ has happened off the pitch so we are all guessing.
But if he doesn’t have the ‘stuff’ Mou wants, why keep him? In case we have a ton of injuries/suspensions and he’s the only choice? THEN he’d have to select a player he doesn’t rate. A player he doesn’t think will ‘fight’ for the team? Surely if that’s the case he’s better off getting rid and developing players he CAN trust. Mou has a history of picking issues with players. And sticking to them.

It now seems clear that, whatever the reason, Mourinho doesnt rate Dele. This being the case, we should sell and reinvest.

A great shame on one level, but the requirements of a coach to forge the team he wants must come first.

Back