1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Please read this post: https://www.glory-glory.co.uk/community/threads/fund-raising-for-jeremy-yermiyahu.10542/
    Dismiss Notice

Dele Alli

Discussion in 'Spurs News & Views' started by Denmark Spur, 2 Feb 2015.

1. AdamB

AdamB Luka Modric

Based solely on footballing ability and what they'd bring, I'd go for Eriksen rather than Dele just because I dont see how Dele fits into a Mourinho 4-3-3 type team

The HG point cant be ignored though as you say. We'd need to also sell/loan etc one of probably Moura or Lamela too and bring in an English replacement. I think its more likely that Eriksen arrives, Dele stays and Moura/Lamela leaves...but even more likely that none of those happen and we dont do any business in Jan!

afsoc4life likes this.
  2. Mosquito_Coasting

Mosquito_Coasting Niko Kranjcar

Eriksen always seemed like a sheepish guy, can't imagine how sheepish he'd be returning here. Sure it wouldn't be good for his game.

3. Bedfordspurs

Bedfordspurs Vic Buckingham

off the pitch I’ve been told he has quite a dark sense of humour and takes the Micky a lot

Mosquito_Coasting likes this.
  4. Mosquito_Coasting

Mosquito_Coasting Niko Kranjcar

Scandi noir

Baleforce, SteveAWOL, Robbo and 3 others like this.
  5. afsoc4life

afsoc4life Clint Dempsey

Eriksen fits Jose more than Dele.

AdamB likes this.
  6. AdamB

AdamB Luka Modric

Be happy to take Eriksen back and send Bale back to Madrid. Save a few £ and get someone who might contribute

afsoc4life likes this.
  7. milo

milo Jürgen Klinsmann Staff Member

We can't replace Dele or Bale with Eriksen unless we drop another foreign player from out European squad

8. elyid

elyid Tim Sherwood

Yeah Bale is homegrown

9. AdamB

AdamB Luka Modric

Fair point. We really need to address the HG/non balance in the squad, particularly amongst the 'non first 11' players - players like Moura, Lamela, Sanchez, etc dont add much ability-wise and also complicate signing first 11 players

10. Bullet

Bullet Ian Walker

This is disingenuous Rodge, there are 5 players we can easily drop that contribute almost nothing.

11. 90291Spur

90291Spur Johnny Morrison

I hope dele got hooked today because he’s playing Wednesday against villa.

braineclipse and stinkfoot like this.
  12. AdamB

AdamB Luka Modric

Jose said something to that effect afterwards - something like 'let's see whether he can get some minutes on Wed'

stinkfoot likes this.
  13. awesome dawson

awesome dawson Mauricio Taricco

He looks ready for some proper Premier league minutes to me, whether that's starting or as a half time sub.

14. milo

milo Jürgen Klinsmann Staff Member

It's not a direct replacement then though, which is the point I was trying to make

15. greatwhitenorf

greatwhitenorf Ruel Fox

Great attitude and performance against Marine. Love to see the sort of thinking he displayed while he was out there. I want him to stay, sort things out, and be the part of the team he was previously. There's so much talent there to unlock. He only has to look at how Kane has modified his game to understand that he, too, can change and succeed.

16. Raziel

Raziel Steffen Iversen

The role he played (deeper) is the only role I see him able to get himself into PL team with.

- I think the front 3 in the PL is set -> Kane, Son, Bergwijn (or if Bale hit crazy form later in season)
    - The 3 behind? PEH, Ndombele +1 (rotation right now is Sissoko, Gio, Winks), Dele could get into that rotation, especially with teams that sit off.

Up to him, he will have some choices to make as I suspect PSG/Poch will come calling

17. braineclipse

braineclipse Barry Daines

Didn't watch the full game yesterday, but from what I saw his attitude looks very much on point.

If he's very unhappy with how he's being treated and wants out he's trying to get out by looking good to potential clubs he could go to.

Showed his class, it's easy to say that he should, but we all know that isn't always easy.

Hoping for him to get more chances to show what he can do going forward.

18. Raziel

Raziel Steffen Iversen

He played well, took 10-15 mins to settle in (could be us be cautious knowing they would have high energy in beginning, could be the pitch or just rusty)

What I like about yesterday was he took responsibility for the game (not just contributing), he tried to control the tempo, move the ball around, be the midfield person that controls the game. That I haven't seen very much of in the past from Dele.

His attitude and even application is not really the issue for me, it's more that impacting the game. I've been critical of him this season because I felt against lesser opposition (Europa) it would be a huge help for the team if he could impose himself on the game (as his talent would allow), let us put games to bed earlier and rest/rotate more.

braineclipse and MKSpur like this.
  19. parklane1

parklane1 David Ginola

He did well, lets hope he can show that he can fit into the team and take Jose orders on board. Its in his hands.

20. stinkfoot

stinkfoot Kasey Keller

If Mourinho’s intention is to get him back up and running, then Fulham would be a perfect game to put him back in to try and push on from the good performance yesterday imo. Dropping him again straight after playing well doesn’t do anything for us or him.